|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ben fear the woman in his village put in their food when they cooked for the men?
(c) Hate medicine.
(d) Love medicine.
2. Whose house did Ben run to?
3. What does Julius step on?
(a) A skull.
(b) A bird's nest.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An egg.
4. Why did the government have to stop the free education system?
(a) They needed boys for the army.
(b) Not enough people were going to school.
(c) The country had declared war.
(d) They feared going bankrupt.
5. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
2. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
3. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
4. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
5. What did Vero force Goddy to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
2. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
3. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
4. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
5. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
6. How does Michael want to change the school?
7. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
8. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
9. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
10. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)