|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
(a) She gave sugar to her dog.
(b) She took a handful of sugar.
(c) She cursed him.
(d) She dropped the sugar on the floor.
2. Why does Michael think it is a good thing that all the teachers will be young and unmarried?
(a) They wil be able to take over when the time comes.
(b) They will have fresher ideas.
(c) They will focus all their energies on their work.
(d) They will be more ready to listen.
3. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
(a) A receipt.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A stick.
(d) A knife.
4. Which of the following people use the path?
(c) New born children.
(d) New age travelers.
5. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He knows everybody in the town.
(b) His father is an influential person in the area.
(c) He is educated.
(d) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret want to convert Ben to?
2. What does Jonathan Iwegbu call his luck?
3. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
4. What is the name of Cletus' girlfriend?
5. What is the name of the child Vero look after?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
2. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
3. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
4. Describe the argument between Martha and Mrs. Emenike?
5. How does Michael want to change the school?
6. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
7. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
8. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
9. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
10. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)