|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the missionary couple for whom Gladys worked in England?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Fisher.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Hudson Taylor.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jones.
(d) Rev. and Mrs. White.
2. Where did Gladys first read about China?
(a) School book.
(b) Sunday school tract.
(c) Lives of the Saints.
(d) Young Life Campaign magazine.
3. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
(a) Banish her.
(b) Laugh at her.
(c) Imprison her.
(d) Cut off her head.
4. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) Dr. Fisher.
(c) Mrs. Townsend.
(d) Mr. Shen.
5. Who owned the children in Mrs. Ching's house?
(a) The children's father.
(b) The children's master.
(c) Mrs. Ching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular and ancient custom had been outlawed by government decree?
2. Who took Gladys' passport from her in Vladivostok?
3. Why was the woman in Chapter 6 holding a child?
4. Why did Gladys first refuse to buy the child?
5. Where was Gladys told to sleep after arriving at Mrs. Lawson's?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)