|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the previous missionary give to the lamas?
(a) A tract.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A radio.
(d) A picture.
2. What was blamed for anti-government sentiment?
(a) The Communists.
(d) The war.
3. What showed Gladys that the country of her birth had lost its way spiritually?
(a) A book.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A letter.
(d) A newspaper.
4. In what position was Gladys able to travel to villages during the war?
(a) English citizen.
5. At a prayer meeting, Gladys heard a young man declare that which country needed salvation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gladys and the children need to cross in order to get to Free China?
2. Why were Gladys and the children forced to get off the train and walk through the mountains?
3. Who made all the university students take a questionnaire?
4. Gladys believed she was told that the Lord would bless the church in how many days?
5. Where was Madame Chiang's orphanage located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Were the Christian Chinese students who were gathered into a town square courageous?
2. What difficulty did Gladys face in leaving China for England?
3. What prompted Gladys to return to England?
4. Why had Mr. Lu not returned to the mule inn?
5. Was Gladys wise to flee with the Chinese army in Chapter 10?
6. Should Gladys have touched Mr. Shan on the shoulder?
7. Did Gladys have immediate success at the prison?
8. What happened to the Methodist church where Gladys took a position after the war?
9. Why did Gladys write to Madame Chiang in Chapter 10?
10. Why did the Communists blame Christianity for the anti-government feelings among the students?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)