|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) The Sacrificial Egg.
(b) The Vengeful Creditor.
(c) Girls at War.
(d) The School Master.
2. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
(a) Roman Catholic.
3. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A delivery service.
(b) A museum piece.
(c) A taxi service.
(d) A tourist rental bike.
4. What does Julius step on?
(a) An egg.
(b) A skull.
(c) A bird's nest.
(d) A mouse.
5. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Laugh in your face.
(c) Count B.
(d) Count C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cletus crave?
2. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
3. What did Ben's father used to say was the cure for drink?
4. What kind of business does Jonathan open?
5. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
2. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
3. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
4. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
5. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
6. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
7. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
8. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
9. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
10. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)