|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
2. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
3. Why is Rufus so popular?
4. What does Nnaemeka's father do with the wedding his son sends him?
5. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
2. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
3. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
4. Describe Akueke's family life?
5. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
6. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
7. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
8. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
9. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
10. Why is the market place called Nwko?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)