|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
2. What does Nwibe think it would have been easier for his wife to do than hit the dog?
3. What does the Diviner say Elizabeth's ancestors must be appeased with?
4. What kind of face does the author say the moon keeps outside the door?
5. Who does the author say the village belonged to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
2. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
3. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
4. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
5. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
6. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
7. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
8. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
9. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
10. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
Essay Topic 2
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 3
What war did Nigeria fight in the book? What effect did the war have in their country?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)