• The story is set in New York City in the year 2058. Eve Dallas is the main character and is a lieutenant on the police force.
• She is called to the murder scene of Cicely Towers who is a prosecuting attorney for New York City., She is discovered lying dead in one of the worst neighborhoods with her throat slashed.
• Eve realizes that even though they worked together, she really doesn't know anything about the woman.
• Eve is annoyed by a reporter, C.J. Morse, who continually throws questions at her.
• She also finds out that her Commander, Whitney, had a close relationship with the victim. He tells her to proceed as she would with any other and that this case wouldn't be getting any special treatment.
• Eve asks the commander if he and Cicely were having a sexual relationship and he denies it and tells Eve that...
This section contains 2,121 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)