|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rufus so popular?
2. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
3. What do people shorten Rufus's name to?
4. What marks a change in seasons?
5. Who looks after Akueke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. What does Chike love about school?
4. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
5. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
6. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
7. How do Gladys and the soldier die?
8. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
9. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
10. How does Reginald meet Gladys the third time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the stories suggest colonialism effected Nigerians? What struggles do the stories suggest Nigeria had in the early post-colonial years? Choose one story and examine what it says about how Nigeria coped during these times.
Essay Topic 2
What war did Nigeria fight in the book? What effect did the war have in their country?
Essay Topic 3
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)