|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people of the village think Marcus Ibe entered politics?
2. Which of the following is one of Chike's other names?
3. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
4. What is the name of the city Nena has lived in all her life?
5. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
2. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
3. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
4. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
5. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
6. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
7. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
8. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
9. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
10. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
Essay Topic 2
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
Essay Topic 3
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)