|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of jewelry does Paul wear in Chapter 19?
2. Why can't Carmen's father borrow her phone charger?
3. What does Tibby feel makes the future real?
4. What is Carmen's big announcement in Chapter 27?
5. What does Lena see in herself as she draws?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
2. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
3. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
4. What happens when Carmen is pulled over in Chapter 24?
5. What happens the night Tibby can't sleep at the beach house?
6. What do Lena and Carmen discuss at Starbucks in Chapter 19?
7. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
8. Summarize the final game between Bridget and Eric's soccer teams.
9. What happens after Lena draws her father?
10. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Tibby's job at the movie theater both stalls her progress as a character and helps her to grow as a character.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)