|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Amos use to summon his family to prayers?
2. Why are Chike's parents so happy about his birth?
3. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
4. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
5. Who did Elizabeth consult about her son's forthcoming marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
2. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
3. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
4. Describe Akueke's family life?
5. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
8. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
9. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
10. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does the author suggest money plays in Nigerian life? What problems is money causing within Nigerian society?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)