|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horse does Memphis take with him when he leaves Abby alone in Chapter 29?
2. Whose face does Abby awaken to see looking at her after she, Memphis, and Van have made camp in Chapter 30?
3. When Abby finds Elle’s file in Declan’s office in Chapter 36, how old is Elle described in the file?
4. What does Declan force Abby to put on in Chapter 34?
5. Who does Abby’s Complement say that Abby has to stop in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicts arise when Kaden returns to the home camp in Chapter 23?
2. How does Landon respond when Abby accuses him of failing to save her from her kidnappers in Chapter 37?
3. Who is located in the prison cell next to Abby’s in Chapter 33? What exchange takes place between Abby and this character?
4. What causes Van to return to the home camp in Chapter 30?
5. When Abby comes face-to-face with Declan in Chapter 34, what does he relate to her about her Advice Meeting?
6. How does Abby respond to the information that she overhears by the lagoon in Chapter 26?
7. What happens when Abby returns to her parents’ home in Chapter 33? What does Abby try to convince her parents to do?
8. Whom does Abby encounter after leaving the lagoon in Chapter 27? What does Abby say?
9. What happens when Abby crosses through the time warp in Chapter 29?
10. How would you describe Abby’s mindset regarding the colony and Kaden in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of the novel as established in Chapter 1. When in the future does the story begin? What indications in the text give clues as to the time period in which the story takes place? What kinds of technology are described in the first chapter? Where is Brighton located?
Essay Topic 2
a. Discuss the plot structure of Glitch (Lost in Time). In what ways is the narrative related and what effect does this have on the reader?
b. How does Glitch (Lost in Time) compare with other novels of its genre? Are there specific stylistic elements that can be seen in the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the characters of Kaden and Memphis in the novel. How old are Kaden and Memphis? How are the brothers similar? How do they differ?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)