Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the name of the two markets the main characters is drawn to?
2. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
3. What religion has Ugoye been brought up with?
4. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
5. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Akueke's family life?
2. In what way does Ben show great self control?
3. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
4. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
5. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
6. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
7. How does meeting Gladys effect Reginald the second time?
8. How does Reginald manage to seduce Gladys?
9. How does Jonathan take advantage of his blessings?
10. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
What does it mean that Reginald is the only one who survives the bombing? What meaning would it give the story if he died? How will Gladys' death effect him?
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)