|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ibe installed a private plant to supply to his house?
2. What is the title of the second story in this section?
3. What does Okeke hum to himself?
4. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
5. What marks a change in seasons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people like Rufus so much?
2. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
3. Why is the market place called Nwko?
4. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
5. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
6. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
7. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
8. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
9. What does Chike love about school?
10. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
What do the stories say about the gap between the older and younger generation? Why does the gap seem so big? What do the attitude of the younger generation about how Nigeria will develop in the future?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)