|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take Gladys to earn her fare to China?
(a) Three years.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Four years.
2. In Chapter 8, what did the mandarin fail to see when speaking to Gladys?
(a) The impending war.
(b) How Christianity could change China.
(c) The need for foot-binding to end.
(d) The evils of human slave trade.
3. Who was given the job of grabbing the lead mules from the mule trail?
(a) Mr. Lu.
(c) Mrs. Lawson.
(d) The cook.
4. Which old missionary did Gladys expect to see upon arriving in China?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) Dr. Fisher.
(c) Mrs. Townsend.
(d) Mr. Shen.
5. What did Gladys' Chinese name mean?
(a) Little woman.
(b) Story teller.
(c) Small woman.
(d) Virtuous woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gladys said that China's need for the love of Jesus Christ could be seen in what?
2. As a result of Gladys' work, what began appearing in the small villages?
3. Who said, "Christians do not retreat"?
4. When did Mrs. Lawson die?
5. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)