|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Effie admit to Lena?
2. Why do the girls exchange gifts at the beach house?
3. In this chapter, what happens between Carmen and Win?
4. What does Lena see in herself as she draws?
5. Why can't Carmen's father borrow her phone charger?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
2. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
3. Why is Carmen uncomfortable running into Win at the hospital in Chapter 18?
4. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
5. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
6. How does Tibby convince Christina to deliver the baby?
7. Why does Bridget wear the Traveling Pants in Chapter 28?
8. How does Tibby end up sitting with Christina during her labor?
9. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
10. What does Carmen do to find David in Chapter 22?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Tibby's sister's accident impact Tibby throughout the novel? What do the tree and helmet represent? How does the accident help Tibby to grow or not grow?
Essay Topic 3
On the final day at the beach house, the girls exchange presents. Describe the presents and what they represent. How is each present a reflection of the giver?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)