|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the tribe Nnaemeka was born into?
2. What is the name of the deity who causes terror on the town?
3. What will Akueke's name be changed to?
4. What religion has Ugoye been brought up with?
5. What is the name of Akueke's oldest brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nwibe embarrass himself in this section?
2. Describe Akueke's family life?
3. How does Nnameka's father's attitude change at the end of the story?
4. What do Chike's parents raise him to believe?
5. Why is the market place called Nwko?
6. How does Chike anger his friend's mother?
7. How will Akueke's life change now she is livng with her grandfather?
8. How does Rufus react when Ibe asks him to vote first?
9. Why do people like Rufus so much?
10. Why does Nwibe run after the madmen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare African and western culture.
1. What are the differences between the two cultures?
2. In what way have the two cultures influenced each other?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Nnaemeka's father finds it so difficult to accept that his son marries for love? How does Nnameka's father see marriage and how have these views molded his life?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Nigerian's attitude towards the following. What is the author's opinion of these subjects? How does it compare to western thought?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)