|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered a last-minute sermon at Gladys' convention?
(a) Dr. Fisher.
(b) Jonathan Wen.
(c) Mrs. Ching.
(d) Mrs. Lawson.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, to which town was Gladys directed?
3. Who did Mrs. Ching fear?
(a) The mandarin.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) Her master.
4. Where was Gladys told to sleep after arriving at Mrs. Lawson's?
(a) In the guest bedroom.
(b) Anywhere she wanted.
(c) In the kitchen.
5. While on the train, Gladys discovered that which two countries were fighting?
(a) Russia and China.
(b) China and Japan.
(c) Russia and Japan.
(d) Russia and Norway.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined Gladys in her mission work?
2. Who traveled the province with Gladys as she inspected?
3. After Gladys accumulated many children, what did she no longer feel?
4. Who scolded Gladys for her recklessness?
5. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, why did Gladys decide to trust the young woman in Vladivostok and follow the old man?
2. What comforted Gladys while she was being kept in Chita?
3. In Chapter 3, how did Gladys manage to get on a ship for Japan?
4. Describe Gladys' arrival in China.
5. Did Gladys receive strong encouragement to become a missionary in China? Explain.
6. How did Gladys show courage in her journey through Russia on the way to China in Chapter 2?
7. How did Mrs. Lawson's death leave Gladys?
8. Did Gladys exceed the low expectations that the mission society committee in England had for her?
9. In Chapter 6, why did the woman not care if the child was out in the sun?
10. Did Gladys leave China during the Chinese-Japanese War?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)