|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Gladys' passport from her in Vladivostok?
(a) Japanese sailors.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) A Russian interpreter.
(d) A young woman.
2. Why did Mrs. Lawson tell Gladys not to undress for bed?
(a) Because there was nowhere to change.
(b) So that her possessions would not be stolen.
(c) Because she might be needed in the middle of the night.
(d) Because of the cold temperature.
3. In Chapter 5, from which government official did Gladys receive a visit?
(a) The general.
(b) The emperor.
(c) The mandarin.
(d) The king.
4. What did Gladys apply for in 1936?
(b) A teaching position.
(d) Chinese citizenship.
5. Why did Gladys first refuse to buy the child?
(a) She could not care for a child.
(b) She had no money.
(c) The child was attached to her mother.
(d) She did not like children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Gladys asked to travel the province inspecting?
2. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
3. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
4. What was Gladys' Chinese name?
5. Gladys cared for wounded during which war?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)