|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vero put on her lips?
(a) Nivea cream.
(b) Red ink.
(d) Blue ink.
2. What are Goddy's favorite words?
(a) Tickle me.
(b) Carry me.
(c) Tell a joke.
(d) Play with me.
3. What does Ben say he doesn't believe in?
(a) Brand new things.
(b) Second hand things.
4. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
5. What phrase does the inspector use to describe the situation that develops between the school and the village?
(a) A heathen argument.
(b) A tribal-war situation.
(c) A civil argument.
(d) A spiritual upheavel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
2. What words does Mrs. Emenike hate to hear?
3. What kind of pill does the priest give Mike?
4. What did Ben's father say a true son knows how to do?
5. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
2. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
3. How does Mike calm Cletus down in this section?
4. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
5. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
6. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
7. What is different about the narrative of Sugar Baby?
8. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
9. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
10. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)