|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author say Julius is unafraid of walking home and who he might meet?
(a) He believes he is the strongest in the town.
(b) He knows everybody in the town.
(c) He is educated.
(d) His father is an influential person in the area.
2. What kind of pill does the priest give Mike?
3. What does Mr. Emenike say Nigeria is not a nation of?
(a) Oliver Twists.
(b) Pip Larkins.
(c) Edward Scissorhands.
(d) David Copperfields.
4. What does Julius step on?
(a) An egg.
(b) A skull.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird's nest.
5. What sports did Ben play at his club?
(a) Tennis and billiards.
(b) Squash and ping pong.
(c) Soccer and croquet.
(d) Cricket and rugby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house did Ben run to?
2. What is the name of Jonathan's wife?
3. What did everyone call Ben when he had a raleigh bike?
4. What kind of business does Jonathan open?
5. How does Matthew calm Ben down?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
2. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
3. How do Mr. and Mrs. Emneike react when they hear Vera has tried to poison their child?
4. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
5. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
6. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
7. How did Cletus eventually get his sugar fix?
8. How does Michael want to change the school?
9. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
10. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)