|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old man reveal to the brothers at his compound?
2. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
3. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
4. How does Rufus solve his problem of who to vote for?
5. Who sends a message to the boys in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
2. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. Why do people like Rufus so much?
5. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
6. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
7. Why do Akueke's brothers want to kill her?
8. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
9. Why does Nnaemeka's father think Ugoye is the perfect match for his son?
10. What is Rufus' job with Ibe's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What role does spirituality play in all of the stories? How does spirituality effect the characters lives and the decisions they make? What conflict does traditional spirituality have with Christianity?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the books reception in three different countries including the country the book was written. How do their opinions about the books differ? Was the book more influential in one country than another? If so, why?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)