|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Gladys' passport from her in Vladivostok?
(a) Japanese sailors.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) A Russian interpreter.
(d) A young woman.
2. After Mrs. Lawson died, who was charged with carrying on her work?
(a) Mrs. Lawson's daughter.
(c) Mr. Lu.
(d) The cook.
3. When did Mrs. Lawson die?
(a) After Mrs. Lawson returned to England.
(b) Ten years after Gladys arrived.
(c) Before Gladys arrived.
(d) About a year after Gladys arrived.
4. What was Gladys' Chinese name?
(a) Chen Shu.
(d) Wen Ching.
5. Gladys was told that the visiting government official might do what if she bowed to him incorrectly?
(a) Cut off her head.
(b) Laugh at her.
(c) Banish her.
(d) Imprison her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Lawson greet Gladys without emotion?
2. What ceased when Mrs. Lawson died?
3. What about Mrs. Lawson and Gladys amazed the Chinese?
4. From what did Mrs. Lawson die?
5. Who took Gladys to Yangcheng?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)