|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, according to Moss, do these awful leads put their names in for information?
2. What is Graff offering in addition to money for the premium leads?
3. How much does Moss eventually reveal Graff would pay for each of the leads?
4. Which of the following is another office that Levene in which mentions having worked?
5. What adjective does Moss use to describe the sales contest's inclusion of firing the lowest seller?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roma trying to tell Lingk about opportunities in life?
2. How does Williamson describe his primary duties as office manager?
3. Describe the setting of the second act.
4. What happened to the last deal Levene closed?
5. What does Moss have to say about Indians?
6. What is the reality of Levene's big sale, according to Williamson?
7. What is Moss's alibi for the police?
8. How does the deal between Levene and Williamson fall apart?
9. What big news does Levene have when he enters in Act 2?
10. What betrayal does Ricky Roma pull at the end of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the character of George Aaronow. How does he fit into the framework of the real estate office? What is the first impression that the audience has of this character? Does he betray anyone in the play, and does this make him a better person? Does that fact that he has not been fired or arrested by the end of the play signify a sort of ironic justice?
Essay Topic 2
The robbery is a major driver of plot in the play. Every character is either a part of the plot, affected by it, or both. Write an essay examining the relationship of three characters to the plot. Why do they becomes a part of it? What is their attitude toward its aims? How does their participation in it affect them, and what consequences do they face as a result?
Part 1) Dave Moss
Part 2) George Aaronow
Part 3) Shelly Levene
Essay Topic 3
John Williamson is the focal point of rage in the play. He is the company man, the outsider whose neck is not on the line. Examine three instances in the play in which salesmen lash out at him. Why are they angry at him? Is he truly at fault for their failure? How does he respond?
Part 1) Aaronow's outburst during his interrogation
Part 2) Roma's tirade after Williamson blow his sale
Part 3) Levene's lecture after Roma's outburst
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)