|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose house did Ben run to?
2. What sports did Ben play at his club?
(a) Squash and ping pong.
(b) Cricket and rugby.
(c) Soccer and croquet.
(d) Tennis and billiards.
3. What position was Michael Obi appointed to at Ndume Central School?
(a) Deputy head.
4. What does Julius step on?
(a) A bird's nest.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A skull.
(d) An egg.
5. What does Jonathan use his bicycle for?
(a) A taxi service.
(b) A delivery service.
(c) A museum piece.
(d) A tourist rental bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a German doctor say Ben's heart was as black as?
2. What does Vero put on her lips?
3. What do the Umuru women do before one can count A?
4. Why is Father Doherty angry at Cletus's request for sugar?
5. What does Michael's wife imagine herself as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael want to change the school?
2. How does Cletus lose his girlfriend in this story?
3. Why are Mr. and Mrs. Emenike so impressed with Vera?
4. What happens the first time Gladys and Reginald meet?
5. What does the story say about Cletus' character?
6. Why is Mr. Emenike angry at the new socialism in Nigeria?
7. How does Mr. Emenike initially prove a blessing for Vera?
8. Why do the government suspend free primary education?
9. How did Father Doherty react when Mike and Cletus asked him for sugar?
10. Why does Jonathan think he has been blessed?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)