|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What popular and ancient custom had been outlawed by government decree?
(b) Praying to Buddha.
(c) Taking of opium.
(d) Foot-binding of females.
2. Gladys used her inspections to talk about whom?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) The mandarin.
(d) The emperor.
3. Where did Gladys stay in Kobe, Japan?
(a) Missionary hall.
(d) Jail cell.
4. What was the name of the missionary couple for whom Gladys worked in England?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Fisher.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Hudson Taylor.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Jones.
(d) Rev. and Mrs. White.
5. How did Gladys free herself from the Russian soldiers who captured her on the gangway?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She called for help.
(c) She bribed them with an English pound.
(d) She bribed them with her fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
2. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
3. On the train, what did a Christian couple give to Gladys as a gift?
4. After Gladys left Chita, what did she decide to do?
5. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)