|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
(a) They decided that the Chinese language would be too difficult for her to learn.
(b) They did not permit women to travel to China alone.
(c) They decided that she was too young.
(d) They had insufficient funding.
2. What was the name of the missionary couple for whom Gladys worked in England?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Jones.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Hudson Taylor.
(c) Rev. and Mrs. White.
(d) Dr. and Mrs. Fisher.
3. For what was Gladys arrested while in Chita?
4. How did Gladys free herself from the Russian soldiers who captured her on the gangway?
(a) She bribed them with her fur coat.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She called for help.
(d) She bribed them with an English pound.
5. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(c) Old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Gladys first read about China?
2. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
3. Who did Gladys first find in Vladivostok?
4. What did Gladys receive as gifts from her family and friends before leaving?
5. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)