|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Bridget give at the beach house?
2. Who does Bridget send flowers and balloons to?
3. In Chapter 29, what do Bridget and Eric agree on?
4. Who is Irene?
5. In Chapter 20, where does Carmen feel Valia needs to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what does Eric reveal to Bridget?
2. Why does Carmen talk to Lena's mother in Chapter 20?
3. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
4. Why is Carmen uncomfortable running into Win at the hospital in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
6. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
7. How does Tibby convince Christina to deliver the baby?
8. Summarize the final game between Bridget and Eric's soccer teams.
9. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
10. Why does Carmen take Valia to a restaurant in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)