|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
(a) If she could set him up with her friend.
(b) If she likes Eric.
(c) If she has a boyfriend.
(d) If she would be his personal trainer.
2. Which girl is compared to a bright red gas guzzler?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Lena's father offer to pay for?
(a) A new car.
(b) A trip to Greece.
(c) Another art class.
(d) Tuition at a university.
4. Where does Lena go in Chapter 6 when she borrows her father's car?
(a) Paul's house.
(b) The mall.
(c) A college.
(d) Drawing class.
5. Why does Lena not like the idea of attending a regular university?
(a) She does not want to live in a dorm.
(b) She does not want to go to a big school.
(c) She does not want to take general education classes.
(d) She does not like professors.
6. At the senior dance, where do the girls meet up to talk?
(a) Behind the gym.
(b) Under the bleachers.
(c) In the parking lot.
(d) In the bathroom.
7. How many people applied for the RISD scholarship?
(a) Less than 25.
(b) Lena doesn't know.
(c) Around 100.
(d) Over 70.
8. In Chapter 5, what advice does Carmen's mom give?
(a) Life is too short.
(b) Look people in the eye.
(c) Always say thank you.
(d) Speak only when spoken to.
9. In Chapter 16, what surprises Bridget during her run with Naughton?
(a) His running shoes.
(b) His sense of humor.
(c) His knowledge of sports.
(d) His ability to keep up with her.
10. Where has Eric gone so far this summer in Chapter 10?
11. Why do Tibby's parents fire Loretta?
(a) They believe she stole money from them.
(b) They can't afford her anymore.
(c) They feel she is partly responsible for Katherine's fall.
(d) They think she does very poor work.
12. Where does Tibby work?
(a) At an editing studio.
(b) At a movie theater.
(c) At a video rental store.
(d) On a sound stage.
13. What does Tibby say in her note to Carmen in Chapter 5?
(a) "I'm sorry."
(b) "We need to talk."
(c) "I kissed Brian."
(d) "I feel your pain."
14. Why won't Tibby go in the pool in Chapter 13?
(a) She didn't bring a bathing suit.
(b) She doesn't know how to swim.
(c) She wasn't invited.
(d) She doesn't want to climb the fence.
15. How does Carmen get Valia to the hospital in Chapter 12?
(a) She has Lena drive them.
(b) She pushes her wheelchair.
(c) She puts her on the bus.
(d) She convinces her to get in her car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flavor ice cream does Valia get when she stops to get ice cream on the way to her doctor's appointment?
2. After her first kiss with Brian, how does Tibby describe how she feels?
3. Why does Valia fall in the ice cream parlor?
4. Who becomes Bridget's partner at soccer camp in Chapter 11?
5. In Chapter 8, when does Carmen's mother start going to bed?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)