|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the madman wrap around his waist?
2. How did Nwibe change after the incident in the market place?
3. Why is Akueke's grandfather said to be so fond of her?
4. What marks a change in seasons?
5. Who does Nene ask Nnaemeka if he has written to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
2. Why are the red cross men so upset?
3. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
4. Why isn't the old man sympathetic to Elizabeth's plight?
5. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
6. How does the author describe Gladys the second time Reginald meets her?
7. How does Julius become foul of Kitipka?
8. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
9. Why is Ibe such a popular politician?
10. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How does Vera's upbringing effect her decisions in the novel? How will Vera's upbringing effect her in the future? How can she change her situation?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)