|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He knows everybody in the town.
(b) His father is an influential person in the area.
(c) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
(d) He is educated.
2. What does Michael's wife imagine herself as?
(a) Princess of the town.
(b) The schoool's social worker.
(c) Queen of the school.
(d) The school's nurse.
3. What is the name of the island Mike travels to?
(a) Zoot Island.
(b) Sao Tome.
(c) Penny Island.
(d) The Isle of Dogs.
4. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
(b) Military action.
(c) Taxi service.
(d) A white man's gift.
5. What does Vero put on her lips?
(a) Blue ink.
(c) Nivea cream.
(d) Red ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message has been printed at the end of the receipt?
2. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
3. What phrase Nancy speaks imitates the magazines she reads?
4. Whose point of view is the story in this section told from?
5. What was the name of the magazine that wrote an editorial praising the Prime minister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
2. How does Jonathan take advantage of his blessings?
3. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
4. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
5. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
6. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
7. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
8. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
9. In what way does Ben show great self control?
10. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)