|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 18 when Effie refers to "them", who does she mean?
(a) Carmen and Tibby.
(b) Bridget and Eric.
(c) Win and the hospital staff.
(d) Lena's parents and Valia.
2. Who writes a note in Chapter 28 reminding everyone about the beach trip?
3. What does Lena see in herself as she draws?
(a) Someone who is waiting.
(b) Someone who is angry.
(c) Someone who is fearful.
(d) Someone who is worried.
4. In Chapter 28, why does Bridget say she is disappointed with Eric?
(a) For ignoring her.
(b) For leaving camp.
(c) For losing the game.
(d) For having a girlfriend.
5. What does Lena's father say he realizes about her in Chapter 28?
(a) That her mind is strong.
(b) That her plan is well thought out.
(c) That her talent is real.
(d) That her drawings are great.
6. In Chapter 29, what does Eric say about Bridget?
(a) That she has grown up a lot.
(b) That she has great friends.
(c) That she is too passionate.
(d) That she is level-headed.
7. Why is Carmen's mother at the hospital in Chapter 18?
(a) Because she sprained her wrist.
(b) Because of premature labor.
(c) For a job interview.
(d) For a birth class.
8. Where do Bridget and Eric go during their walk in Chapter 29?
(a) To the campfire.
(b) To the dining hall.
(c) To the dock.
(d) To the bus stop.
9. What is Carmen's big announcement in Chapter 27?
(a) That she got accepted to Harvard.
(b) That she found a new job.
(c) That she has a date with Win.
(d) That she bought a car.
10. What is the first thing the girls do when they get to the beach house?
(a) Make dinner.
(b) Go into the ocean.
(d) Start a bonfire.
11. How much does each girl need to pay toward their beach trip at the end of the summer?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Sixty dollars.
12. Who is Irene?
(a) David's secretary.
(b) The midwife.
(c) A nurse.
(d) Win's sister.
13. In Chapter 22, why is Carmen's mother worried about her water breaking?
(a) Her sister wants to be in town for the birth.
(b) She is afraid of labor.
(c) Her due date isn't for another month.
(d) She would ruin her clothes.
14. Why can't Carmen's father borrow her phone charger?
(a) Carmen is mad at her father.
(b) He broke it the last time he borrowed it.
(c) They have different phones.
(d) It is in her purse.
15. Why isn't Christina ready to deliver in Chapter 23?
(a) She isn't due for another month.
(b) She doesn't feel ready to push.
(c) She wants David and Carmen to be there.
(d) She is too tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bridget send flowers and balloons to?
2. In this chapter, how does Carmen explain her "bad" side to Win?
3. What does Christina name the baby?
4. When Lena draws Valia, what emotion does she see?
5. What does Bridget wear during her walk with Eric in Chapter 29?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)