|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(b) Laugh in your face.
(c) Count C.
(d) Count B.
2. What does Mr. Emenike say Mike is scared of?
3. What club do all progressive African men join?
(a) The African Club.
(b) The Christian Club.
(c) The Nigeria Club.
(d) The European Club.
4. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Carry me.
(b) Tickle me.
(c) Play with me.
(d) Tell a joke.
5. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
(a) Working people.
(b) Community spirit.
(c) Free primary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
2. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
3. Which of the following people use the path?
4. Which minister is the best at debating?
5. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
3. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
4. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
5. Why does Jonathan think he has been blessed?
6. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
7. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
8. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
9. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
10. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)