|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Gladys tend the wounded soldiers?
(b) The battlefield.
(c) Her inn.
(d) The hospital.
2. As a result of Gladys' work, what began appearing in the small villages?
(a) Small Christian congregations.
(b) Buddhist temples.
3. Who owned the children in Mrs. Ching's house?
(a) Mrs. Ching.
(b) The children's master.
(d) The children's father.
4. Who scolded Gladys for her recklessness?
(a) Mrs. Lawson.
(b) Russian soldiers.
(c) Japanese captain.
(d) British Consulate official.
5. As the years passed, what two customs began ceasing in the Chinese region where Gladys traveled?
(a) Foot-binding and the taking of opium.
(b) Foot-binding and illiteracy.
(c) Vigilancy and murder.
(d) Vigilancy and the taking of opium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the missionary couple for whom Gladys worked in England?
2. How did Gladys first prepare herself for China?
3. After being bombed, the mule inn was used for which task?
4. What did Gladys tell the woman who was holding a child?
5. By Chapter 10, how many orphans had Gladys taken in?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)