|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the previous missionary give to the lamas?
(a) A picture.
(b) A radio.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A tract.
2. What was blamed for anti-government sentiment?
(b) The Communists.
(d) The war.
3. Who was praying for the villages in northwest China?
(a) Mrs. Ching.
(b) Mr. Lu.
(c) A group of college students.
(d) Mr. Shan.
4. After being bombed, the mule inn was used for which task?
(a) Radio correspondence.
(c) Housing livestock.
(d) Tending the wounded.
5. Gladys believed she was told that the Lord would bless the church in how many days?
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gladys considered by the Japanese?
2. What showed Gladys that the country of her birth had lost its way spiritually?
3. Why was Gladys ashamed after touching Mr. Shan?
4. What did Gladys contract after delivering the children to Madame Chiang's?
5. Which of the following was detained and imprisoned by the Japanese?
Short Essay Questions
1. What difficulty did Gladys face in leaving China for England?
2. Why were a group of college students placing pins on a map of northwest China?
3. Why were Dr. Huang and Gladys singing in Chapter 13?
4. Was Gladys wise to flee with the Chinese army in Chapter 10?
5. Were the Christian Chinese students who were gathered into a town square courageous?
6. What prompted Gladys to return to England?
7. Why had Mr. Lu not returned to the mule inn?
8. What did Chu En do in Yangcheng?
9. How was Gladys' journey with the children across the mountains similar to her earlier journey to China?
10. Who were Gladys' unlikely companions during her time at the prison, and how did they support her?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)