|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 23, why is Tibby scolded in the hospital?
2. What happens when Bridget tries to call her friends in Chapter 26?
3. In the Epilogue, how will the pants continue to travel?
4. When Lena draws her father, what emotions does she end up seeing in him?
5. Who is Irene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lena and Carmen discuss at Starbucks in Chapter 19?
2. Why is Effie so uneasy when Lena draws her?
3. Why is Carmen uncomfortable running into Win at the hospital in Chapter 18?
4. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
5. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
6. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
7. What happens the night Tibby can't sleep at the beach house?
8. What happens after Lena draws her father?
9. In Chapter 28, what does Eric reveal to Bridget?
10. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Tibby's sister's accident impact Tibby throughout the novel? What do the tree and helmet represent? How does the accident help Tibby to grow or not grow?
Essay Topic 2
What makes the beach house an important place in this novel? What happens there? How does it work to wrap up each of the girls' plot lines and send them off into the future?
Essay Topic 3
How does Valia impact the girls in this novel? What role does she play in terms of their character development and plot movement?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)