|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gladys decided to travel to where in China?
2. Approximately how much did a fare to China cost?
(a) Sixty-nine pounds.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Twenty-two pounds.
(d) Forty-seven pounds.
3. What hindered the train conductor from communicating with Gladys?
(a) Gladys was sleeping.
(b) The conductor refused to speak to a woman
(c) The conductor did not speak English.
(d) The conductor forgot that she was on the train.
4. To where did Gladys take Mrs. Ching and her children?
(a) Her inn.
(b) A ship.
(c) A hospital.
5. What about Mrs. Lawson and Gladys amazed the Chinese?
(a) Their tall stature.
(b) Their large feet.
(c) Their blond hair.
(d) Their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Gladys introduce Mrs. Ching?
2. Where did Mrs. Lawson preach?
3. What did Gladys tell the woman who was holding a child?
4. What was Gladys asked to travel the province inspecting?
5. Why did Gladys first refuse to buy the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapters 5 and 6, how did Gladys use the opportunities that came her way to spread her message?
2. Did Gladys receive strong encouragement to become a missionary in China? Explain.
3. How did Gladys respond to the mandarin's request that she be a foot inspector?
4. Describe Gladys' arrival in China.
5. Describe Gladys' mission work in England, before she left for China.
6. What step finalized Gladys' immersion into China?
7. Why did Mrs. Ching not cooperate with Gladys when they first met?
8. How was Gladys received by Mrs. Lawson?
9. According to Gladys, did God answer her complaint of loneliness?
10. Describe the difficulties that Gladys faced on her journey through Russia, in Chapter 2.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)