|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people from the great rivers travel to the market?
2. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
3. Where does Akueke's grandfather live?
4. What does Nwibe tell the madman he looks hungry for?
5. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chike love about school?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. Why is the market place called Nwko?
4. Why do people like Rufus so much?
5. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
8. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
9. How does the author describe Gladys the second time Reginald meets her?
10. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 2
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
This section contains 1,277 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)