Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue and Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What does Brian ask Tibby in Chapter 2, and what is her response?
2. How does Lena organize her closet?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3
3. How is Brian different from when he was younger?
4. What happens when Tibby suggests to Brian that they leave the dance?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 4
5. How does Carmen discover that her mother is pregnant?
6. Why does Tibby fight with her mother in Chapter 4?
This section contains 834 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)