Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
2. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
3. What is the name of Chike's mother?
4. What is the name of the girl Julius is going to marry?
5. Who was Ibe's house opened by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
3. What does Nnaemeke's remember about Ugoye?
4. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
5. How do Nene and Nnaemeka win people over?
6. How do Nwibe and the madmen know each other?
7. How do Gladys and the soldier die?
8. What does Chike love about school?
9. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
10. Why did Marcus Ibe become a politician?
Essay Topic 1
How do the stories suggest colonialism effected Nigerians? What struggles do the stories suggest Nigeria had in the early post-colonial years? Choose one story and examine what it says about how Nigeria coped during these times.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What picture do the stories paint of everyday Nigerian life? What was the typical family like? What do they do during both the day and the night? Imagine you are a Nigerian growing up in these times and write a typical day in your life.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)