Chapters 1 and 2
• Gladys became a Christian.
• Gladys made the staggering discovery that many in China had never heard of Christ.
• Although rejected by a missionary society, Gladys saved money to go to China by working as a parlor maid.
• In less than a year, Gladys saved enough money for a train fare to China
• Gladys left for China with no money and meager possessions.
• In Russia, Gladys's train was attacked by Japanese.
• Gladys left the train and walked to a nearby town.
• Gladys was arrested for vagrancy.
• The town officials put Gladys on another train for China.
Chapters 3 and 4
• A man in Vladivostok claimed to be a tourism official but intended to exploit Gladys.
• Gladys fended off the advances of the man and got on a ship for Japan.
• Gladys bribed Russian soldiers who had captured her.
• Gladys sailed to Japan and then China.
• Mr. Lu brought Gladys...
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)