|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rufus tell the women will happen if they vote for the car?
2. Complete the following saying, "Those who gather ant-infested faggots must be prepared for the visit of the..."
3. What is Marcus Ibe's role within the PAP?
4. What is the name of the spirit that Akueke's death will anger?
5. Which English song is Chike fond of singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the aftermath of the day that caused Nwibe's downfall?
2. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
3. How do the village initially react to Nnaemeka's marriage?
4. How does Reginald meet Gladys the third time?
5. What do Nwibe's two wives argue about in this section?
6. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
7. What does the drunken man at the people force Reginald to think about?
8. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
9. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
10. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
Essay Topic 1
What do the stories say about the gap between the older and younger generation? Why does the gap seem so big? What do the attitude of the younger generation about how Nigeria will develop in the future?
Essay Topic 2
How do the stories suggest colonialism effected Nigerians? What struggles do the stories suggest Nigeria had in the early post-colonial years? Choose one story and examine what it says about how Nigeria coped during these times.
Essay Topic 3
What does it mean that Reginald is the only one who survives the bombing? What meaning would it give the story if he died? How will Gladys' death effect him?
This section contains 1,345 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)