|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about David changes Eve's approach and attitude?
(a) Commander Whitney's attitude about him.
(b) His accusations toward her.
(c) His gender.
(d) His open hostility.
2. How does Eve feel after Roarke leaves?
3. Where does Eve go after she leaves Roarke's house?
(a) The murder scene.
(b) Cop Central.
(c) Commander Whitney's house.
(d) Mavis's home.
4. Which of the terms best describes how Eve seems when she tells Roarke that she loves him?
(a) She is enthusiastic.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is shy.
5. Who does Eve notice at the scene of the murder right away?
(b) Commander Whitney.
(d) C.J. Morse.
6. In what year does this book take place?
7. How does Eve react to the fact that Roarke seems to know her so well?
8. Which of the following terms best describes the feelings between Eve and C.J. Morse?
(b) Jaded feelings.
9. What position does Summerset hold?
(a) Family friend.
(d) Personal assistant.
10. What does Eve tell Roarke that she needs help from him to do?
(a) Find the real killer.
(b) Disqualify him as a suspect.
(c) Figure out what kind of person Yvonne was.
(d) Survive and live the rest of her life.
11. What does C.J. Morse say about the murder of Cicely on the news that angers Eve?
(a) The police are withholding evidence about the crime.
(b) The department and Eve are inept.
(c) That the commander is leading the investigation.
(d) That Roarke is behind the crime.
12. What does Eve's visitor in her office tell her about the investigation?
(a) He will be her partner for the rest of the investigation.
(b) He has been asked to supervise Eve.
(c) He is there to talk about Roarke not the investigation.
(d) He has been unofficially asked to lend a hand.
13. What is Eve doing when C.J. Morse calls?
(a) She is interviewing her boss.
(b) She is looking at crime scene photos.
(c) She is at the lab talking to the technicians.
(d) She is at the morgue viewing the body.
14. Why does C.J. misuse facts?
(a) He does it for ratings.
(b) He does it to make Eve angry.
(c) He does it to get a response from people.
(d) He does it to obtain promotions.
15. Where does Eve meet Feeney the morning after she talks to Nadine at the Blue Squirrel?
(a) Blue Squirrel.
(b) Cop Central.
(c) Cicely's apartment.
(d) Marco Angelini's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Crack offer to Eve?
2. How does Commander Whitney describe his relationship with the victim?
3. How does it appear Cicely Towers was killed?
4. Where does Eve go to wait for Summerset to tell Roarke that she has arrived
5. What does Crack demand before he will share information with Eve about Cicely?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)