|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Jonathan's bike been commandeered for?
(a) Taxi service.
(b) Military action.
(d) A white man's gift.
2. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
(a) He bought her the wrong toaster.
(b) He wrote her a nasty message.
(c) He refused to take her to the club.
(d) He forgot to phone her.
3. What does Julius step on?
(a) An egg.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A skull.
4. What does Ben say he fell into his iron bed like?
(a) A dead man.
(b) A log.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
5. How does Matthew calm Ben down?
(a) He pours cold water onto him.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He screams in his ear.
(d) He gives him brandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
2. What does Michael recommend the old priest do?
3. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
4. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
5. What did a German doctor say Ben's heart was as black as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
2. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
3. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
4. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
5. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
6. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
7. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
8. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
9. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
10. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)