|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what do Carmen and Valia drink with their meal?
2. Who leaves an answering machine message for Carmen in Chapter 17?
3. What type of restaurant do Carmen and Valia go to in Chapter 20?
4. In this chapter, how does Carmen explain her "bad" side to Win?
5. Why does Carmen think David's cell phone is dead in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
2. How does Tibby convince Christina to deliver the baby?
3. Summarize the final game between Bridget and Eric's soccer teams.
4. Describe Carmen's gift to her friends.
5. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
6. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
7. What happens when Carmen is pulled over in Chapter 24?
8. How does Tibby end up sitting with Christina during her labor?
9. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
10. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bridget's relationship with Eric. How does this relationship motivate and define Bridget?
Essay Topic 2
How does Valia impact the girls in this novel? What role does she play in terms of their character development and plot movement?
Essay Topic 3
Love motivates each of the girls in this novel. Describe how each girl loves, is loved and is not loved. How does this motivate them? How does this discourage them? How is love a theme in this novel?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)