|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
2. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
3. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
4. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
5. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
2. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
3. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
4. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
5. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
6. Why is the market place called Nwko?
7. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
8. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
9. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
10. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the stories say about the gap between the older and younger generation? Why does the gap seem so big? What do the attitude of the younger generation about how Nigeria will develop in the future?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)