|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matthew calm Ben down?
(a) He screams in his ear.
(b) He slaps him.
(c) He gives him brandy.
(d) He pours cold water onto him.
2. Where did Reginald and Gladys meet the second time they met?
(a) In a car park.
(b) At a checkpoint.
(c) In acting class.
(d) In a mall.
3. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Laugh in your face.
(c) Count C.
(d) Count B.
4. What does Mrs. Emenike nickname Vero?
(a) Little Woman.
(d) Little Madame.
5. What does Michael recommend the old priest do?
(a) Find a new religion.
(b) Contact his lawyers.
(c) Construct another path.
(d) Bury his ancestors deeper in the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cletus get mad at his girlfriend?
2. Who does Ben describe as a salt-water girl?
3. Why are there no boys to take Mrs. Emenike's shopping?
4. What does Mr. Emenike say Mike is scared of?
5. What club do all progressive African men join?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
2. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
3. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
4. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
5. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
6. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
7. What does Michael find out about the path he attempts to block?
8. How does Michael want to change the school?
9. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
10. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)