|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
2. What has Ibe installed a private plant to supply to his house?
3. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
4. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
5. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
2. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
5. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
8. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
9. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
10. What does Chike love about school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 3
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)