|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Roma, what will Lingk regret when he dies?
(a) All the hours he worked
(c) Everytime he cheated
(d) Things he didn't do
2. Who does Baylen call into his office while Lingk is in the office?
3. What is the second human reaction to life's uncertainty that Roma lists in Scene 3?
(a) Duck and cover
(b) God protect me
(c) Fuck it
(d) Bring it on
4. Why, according to Roma, will the cops not find the robber?
(a) They are too late
(b) They don't know what to look for
(c) The robber is probably out of the state
(d) They are stupid
5. To which state does Moss announce he is going before exiting the office in Act 2?
(a) New York
6. What is the name of the units that Levene closes on?
(a) River Glen
(b) Mountain View
(c) Glengarry Highlands
(d) Clear Meadows
7. Who reenters the office in the last moment of the play?
8. What type of drink is Lingk drinking?
(b) GIn and Tonic
9. Which of the following is not something Roma lists as something he remembers from the best sex of his life?
(a) The woman's arm on his neck
(b) Removing the woman's dress
(c) A noise the woman made
(d) The woman's eyes
10. Which of the following is not an example of a catastrophe that Roma lists as he discusses humanity's fear of loss?
(a) A bank closing
(b) A house fire
(c) A nuclear war
(d) A plane crash
11. What does Williamson repeatedly assure Roma that the thieves did not steal?
(a) The contact sheets
(b) His leads
(c) The commission checks
(d) His contracts
12. Which character does not appear onstage in Act 1?
(a) Every character appears in Act 1
13. What does Roma say is the only measure of wealth a person can amass?
(a) The value of the country
(b) Human greed
(c) The will of a higher power
(d) That person's ambition
14. What does Roma suggest people do to feel secure?
(a) Turn to God
(b) Get married
(c) Accrue wealth
(d) Have lots of sex
15. What is the cue Roma asks Levene to give him when Lingk arrives at the office?
(c) St. Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Levene say is Williamson's job?
2. Over what period of time does all of Act 1 take place?
3. What type of coffee does the woman bring Roma the morning after the best sex he ever had?
4. In Roma's extended monologue in Scene 3, what befuddles people?
5. To what does Roma compare the spectrum of human events?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)