|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Lena give at the beach house?
2. In Chapter 25, where does Tibby leave a note for Carmen?
3. Why does Christina finally agree to give birth?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Effie admit to Lena?
5. What does Valia want to take with her to Greece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is clever about Lena's gift to her friends?
2. What does Carmen do to find David in Chapter 22?
3. Why does Carmen take Valia to a restaurant in Chapter 20?
4. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
5. Describe Carmen's gift to her friends.
6. What happens after Lena draws her father?
7. In Chapter 21, what does Tibby realize when she stares out her window at the apple tree?
8. In Chapter 28, what does Eric reveal to Bridget?
9. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
10. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
Essay Topic 2
Describe Lena's drawings of her family. What was revealed in each drawing? How did her drawings help her to grow as a character?
Essay Topic 3
What does Annik's wheelchair represent? How does Lena learn from the wheelchair?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)