|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carmen's big announcement in Chapter 27?
(a) That she found a new job.
(b) That she got accepted to Harvard.
(c) That she has a date with Win.
(d) That she bought a car.
2. Why does Naughton not perform well during practice?
(a) He has too much time to think.
(b) There isn't a challenge.
(c) He is looking at Bridget.
(d) He doesn't like practice.
3. Where does Carmen finally decide to go to college?
(a) University of Maryland.
(b) Boston College.
(d) Williams College.
4. At the end of Chapter 25, what does Carmen say she realizes?
(a) That she is "Good Carmen."
(b) That she is a very good friend.
(c) That she should get something from David.
(d) That she is the best big sister.
5. In Chapter 20, where does Carmen feel Valia needs to go?
(a) To Greece.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To England.
6. What does Tibby tell Carmen in her note in Chapter 25?
(a) To have a party.
(b) To create memories.
(c) To buy Win a gift.
(d) To hug her baby brother.
7. What type of restaurant do Carmen and Valia go to in Chapter 20?
(a) A French restaurant.
(b) A Mexican restaurant.
(c) A Mediterranean restaurant.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
8. Who is Irene?
(a) The midwife.
(b) A nurse.
(c) David's secretary.
(d) Win's sister.
9. Who calls Carmen to tell her Katherine's helmet is off?
10. In Chapter 18, what does Carmen's mother demand of Carmen?
(a) To drive her home from the hospital.
(b) To name her unborn brother or sister.
(c) To know who Win is.
(d) To go to Williams College.
11. What happens at the end of Chapter 24?
(a) Christina delivers her baby.
(b) Tibby faints.
(c) Christina starts to push.
(d) Carmen and David rush into the hospital.
12. How does Eric help Bridget when she is sick?
(a) He finds something to lower her fever.
(b) He holds her hand.
(c) He gets a bunch of movies for her to watch.
(d) He makes her soup.
13. Why can't Bridget get any rest in her cabin in Chapter 21?
(a) Because of the thunderstorm outside.
(b) She slept too much the day before.
(c) Her roommates are partying.
(d) She is worried.
14. In Chapter 18 when Effie refers to "them", who does she mean?
(a) Win and the hospital staff.
(b) Lena's parents and Valia.
(c) Bridget and Eric.
(d) Carmen and Tibby.
15. Why does Christina finally agree to give birth?
(a) The nurses force her.
(b) Tibby convinces her.
(c) They tell her she'll need a C-section.
(d) The pain killers kick in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carmen realize when she introduces Win to David?
2. What is the first thing the girls do when they get to the beach house?
3. In Chapter 24, what is Tibby wearing?
4. In Chapter 17, what does Bridget think she wants most from Eric?
5. In Chapter 18, what does Effie admit to Lena?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)