|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
2. Who was the only person to support Amos in his marriage venture?
3. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
4. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
5. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
2. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
3. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
4. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
5. What does Chike love about school?
6. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
7. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
8. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
9. Why do people like Rufus so much?
10. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe traditional Nigerian life? How does traditional Nigerian life compare to life in the west? How have the ideas Westerners have brought into Nigeria effected the country?
Essay Topic 3
What picture do the stories paint of everyday Nigerian life? What was the typical family like? What do they do during both the day and the night? Imagine you are a Nigerian growing up in these times and write a typical day in your life.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)