Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
2. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
3. What is the name of Chike's mother?
4. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
5. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
5. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. How do Gladys and the soldier die?
8. What does Chike love about school?
9. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
10. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe traditional Nigerian life? How does traditional Nigerian life compare to life in the west? How have the ideas Westerners have brought into Nigeria effected the country?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
What do the stories say about the gap between the older and younger generation? Why does the gap seem so big? What do the attitude of the younger generation about how Nigeria will develop in the future?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)