|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Memphis tells Abby in Chapter 24 that who “says the future is uncertain”?
2. Who is the officer that Landon tackles in the beginning of Chapter 40?
3. What does Abby shoot that causes the barrier to open at the end of Chapter 37?
4. For how long has Abby been staying with the colony at the camp in the beginning of Chapter 22?
5. How have the flowers around Abby changed when she passes through the time warp in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Abby’s encounter with the zombies described in Chapter 22?
2. Who is located in the prison cell next to Abby’s in Chapter 33? What exchange takes place between Abby and this character?
3. How would you describe Abby’s mindset regarding the colony and Kaden in Chapter 25?
4. How does Declan threaten Abby and prevent her from leaping through time in Chapter 39?
5. How does Abby describe the daily chores and activities of the colony in the beginning of Chapter 22?
6. Whom does Abby encounter after leaving the lagoon in Chapter 27? What does Abby say?
7. How is the “home camp” described in Chapter 21? Where is it located?
8. Where does Abby encounter Memphis in the beginning of Chapter 29? What does she tell him?
9. Who arrives to stop Abby and Kaden from pursuing their quest in Brighton in Chapter 29? How do they respond?
10. When Abby comes face-to-face with Declan in Chapter 34, what does he relate to her about her Advice Meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the characters of Kaden and Memphis in the novel. How old are Kaden and Memphis? How are the brothers similar? How do they differ?
Essay Topic 2
Romance in Glitch (Lost in Time)
a. Discuss the differences and similarities between male and female sexuality in the novel. How does Memphis view women? Do his views change in the course of the novel?
b. How are the characters of Abby and Elle alike? How do they differ? Are their views on romance similar or different?
Essay Topic 3
a. Discuss the plot structure of Glitch (Lost in Time). In what ways is the narrative related and what effect does this have on the reader?
b. How does Glitch (Lost in Time) compare with other novels of its genre? Are there specific stylistic elements that can be seen in the narrative?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)