|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the young ladies wearing on their heads?
2. What kind of disease do the brothers think their sister has?
3. What word does the author state that Chike particularly liked?
4. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
5. What had Marcus hired from Umuru?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
2. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
3. What are Julius's duties as clerk?
4. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
5. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
6. Why does Nnaemeka's father not want him to marry Nene?
7. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
8. Why is the market place called Nwko?
9. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
10. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does it mean that Reginald is the only one who survives the bombing? What meaning would it give the story if he died? How will Gladys' death effect him?
Essay Topic 2
What role does spirituality play in all of the stories? How does spirituality effect the characters lives and the decisions they make? What conflict does traditional spirituality have with Christianity?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)