|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Emenike say Vero did not learn in her house?
(a) Bad taste.
(c) Ill discipline.
2. Which of the following people use the path?
(b) New born children.
(c) New age travelers.
3. Where does Mike lose one of the bags of sugar he gets for Cletus?
(a) The airplane.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bar.
4. What was Jonathan's job at the Coal Corporation?
5. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
(b) Brand new things.
(d) Second hand things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Emenike's baby nurse?
2. Why does Ben think Margaret might be annoyed?
3. What club do all progressive African men join?
4. What is the title of the story in this section?
5. What does Cletus crave?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
2. How does Michael want to change the school?
3. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
4. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
5. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
6. How does Jonathan take advantage of his blessings?
7. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
8. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
9. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
10. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)