|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Gladys first find in Vladivostok?
(a) An old man.
(b) A Russian claiming to be an interpreter.
(c) A young woman.
(d) Mrs. Lawson.
2. In Chapter 8, what did the mandarin fail to see when speaking to Gladys?
(a) The evils of human slave trade.
(b) The impending war.
(c) The need for foot-binding to end.
(d) How Christianity could change China.
3. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
(a) They did not permit women to travel to China alone.
(b) They had insufficient funding.
(c) They decided that the Chinese language would be too difficult for her to learn.
(d) They decided that she was too young.
4. To whom did Gladys introduce Mrs. Ching?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) Mrs. Lawson.
(c) The mandarin.
(d) The emperor.
5. In which country was Gladys' train attacked?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was given the job of grabbing the lead mules from the mule trail?
2. With what did Gladys buy her first child?
3. After questioning Gladys, what did the officials in Chita do with her?
4. Where was Gladys when she first realized that God had a claim on her life?
5. What did Gladys apply for in 1936?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)