|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event tells the reader that Eve most likely loves Roarke?
(a) The fact that she apologizes to him.
(b) The way she looks at him during the service.
(c) Her confrontation of him with the blonde.
(d) The fact that she is wearing his necklace.
2. What does Nadine accuse Eve of being?
(a) A ridiculously careless person.
(b) A liar and theif.
(c) A typical policeman.
(d) A media whore.
3. How does it make Eve feel to think that she cannot stop thinking about Roarke?
(a) Shames her.
(b) Surprises her.
(c) Infuriates her.
(d) Disgusts her.
4. How does Roarke know Marco Angelini?
(a) Business dealings.
(b) Personal friends.
(c) Employer and employee.
(d) Arch enemies.
5. In what city does this story take place?
(b) New York.
6. Why does C.J. misuse facts?
(a) He does it to obtain promotions.
(b) He does it for ratings.
(c) He does it to make Eve angry.
(d) He does it to get a response from people.
7. What does Eve ask C.J. Morse?
(a) Why he exploits the victims.
(b) How he knew Yvonne Metcalf.
(c) How he is always at the scene so quickly.
(d) How he heard about the crime.
8. Why does Eve believe Cicely's family could get away with being involved in her murder?
(a) They are very wealthy.
(b) They all have been telling regular lies.
(c) They are not what they seem on the surface.
(d) No one is being honest with her.
9. What position does Summerset hold?
(a) Family friend.
(d) Personal assistant.
10. What does Dr. Mira insist Eve have before they start discussing the crimes?
(b) A prayer.
(c) Silent meditation.
11. What unsettles Eve about the service?
(a) Being inside a church.
(b) Family atmosphere.
(c) Her fight with Roarke.
(d) The amount of reporters.
12. What does Eve earn from Nadine with her sense of justice?
13. Which of the following describes Eve's relationship with Mavis?
(a) They tolerate each other.
(c) Basic friendship.
(d) A safe haven.
14. Where does Roarke want to meet Eve that night?
(a) At a club.
(b) At his home.
(c) At the office.
(d) At a restaurant.
15. What happens when Eve is at her apartment home alone?
(a) She finds an anonymous package.
(b) She breaks down and cries for her lost family.
(c) She gets a phone message from an informant.
(d) She cannot stop thinking about Roarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the most appropriate term to describe Eve's decision to visit and interview Marco Angelini?
2. What does Nadine do that annoys Eve?
3. Where does Eve meet Feeney the morning after she talks to Nadine at the Blue Squirrel?
4. What is Eve doing when C.J. Morse calls?
5. Why does Eve go to see Dr. Mira?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)