|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the color purple typically represent symbolically?
(a) Character and resolutions.
(b) Wealth and royalty.
(c) Poverty and strength.
(d) Surprise and anticpation.
2. How does Eve exercise her orneriness when she arrives at Roarke's home?
(a) She enters without knocking.
(b) She brings a pet into the house for the first time.
(c) She parks her car in front of the house.
(d) She calls him from outside his front door.
3. How does Eve get to meet with Mirina?
(a) Her police issued car.
(b) Roarke's car.
(c) Private plane.
(d) Roarke's jet.
4. Why does Eve call Roarke?
(a) To have him talk to C.J.
(b) To see if he had an affair with Yvonne.
(c) To tell him that there has been a second murder.
(d) To tell him about her nightmare.
5. How does David appear when Eve is talking to him after the service?
6. Why does Roarke show Eve his surprise?
(a) He wants to make peace with her.
(b) He is compromising with her.
(c) He wants to make her say she loves him.
(d) He has to go out of town for awhile.
7. How does Eve get around Summerset?
(a) She elbows him in the stomach.
(b) She calls Roarke first and asks him to let her in.
(c) She goes in the back door.
(d) She pushes him out of her way.
8. How does Eve feel about meeting Nadine and bringing her up-to-date?
9. What accusation does C.J. make about Roarke?
(a) He is engaging in criminal activity.
(b) He is hiding evidence.
(c) He had an affair with the second victim.
(d) He is the murderer.
10. What surprise does Roarke give to Eve?
(a) Her own office in his home.
(b) A ring.
(c) He has fired Summerset.
(d) Access to his private transportation.
11. Which of the following must be true about the killer?
(a) The killer is not the same person.
(b) The killer must be a female.
(c) The killer must be a member of their family.
(d) The killer must be someone who is privy to the woman's personal life.
12. What position does C.J. Morse hold?
(d) Medical personnel.
13. In what year does this book take place?
14. What is Roarke tired of waiting for Eve to do?
(b) Accept his gifts gracefully.
(c) Tell him she loves him.
(d) Move into his house.
15. How much money has David Angelini withdrawn over the last six months?
(a) 10 million dollars.
(b) 5 million dollars.
(c) 1 million dollars.
(d) Half a million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads the reader to conclude that Commander Whitney is a die-hard cop?
2. What does comment did Mira make that Eve thinks can be part of plan to catch the killer?
3. What does Eve's visitor in her office tell her about the investigation?
4. Which of the following characters has considerable gambling debts?
5. What do Roarke and Eve discuss upon waking in the morning?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)