|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Lawson greet Gladys without emotion?
(a) She was becoming senile with age.
(b) That was her nature.
(c) That was the Chinese custom.
(d) She was disappointed when she saw Gladys.
2. What did Gladys complain about in Chapter 6?
3. After arriving in Japan, to whom was Gladys handed?
(a) A Japanese official.
(b) The British Consulate.
(c) A ship sailing to China.
(d) A missionary organization.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, to which town was Gladys directed?
5. What did Gladys' Chinese name mean?
(a) Small woman.
(b) Little woman.
(c) Story teller.
(d) Virtuous woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, from which government official did Gladys receive a visit?
2. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
3. Where did Gladys take the baby she bought?
4. While on the train, Gladys discovered that which two countries were fighting?
5. Why did Mrs. Lawson tell Gladys not to undress for bed?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)