|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who does Tibby want to tell about her night with Brian?
(a) Her mother.
(b) No one.
(d) Her sister.
2. How does Carmen describe herself at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Good Carmen.
(b) Bad Carmen.
(c) Happy Carmen.
(d) Confused Carmen.
3. Which girl is compared to a bright red gas guzzler?
4. What does Carmen want to borrow from her mother's room in Chapter 4?
(a) A book.
(d) Fake eyelashes.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Lena's father offer to pay for?
(a) Tuition at a university.
(b) A new car.
(c) Another art class.
(d) A trip to Greece.
6. Why does Lena cry in her room in Chapter 10?
(a) She has no way to get to art class.
(b) She lost shifts at the restaurant.
(c) Kostos came to see her.
(d) Her father knows she's back in art class.
7. Who is Katherine?
(a) Tibby's mother.
(b) Tibby's sister.
(c) Tibby's friend.
(d) Tibby's neighbor.
8. Where did the girls' high school graduation take place?
(a) At a local theater.
(b) On a basketball court.
(c) In an auditorium.
(d) On a football field.
9. What does Tibby say in her note to Carmen in Chapter 5?
(a) "We need to talk."
(b) "I'm sorry."
(c) "I kissed Brian."
(d) "I feel your pain."
10. What do the girls say when they unfold the pants in Chapter 1?
(b) They sing.
(c) A chant.
(d) A poem.
11. Where does Lena work?
(a) Quick Change Oil.
(b) Tony's Brakes and Mufflers.
(c) Elite Restaurant.
(d) Ellis Island Cafe.
12. In Chapter 8, when does Carmen's mother start going to bed?
(a) Very early.
(b) Right at 11p.m. each night.
(c) Very late.
(d) It is different every night.
13. At the senior dance, where do the girls meet up to talk?
(a) Behind the gym.
(b) Under the bleachers.
(c) In the parking lot.
(d) In the bathroom.
14. Why does Lena not like the idea of attending a regular university?
(a) She does not like professors.
(b) She does not want to live in a dorm.
(c) She does not want to go to a big school.
(d) She does not want to take general education classes.
15. In Chapter 5, what does Tibby include with her note to Carmen?
(a) A picture.
(b) A baby present.
(c) A box of cookies.
(d) A notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Bridget is Eric?
2. In Chapter 9, who does Valia say separated from his wife?
3. How far away is the college Carmen plans on attending?
4. Why do Bridget and Eric fall into the lake in Chapter 14?
5. What flavor ice cream does Valia get when she stops to get ice cream on the way to her doctor's appointment?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)