|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature does Abby tell her parents she was kidnapped by in Chapter 33?
2. From whom does Memphis say he obtained the map of Brighton in Chapter 29?
3. How has Abby’s Complement been injured when she appears in Chapter 27?
4. What does Memphis say he plans on taking Abby to see in Chapter 26?
5. Who does Abby see in the backseat of the police car opposite the one that takes her in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Van to return to the home camp in Chapter 30?
2. How is Abby’s encounter with the zombies described in Chapter 22?
3. What objective does Abby’s Complement give her in Chapter 41?
4. How is the “home camp” described in Chapter 21? Where is it located?
5. How does Abby respond to the information that she overhears by the lagoon in Chapter 26?
6. What is Kaden’s response when Abby accuses him of competing with Memphis by bringing her here in Chapter 27?
7. Who is located in the prison cell next to Abby’s in Chapter 33? What exchange takes place between Abby and this character?
8. What does Kaden say to Abby when they bid farewell in Chapter 40? What occurs as Abby enters the time warp?
9. How does Abby describe the daily chores and activities of the colony in the beginning of Chapter 22?
10. What is revealed when Abby shoots the wall and lowers the partition in Chapter 38?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Elle Robertson in the novel. How does Elle differ from Abby? How are they alike? How does Elle describe her Advice Meeting to Abby?
Essay Topic 2
Define “irony” and discuss some examples of this literary device in the novel. What are examples of dramatic, verbal or situational irony in the story? How is Abby’s belief in zombies ironic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the characters of Peter and Lana in the story. How do Peter and Lana respond to Abby’s arrival at the colony? How do these characters compare to Abby’s own parents?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)