|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author describe as a sensible man?
2. What does Okeke hum to himself?
3. What is the name of Chike's father?
4. Why did Sarah not want her children to eat in their neighbors' houses?
5. What religion has Ugoye been brought up with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
2. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
5. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
6. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
7. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
8. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
9. What does Chike love about school?
10. How does the author compare the new religion to palm wine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
Essay Topic 2
What does the author suggests stops Nigeria from becoming the modern day country they seem capable of becoming? Why are so many people against Nigeria moving with the times?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)