|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carmen's mother at the hospital in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 21, how high is Bridget's fever?
3. Why isn't Christina ready to deliver in Chapter 23?
4. What happens to Tibby after she climbs down the tree in Chapter 21?
5. Who is Irene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
2. Why is Effie so uneasy when Lena draws her?
3. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
4. What does Carmen do to find David in Chapter 22?
5. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
6. What do Lena and Carmen discuss at Starbucks in Chapter 19?
7. What is clever about Lena's gift to her friends?
8. Why does Carmen take Valia to a restaurant in Chapter 20?
9. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
10. What happens when Carmen is pulled over in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Lena's drawings of her family. What was revealed in each drawing? How did her drawings help her to grow as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Carmen's family and their dynamics. How do the complexities of Carmen's family impact her as a character?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)