|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus mark his thumb with before he leaves the voting booth?
2. What does Mgboye say the dog has done?
3. In which class did Chike sing and dance?
4. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
5. What kind of business does Nwibe own?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
2. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
3. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
4. Why do people like Rufus so much?
5. Why is the market place called Nwko?
6. What does Chike love about school?
7. Describe Akueke's family life?
8. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
9. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
10. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
What picture do the stories paint of everyday Nigerian life? What was the typical family like? What do they do during both the day and the night? Imagine you are a Nigerian growing up in these times and write a typical day in your life.
Essay Topic 3
Why has Achebe chosen to tell the story from Mike's point of view? How would the story change if it was told from the Cletus's point of view?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)