|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 10, how many orphans had Gladys taken in?
(d) A hundred.
2. Where did Gladys find the note, "Be ye not afraid of them--I am your God"?
(a) Under the train seat.
(b) The walls of her jail cell.
(c) A British pound note.
(d) Her Bible.
3. What did Gladys apply for in 1936?
(b) Chinese citizenship.
(d) A teaching position.
4. When did Mrs. Lawson die?
(a) Ten years after Gladys arrived.
(b) After Mrs. Lawson returned to England.
(c) Before Gladys arrived.
(d) About a year after Gladys arrived.
5. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
(a) Vigilancy and murder.
(b) Foot-binding and illiteracy.
(c) Foot-binding and the taking of opium.
(d) Vigilancy and the taking of opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which biblical character did Gladys most closely relate?
2. Who joined Gladys in her mission work?
3. On her journey to China, in which European city did Gladys spend the night with another young woman?
4. To whom did Gladys introduce Mrs. Ching?
5. After arriving in Japan, to whom was Gladys handed?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)