|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
2. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
3. How do most of the people pronounce congrats?
4. What did Akueke once create a sensation by doing?
5. What is the title of the second story in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chike love about school?
2. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
3. How different has Nene's life been to her husband's?
4. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
5. Describe Akueke's family life?
6. Why is the market place called Nwko?
7. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
8. Why do people like Rufus so much?
9. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
10. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. What are the differences between the rich and the poor in the book?
2. What your views on the following statement. Some of the people's bad behavior can be excused because of the desperate situation they find themselves in.
Essay Topic 2
What does the stories in the book state about post colonial Nigeria? How much do the students think these problems can be attributed to colonialism?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)