|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people applied for the RISD scholarship?
(a) Over 70.
(b) Less than 25.
(c) Around 100.
(d) Lena doesn't know.
2. Why does Lena cry in her room in Chapter 10?
(a) She lost shifts at the restaurant.
(b) She has no way to get to art class.
(c) Her father knows she's back in art class.
(d) Kostos came to see her.
3. Who becomes Bridget's partner at soccer camp in Chapter 11?
4. Who said the opening quote for Chapter 5?
(a) O.J. Simpson.
(b) Mrs. Simpson.
(c) Jessica Simpson.
(d) Homer Simpson.
5. Where has Eric gone so far this summer in Chapter 10?
6. At the senior dance, where do the girls meet up to talk?
(a) In the parking lot.
(b) Under the bleachers.
(c) Behind the gym.
(d) In the bathroom.
7. In Chapter 12, why won't Valia get into Carmen's car?
(a) She says she drives too fast.
(b) She doesn't like the feel of the seats.
(c) She says she drives too slow.
(d) She doesn't like the way she holds the wheel.
8. What do the girls say when they unfold the pants in Chapter 1?
(a) A chant.
(c) A poem.
(d) They sing.
9. Where has Tibby been accepted to college?
(a) University of Maryland.
(b) New York University.
(d) Williams College.
10. In Chapter 12, how does Lena do research to try to stay in art school?
(a) She talks to Carmen.
(b) She looks online.
(c) She talks to her mom.
(d) She asks classmates.
11. In Chapter 12, what does Annik suggest Lena do in order to attend art school?
(a) Move out of her parents' house.
(b) Lie to her parents.
(c) Take out student loans.
(d) Look for a scholarship.
12. Why does Valia fall in the ice cream parlor?
(a) She slips on ice cream.
(b) She falls over a chair.
(c) She trips on purpose.
(d) She shoves Carmen.
13. What does Lena's mother pay Carmen to watch Valia?
(a) $100 a month.
(b) $8.50 an hour.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $8.00 an hour.
14. What college does Carmen want to go to?
(b) Williams College.
(c) Michigan State.
(d) Boston College.
15. When did Carmen put star stickers on her ceiling?
(a) When she started high school.
(b) When she was eleven.
(c) The day after high school graduation.
(d) When she was eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flavor jellybeans do Carmen and Tibby send Lena to cheer her up?
2. What does Lena notice about her mother when she draws her?
3. What does Naughton ask Bridget during their run in Chapter 16?
4. In Chapter 16, what does Bridget apologize to Eric for?
5. What does Tibby say in her note to Carmen in Chapter 5?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)