|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(b) Little Madame.
(d) Little Woman.
2. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
(a) They are all taking advantage of free education.
(b) They have all been draughted into the army.
(c) They have all emigrated.
(d) They are all on a training day.
3. What was Jonathan's job at the Coal Corporation?
4. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They feared going bankrupt.
(b) The country had declared war.
(c) Not enough people were going to school.
(d) They needed boys for the army.
5. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(b) Working people.
(c) Community spirit.
(d) Free primary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
2. What does Julius step on?
3. How does Matthew calm Ben down?
4. What is Mami Wota the lady of?
5. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
2. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
3. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
4. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
5. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
6. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
7. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
8. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
9. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
10. In what way does Ben show great self control?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)