|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Levene close the sale?
(a) That morning
(b) Late afternoon yesterday
(c) Before lunch yesterday
(d) Last night
2. What information does Levene reveal he knows about Williamson after Roma goes to his interview?
(a) Williamson didn't send Roma's contract to the bank
(b) Williamson stole the leads for Moss
(c) Williamson is getting fired
(d) Williamson has never done a sit
3. According to Roma, what are the chances that any of the catastrophes he names will befall a person?
(a) One in a million
(b) One in ten
(c) One in a billion
(d) One in a thousand
4. What is Baylen's profession?
(a) A police detective
(b) A lawyer
(c) A salesman
(d) A bartender
5. What order does Williamson frantically give the desperate Aaronow after his interrogation?
(a) Call your leads
(b) Pack your desk
(c) Go to lunch
(d) Take a personal day
6. According to Roma in Scene 3, everyone is what?
(b) A king
(c) A sinner
7. What does Williamson repeatedly assure Roma that the thieves did not steal?
(a) His leads
(b) The contact sheets
(c) His contracts
(d) The commission checks
8. Which of the following is not something Roma suggests property might represent?
9. What is the first human act about which Roma asks Lingk?
10. Who has the last line of Act 1?
11. Why, according to Roma, should Moss be unconcerned about the robbery?
(a) He want to quit anyway
(b) He has not closed a sale lately
(c) He didn't rob the place
(d) He wasn't getting the premium leads
12. According to Roma what is his greatest reserve against the uncertainties of life?
(a) Trust in himself
(b) Living without fear
(c) Financial security
(d) Knowing what he believes
13. Who does Baylen call into his office while Lingk is in the office?
14. How does Roma know the office was robbed before he enters?
(a) There is a board on the window
(b) He had a premonition
(c) A police cruiser is outside
(d) Aaronow confessed to him last night
15. In Roma's extended monologue in Scene 3, what befuddles people?
(a) Small-time dreams
(b) Middle-class morality
(d) Suburban ennui
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days has Lingk been told he has to cancel the sale?
2. Which of the following is not something Roma lists as something he remembers from the best sex of his life?
3. In Roma's list of hypothetical events near the end of Scene 3, what has just happened to the man who is run over by a cab?
4. What does Roma not believe happens to bad people?
5. What did the client serve Levene while he sold them on the land?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)