|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which biblical character did Gladys most closely relate?
2. Into what did Mrs. Lawson and Gladys transform their home?
(a) A store.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) An inn.
3. Who seemed to answer Gladys' complaint?
(b) A friend.
(c) An English mission society.
(d) The mandarin.
4. Who ordered a boat for Gladys and the children?
(a) Madame Chiang.
(b) A military man.
(c) A mandarin.
(d) A missionary.
5. Why did Mrs. Lawson greet Gladys without emotion?
(a) That was her nature.
(b) She was disappointed when she saw Gladys.
(c) She was becoming senile with age.
(d) That was the Chinese custom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of reputation did the town have in which Gladys met Mrs. Ching?
2. Who told Gladys that a lama had met another missionary a few years earlier?
3. How long did Lao Dah stay with Gladys after his return?
4. Where did Gladys find the note, "Be ye not afraid of them--I am your God"?
5. The questionnaires given to the university students evaluated what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)