|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tibby help Christina handle the pain?
2. Why is Carmen's mother at the hospital in Chapter 18?
3. What happens when Carmen calls David in Chapter 22?
4. Who leaves an answering machine message for Carmen in Chapter 17?
5. In this chapter, how does Carmen explain her "bad" side to Win?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Carmen's gift to her friends.
2. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
3. What fears does Carmen overcome in Chapter 29?
4. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
5. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
6. What happens because of the rain during Bridget's camping trip in Chapter 17?
7. Why is Carmen uncomfortable running into Win at the hospital in Chapter 18?
8. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
9. Why does Carmen take Valia to a restaurant in Chapter 20?
10. What happens the night Tibby can't sleep at the beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the goals each girl has set for herself. Who met their goals and how? Who did not meet their goals? What does meeting one's goals vs. not meeting one's goals mean in this novel?
Essay Topic 2
How does Lena struggle with art school? How does she resolve this struggle? What message is the author conveying through Lena's experiences at art school?
Essay Topic 3
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)