|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asked to be converted to Christianity before leaving to another province?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) Mr. Lu.
(c) Mrs. Ching.
(d) The mandarin.
2. From where did Gladys preach to the prisoners?
(a) Behind the prison gate.
(b) A tower.
(c) A mound built for her.
(d) A podium built for her.
3. Who kidnapped Lao Dah?
(a) The police.
(b) His own men.
(c) The Japanese army.
(d) The Chinese army.
4. Who ordered a boat for Gladys and the children?
(a) A military man.
(b) A mandarin.
(c) A missionary.
(d) Madame Chiang.
5. Whom did Lao Dah lead?
(c) Chinse soldiers.
(d) Japanese soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the college students sticking pins into?
2. Where was Madame Chiang's orphanage located?
3. Who asked Mr. Shan if he was miserable?
4. Who did Gladys say visited her in the Methodist church?
5. What did the previous missionary give to the lamas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why had Mr. Lu not returned to the mule inn?
2. How did Gladys get a stethoscope for Chu En?
3. Should Gladys have touched Mr. Shan on the shoulder?
4. Did Lao Dah truly change?
5. Why did Gladys write to Madame Chiang in Chapter 10?
6. Why did Gladys end up in a hospital in Chapter 11?
7. Were the lamas surprised by the visit of Gladys and Dr. Huang?
8. What difficulties did Gladys face on the journey to Madame Chiang's?
9. What difficulty did Gladys face in leaving China for England?
10. Why were a group of college students placing pins on a map of northwest China?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)