|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cakes do the fisher women buy for their children?
2. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
3. What religion has Ugoye been brought up with?
4. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
5. What did Rufus work as in Port Harcourt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
2. Describe Akueke's family life?
3. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
4. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
5. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
6. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
7. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
8. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
9. Why do people like Rufus so much?
10. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
Essay Topic 2
What does the author suggests stops Nigeria from becoming the modern day country they seem capable of becoming? Why are so many people against Nigeria moving with the times?
Essay Topic 3
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)