|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Bridget give at the beach house?
2. In Chapter 20, where does Carmen feel Valia needs to go?
3. How does Tibby feel when she sees Katherine's helmet?
4. In Chapter 22, why is Carmen's mother worried about her water breaking?
5. What do the girls think about at the beach house when they meet at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the night Tibby can't sleep at the beach house?
2. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
3. What happens because of the rain during Bridget's camping trip in Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
5. What do Lena and Carmen discuss at Starbucks in Chapter 19?
6. Why does Carmen take Valia to a restaurant in Chapter 20?
7. Why is Carmen uncomfortable running into Win at the hospital in Chapter 18?
8. What happens when Lena draws Paul?
9. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
10. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the college choices made by each girl. How do these choices prove problematic? How is the college decision resolved for each girl? What does college represent to these girls?
Essay Topic 3
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)