|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of campaign do Ibe's stalwarts conduct at night?
2. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
3. What do the brothers assume has happened to their sister when they find the place they laid her empty?
4. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
5. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
2. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
3. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
4. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
5. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
6. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
7. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
8. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
9. Why is the market place called Nwko?
10. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the stories and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)