|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
(a) Mrs. Townsend.
(b) Dr. Fisher.
(c) Mr. Shen.
(d) Mrs. Lawson.
2. What did Gladys tell the woman who was holding a child?
(a) The child was too heavy to be carried.
(b) She could give the child medicine.
(c) The child should be taught to read.
(d) The child should not be in the blazing sun.
3. Where was Gladys when she first realized that God had a claim on her life?
(c) Religious meeting.
(d) Sunday school.
4. When did Mrs. Lawson die?
(a) Before Gladys arrived.
(b) After Mrs. Lawson returned to England.
(c) Ten years after Gladys arrived.
(d) About a year after Gladys arrived.
5. Why did Gladys want to go to China?
(a) Because her brother was going as a missionary.
(b) Because millions in China had never heard of Jesus Christ.
(c) Because a Chinese missionary encouraged her to go.
(d) Because the Chinese culture fascinated her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Gladys follow to the pier in Vladivostok?
2. Why was Mrs. Lawson's rent low?
3. What did Gladys hear that caused her to exit the train?
4. Why did the mission society committee decide not to send Gladys to China?
5. How did Gladys first prepare herself for China?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)