|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
2. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
3. What kind of snake does the author compare the road to?
4. What is the name of the tribe Chike was born into?
5. What is the title of the second story in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
2. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
3. How does Jonathan take advantage of his blessings?
4. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
5. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
6. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
7. How does the author describe Gladys the second time Reginald meets her?
8. How does Reginald manage to seduce Gladys?
9. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
10. How does Reginald meet Gladys the third time?
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
What role does spirituality play in all of the stories? How does spirituality effect the characters lives and the decisions they make? What conflict does traditional spirituality have with Christianity?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)