|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves an answering machine message for Carmen in Chapter 17?
2. What does going to the restaurant in Chapter 20 make Valia say?
3. Why do the girls exchange gifts at the beach house?
4. What does Lena do when she finishes drawing Valia?
5. In Chapter 18 when Effie refers to "them", who does she mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
2. What happens after Lena draws her father?
3. What happens when Carmen is pulled over in Chapter 24?
4. What happens when Lena draws Paul?
5. Why does Bridget wear the Traveling Pants in Chapter 28?
6. In Chapter 28, what does Eric reveal to Bridget?
7. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
8. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
9. What does Carmen do to find David in Chapter 22?
10. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)