|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, why does Bridget say she is disappointed with Eric?
2. What does Christina name the baby?
3. What is Carmen's big announcement in Chapter 27?
4. Who does Bridget send flowers and balloons to?
5. In Chapter 20, what illness does Bridget suspect she has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lena draws Paul?
2. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
3. Why does Carmen talk to Lena's mother in Chapter 20?
4. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
5. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
6. What is clever about Lena's gift to her friends?
7. In Chapter 29, what happens between Bridget and Eric?
8. What does Bridget feel when she wakes up in Eric's cabin in Chapter 21?
9. What do Lena and Carmen discuss at Starbucks in Chapter 19?
10. In Chapter 21, what does Tibby realize when she stares out her window at the apple tree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
Essay Topic 2
What does Carmen fear in this novel? How does she overcome her fears and what does this mean to her as a character?
Essay Topic 3
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)