|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
2. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
3. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
4. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
5. Who looks after Akueke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
2. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
5. What does Chike love about school?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
8. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
9. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
10. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)