|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lena do when she finishes drawing Valia?
2. How does Lena draw herself?
3. In Chapter 24, what is Tibby wearing?
4. What does Valia want to take with her to Greece?
5. What does Lena's father say he realizes about her in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
2. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
3. What happens when Lena draws Paul?
4. What do Lena and Carmen discuss at Starbucks in Chapter 19?
5. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
6. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
7. Why does Carmen talk to Lena's mother in Chapter 20?
8. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
9. In Chapter 21, what does Tibby realize when she stares out her window at the apple tree?
10. What happens when Carmen is pulled over in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What makes the beach house an important place in this novel? What happens there? How does it work to wrap up each of the girls' plot lines and send them off into the future?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is the strongest theme of this novel. How is friendship explored, developed and commented on in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)