|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
2. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
3. What is the name of Chike's mother?
4. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
5. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
5. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. How do Gladys and the soldier die?
8. What does Chike love about school?
9. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
10. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
What does the author suggests stops Nigeria from becoming the modern day country they seem capable of becoming? Why are so many people against Nigeria moving with the times?
Essay Topic 3
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)