|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the forest where Zombie Zone Guy tells Abby they’re located in Chapter 11?
2. What term does Abby use to refer to the area outside the walls of Brighton?
3. What word from Chapter 16 refers to a state of refuge or sanctuary from a foreign state?
4. How are Kaden and Memphis related in the novel?
5. Abby’s Complement tells her in Chapter 5 that she should spend less time with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Memphis and Kaden tell Abby about her future with their colony in Chapter 13?
2. What does Abby learn about Elle’s Advice Meeting in Chapter 6?
3. What excuse does Abby give to Landon for why she and Abby were by the wall in Chapter 9?
4. Where are Memphis and Abby traveling in Chapter 18? Why does Abby become angry?
5. How would you describe the evolution of Abby’s feelings about Memphis during their journey in Chapter 20?
6. Where do Elle and Abby go when they leave Elle’s house in Chapter 6? Why?
7. How does Abby describe Yara’s family in Chapter 1? Why did Yara not attend her Advice Meeting?
8. Where is Abby when she awakens in Chapter 15? What does she overhear around her?
9. What sports game is Abby playing in the beginning of Chapter 1? What leads Abby to believe she’s about to die in this chapter?
10. What ailment does Abby begin suffering from during her journey with Memphis in Chapter 19? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characters of Peter and Lana in the story. How do Peter and Lana respond to Abby’s arrival at the colony? How do these characters compare to Abby’s own parents?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the character of Jewels in the novel. What kind of creature is Jewels? What is Jewels’s relationship like with Kaden? How does Abby feel about Jewels?
Essay Topic 3
Romance in Glitch (Lost in Time)
a. Discuss the differences and similarities between male and female sexuality in the novel. How does Memphis view women? Do his views change in the course of the novel?
b. How are the characters of Abby and Elle alike? How do they differ? Are their views on romance similar or different?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)