|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gladys' occupation as listed on her passport was changed from "missionary" to what?
2. In which month did Gladys arrive in China?
3. Where was Gladys told to sleep after arriving at Mrs. Lawson's?
(b) Anywhere she wanted.
(c) In the guest bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What did Gladys hear that caused her to exit the train?
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A train whistle.
5. How long did it take Gladys to earn her fare to China?
(a) Two years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
2. Who delivered a last-minute sermon at Gladys' convention?
3. Into what did Mrs. Lawson and Gladys transform their home?
4. While on the train, Gladys discovered that which two countries were fighting?
5. Who seemed to answer Gladys' complaint?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gladys respond to the mandarin's request that she be a foot inspector?
2. Was the British consulate official in Japan right in scolding Gladys?
3. Was Gladys'convention ruined by the guest speaker failing to arrive?
4. Describe Gladys' arrival in China.
5. How was Gladys received by Mrs. Lawson?
6. Describe the difficulties that Gladys faced on her journey through Russia, in Chapter 2.
7. According to Gladys, did God answer her complaint of loneliness?
8. What comforted Gladys while she was being kept in Chita?
9. In Chapter 8, what did the mandarin and Gladys disagree about?
10. Did Gladys receive strong encouragement to become a missionary in China? Explain.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)