|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After several years in China, Gladys felt like a member of what?
(a) The saints who went before her.
(b) The missionaries.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The Chinese.
2. What did Gladys hear that caused her to exit the train?
(b) A train whistle.
(c) An avalanche.
3. What hindered the train conductor from communicating with Gladys?
(a) Gladys was sleeping.
(b) The conductor did not speak English.
(c) The conductor forgot that she was on the train.
(d) The conductor refused to speak to a woman
4. Into what did Mrs. Lawson and Gladys transform their home?
(a) A store.
(b) A church.
(c) A school.
(d) An inn.
5. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
(a) They decided that she was too young.
(b) They had insufficient funding.
(c) They did not permit women to travel to China alone.
(d) They decided that the Chinese language would be too difficult for her to learn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What popular and ancient custom had been outlawed by government decree?
2. How long did it take Gladys to earn her fare to China?
3. Why was the woman in Chapter 6 holding a child?
4. Gladys' occupation as listed on her passport was changed from "missionary" to what?
5. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)