|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jonathan's job at the Coal Corporation?
2. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
(a) Count C.
(b) Laugh in your face.
(d) Count B.
3. Which of the following people use the path?
(a) New born children.
(c) New age travelers.
4. What kind of business does Jonathan open?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A billiard's club.
(c) A bar.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What is the title of the story in this section?
(a) Girl's at War.
(b) Sugar Baby.
(c) Leave the House.
(d) Writing Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martha's husband do for a living?
2. What does Mr. Menike say Americans can't afford back home?
3. What does Mr. Emenike say Mike is scared of?
4. What does the cashier give Mrs. Emenike that's a foot long?
5. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
2. How does Michael's wife help him out at his new school?
3. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
4. What is the nature of Mike and Cletus' relationship?
5. Why does Martha decide against punishing Vera?
6. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
7. How does Vera find about the poisonous ink?
8. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
9. Why does Ben regret sleeping with Mami Wota?
10. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)