|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did Gladys take Mrs. Ching and her children?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A ship.
(d) Her inn.
2. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
3. For what was Gladys arrested while in Chita?
4. On the train, what did a Christian couple give to Gladys as a gift?
(a) An English pound.
(b) A book.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A map of China.
5. Who delivered a last-minute sermon at Gladys' convention?
(a) Mrs. Ching.
(b) Mrs. Lawson.
(c) Dr. Fisher.
(d) Jonathan Wen.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of Gladys' work, what began appearing in the small villages?
2. Where did Mrs. Ching expect Gladys was taking her?
3. What popular and ancient custom had been outlawed by government decree?
4. Why did Gladys want to go to China?
5. What about Mrs. Lawson and Gladys amazed the Chinese?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Gladys' mission work in England, before she left for China.
2. Do you think Gladys was right in being nervous about the interpreter in Vladivostok?
3. In Chapter 3, why did Gladys decide to trust the young woman in Vladivostok and follow the old man?
4. How did Gladys show courage in her journey through Russia on the way to China in Chapter 2?
5. Did Gladys want to buy Ninepence at first?
6. Did Gladys leave China during the Chinese-Japanese War?
7. Did Gladys receive strong encouragement to become a missionary in China? Explain.
8. Why did Mrs. Ching not cooperate with Gladys when they first met?
9. Was the British consulate official in Japan right in scolding Gladys?
10. In Chapter 3, how did Gladys manage to get on a ship for Japan?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)