Prologue and Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Four girls have shared a pair of pants for two summers. This is the third summer.
• The pants connect them.
• The girls are graduating from high school and will be off to college in the fall.
• Tibby agrees to go to a dance with Brian just as friends.
• Lena remembers her former boyfriend, Kostos.
• Brian picks up Tibby for the senior dance. She is wearing the pants.
• At the dance Brian asks Tibby to dance and she becomes nervous.
• Tibby suggests they go to a 7-Eleven.
• Tibby and Brian end up at a park where they talk.
• Brian kisses Tibby and tells her that he loves her.
• Carmen discovers that her mother is pregnant.
• Tibby feels hungover after her night with Brian.
• Tibby's mother makes her stay home with Katherine.
• Katherine tries to climb up a tree to get an apple.
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)