|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does “DOD” stand for in the narrative?
(a) Date of Determination.
(b) Depth of Decibels.
(c) Date of Death.
(d) Date of Dread.
2. When Abby first looks at her DOD watch during the ball game in Chapter 1, how many years does it say she has left to live?
3. What does “EA” stand for in the novel?
(a) The Elected Agency.
(b) The Educational Authority.
(c) The Entertainment Authority.
(d) The Executive Assembly.
4. When the Brighton eighteen-year-olds go for their Advice Meeting, they meet an older version of themselves. How old is the Complement that attends this Advice Meeting?
5. What does Elle hand to Abby at the park to cover her DOD with in Chapter 6?
(a) A baseball mitt.
(b) A wool glove.
(c) Aluminum foil.
(d) A muff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abby’s father?
2. What excuse does Elle give to Landon for why she and Abby were by the wall in Chapter 9?
3. What is Abby’s best friend’s name in the novel?
4. Where does Abby hide when Landon comes home in Chapter 7?
5. Whose parents are described in Chapter 1 as being part of the Emancipated Society?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)