Prologue and Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Four girls have shared a pair of pants for two summers. This is the third summer.
* The pants connect them.
* The girls are graduating from high school and will be off to college in the fall.
* Tibby agrees to go to a dance with Brian just as friends.
* Lena remembers her former boyfriend, Kostos.
* Brian picks up Tibby for the senior dance. She is wearing the pants.
* At the dance Brian asks Tibby to dance and she becomes nervous.
* Tibby suggests they go to a 7-Eleven.
* Tibby and Brian end up at a park where they talk.
* Brian kisses Tibby and tells her that he loves her.
* Carmen discovers that her mother is pregnant.
* Tibby feels hungover after her night with Brian.
* Tibby's mother makes her stay home with Katherine.
* Katherine tries to climb up a tree to get an apple.
This section contains 1,719 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)