|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds out they will be going to Greece in Chapter 28?
2. When Lena draws her father, what emotion does she want to find in him?
3. In this chapter, what happens between Carmen and Win?
4. In Chapter 24, what is Tibby wearing?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Carmen's mother demand of Carmen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Lena draws her father?
2. In Chapter 26, how is Bridget impacted by Eric's disappearance from camp?
3. What happens when Carmen looks for Tibby in Chapter 25?
4. What does Lena discover about herself while doing her self-portrait?
5. What happens the night Tibby can't sleep at the beach house?
6. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
7. What happens when Lena draws Paul?
8. How does Tibby convince Christina to deliver the baby?
9. What is clever about Lena's gift to her friends?
10. In Chapter 27, what problem does Bridget have with Naughton and how does she solve it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the history of the Traveling Pants and what they represent to each girl, as well as to this novel as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
How does Carmen meet Win? Why does Win think Carmen is the "Good Carmen?" Why does Carmen feel she is "Bad Carmen?" How does Carmen come to see herself as "Good Carmen?"
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Brian and Tibby. Where does their relationship stand at the end of this novel? What purpose does Brian serve as a character in this novel?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)