|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Roma, what are the chances that any of the catastrophes he names will befall a person?
(a) One in ten
(b) One in a billion
(c) One in a million
(d) One in a thousand
2. When did Levene close the sale?
(a) Late afternoon yesterday
(b) That morning
(c) Last night
(d) Before lunch yesterday
3. What is the name of the units that Levene closes on?
(a) Mountain View
(b) River Glen
(c) Glengarry Highlands
(d) Clear Meadows
4. What is the first human act about which Roma asks Lingk?
5. Who will take care of re-closing the contracts that were stolen in the robbery?
(c) The closing salesman
6. What order does Williamson frantically give the desperate Aaronow after his interrogation?
(a) Take a personal day
(b) Call your leads
(c) Go to lunch
(d) Pack your desk
7. According to Roma, what will Lingk regret when he dies?
(a) Everytime he cheated
(b) Things he didn't do
(c) All the hours he worked
8. Which of the following is not an example of a catastrophe that Roma lists as he discusses humanity's fear of loss?
(a) A bank closing
(b) A nuclear war
(c) A house fire
(d) A plane crash
9. Which character appears in more than one scene in Act 1?
(d) No character appears in more than one scene
10. In Roma's list of hypothetical events near the end of Scene 3, who wins the lottery?
(a) A mother of four
(b) A millionaire
(c) A cab driver
(d) A busboy
11. What alias does Roma give Levene to deceive Lingk?
12. Who does Baylen call into his office while Lingk is in the office?
13. According to Roma in Scene 3, everyone is what?
(b) A sinner
(d) A king
14. In Roma's list of hypothetical events near the end of Scene 3, what has just happened to the man who is run over by a cab?
(a) He has gotten married
(b) He has found God
(c) He has robbed a store
(d) He has one the lottery
15. How long has Williamson know the Nyborgs are a bad lead?
(a) He did not know
(b) 2 weeks
(c) Since Leven closed the sale
(d) 4 months
Short Answer Questions
1. In Roma's extended monologue in Scene 3, what befuddles people?
2. Over what period of time does all of Act 1 take place?
3. How many days has Lingk been told he has to cancel the sale?
4. Where does the third scene take place?
5. In Scene 3, Roma lists different reactions people have to uncertainty in life. What is the first human reaction?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)