Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
2. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
3. What is the name of Chike's mother?
4. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
5. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
5. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. How do Gladys and the soldier die?
8. What does Chike love about school?
9. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
10. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
Essay Topic 1
What does it mean that Reginald is the only one who survives the bombing? What meaning would it give the story if he died? How will Gladys' death effect him?
Essay Topic 2
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)