|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the reasons Janet's mother approves of Julius?
(a) He enjoys life.
(b) He sings in the church choir.
(c) He laughs at her jokes.
(d) He cooks well.
2. What does Michael recommend the old priest do?
(a) Bury his ancestors deeper in the ground.
(b) Construct another path.
(c) Find a new religion.
(d) Contact his lawyers.
3. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
(a) Fool's gold.
(b) Looter's revenge.
(c) Happy survival.
(d) His choice.
4. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
(b) Hate medicine.
(c) Love medicine.
5. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They will focus all their energies on their work.
(b) They will have fresher ideas.
(c) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(d) They will be more ready to listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Jonathan open?
2. What sports did Ben play at his club?
3. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
4. What does Vero make up a song about?
5. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
2. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
3. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
4. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
5. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
6. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
7. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
8. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
9. How does Michael want to change the school?
10. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)