|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Abby use to refer to the area outside the walls of Brighton?
2. What does Memphis offer to Abby when she asks for pain reliever in Chapter 14?
3. Abby and Elle take Elle’s father’s car to the park in Chapter 6. What kind of car is it?
4. What is the name of Landon’s cat in the novel?
5. On what date does Abby go to her Advice Meeting in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Landon tell Abby and Elle about their future activities in Chapter 9?
2. What realization does Abby reach regarding the effect of her abduction in Chapter 19?
3. What excuse does Abby give to Landon for why she and Abby were by the wall in Chapter 9?
4. How does Abby describe the Oracle’s legacy in Brighton in Chapter 13?
5. What does Abby learn about Elle’s Advice Meeting in Chapter 6?
6. How is the ritual of the Advice Meeting in Brighton described in Chapter 1? How old must one be to participate in this ritual?
7. Where does Abby find the note in Chapter 2? What does the note say?
8. What exchange takes place between Abby and Landon in Chapter 8?
9. What is Kaden’s response when Abby demands to see her Complement in Chapter 12?
10. How does Abby describe Yara’s family in Chapter 1? Why did Yara not attend her Advice Meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of time travel in the novel. How are the concepts of time travel described? Are the author’s depictions of time travel realistic? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of political corruption in Glitch (Lost in Time). How does the author use symbolism and imagery to depict this theme in Chapters 17 and 18? Who in the novel represents this theme?
Essay Topic 3
a. Discuss the plot structure of Glitch (Lost in Time). In what ways is the narrative related and what effect does this have on the reader?
b. How does Glitch (Lost in Time) compare with other novels of its genre? Are there specific stylistic elements that can be seen in the narrative?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)