|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the train, what did a Christian couple give to Gladys as a gift?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) An English pound.
(c) A map of China.
(d) A book.
2. How did Mr. Shan interpret Gladys' touch?
(a) She was angry at him for murdering.
(b) She was mocking him.
(c) She loved him even though he was a murderer.
(d) She was being forward.
3. The Chinese general told Gladys about an orphanage run by whom?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) The mandarin.
(c) The Chinese government.
(d) Lao Dah.
4. Where did Mrs. Ching expect Gladys was taking her?
(c) Her master's.
(d) The mandarin's.
5. What did Gladys hear that caused her to exit the train?
(a) A train whistle.
(c) An avalanche.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where did Gladys take Mrs. Ching and her children?
2. Why was the woman in Chapter 6 holding a child?
3. What was Gladys asked to travel the province inspecting?
4. After Mrs. Lawson died, who was charged with carrying on her work?
5. How many children did Gladys take through the mountains to Madame Chiang's?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)