Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flavor jellybeans do Carmen and Tibby send Lena to cheer her up?
(b) Black licorice.
(c) Root beer.
2. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget apologize to Eric for?
(a) For making fun of him.
(b) For telling everyone about what happened between them.
(c) For how she acted two summers ago.
(d) For trying to ignore him at the beginning of the summer.
3. How does Carmen get Valia to the hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) She puts her on the bus.
(b) She has Lena drive them.
(c) She pushes her wheelchair.
(d) She convinces her to get in her car.
4. Why does Lena not like the idea of attending a regular university?
(a) She does not like professors.
(b) She does not want to go to a big school.
(c) She does not want to live in a dorm.
(d) She does not want to take general education classes.
5. What does Tibby say in her note to Carmen in Chapter 5?
(a) "We need to talk."
(b) "I feel your pain."
(c) "I kissed Brian."
(d) "I'm sorry."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who does Tibby want to tell about her night with Brian?
2. Why does Annik criticize Lena's drawing in Chapter 14?
3. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
4. Where does Lena work?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Lena's father offer to pay for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Eric calls Bridget at the beach house?
2. How does Tibby try to make Carmen feel better about her mother's pregnancy?
3. What does Carmen learn about Win while driving in Chapter 23?
4. What does Lena see in Valia when she draws her?
5. Why does Carmen talk to Lena's mother in Chapter 20?
6. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
7. What do Carmen and Win see in each other in Chapter 25?
8. What does Carmen consider when she is lying in bed in Chapter 8?
9. What happens to Carmen in the hospital in Chapter 12?
10. What happens when Lena talks with her parents about school in Chapter 10?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)