|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
2. What are the young ladies wearing on their heads?
3. What does the author say Rufus had become an expert at?
4. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
5. Why is Rufus so popular?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
4. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
5. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
6. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
7. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
8. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
9. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
10. Describe Akueke's family life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 2
What does it mean that Reginald is the only one who survives the bombing? What meaning would it give the story if he died? How will Gladys' death effect him?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)