|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Griet vow to do with the final coins from selling the earrings?
(a) To never spend them.
(b) To save them for her children.
(c) To give them to Catharina.
(d) To spend them right away.
2. To Griet, who was the person who has seen her most exposed?
3. How much money does Griet get for the earrings?
(a) 10 guilders.
(b) 20 guilders.
(c) 30 guilders.
(d) 40 guilders.
4. Why did Griet believe that the backlash from Catharina was not as intense as it should be?
(a) Catharina fears Griet.
(b) Catharina does not think Vermeer would ever have an affair.
(c) Catharina no longer cares for her marriage.
(d) Catharina wants Griet to have an affair with Vermeer.
5. In what way was Pieter impatient with Griet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
2. Who placed the pearl earring into Griet's ear?
3. What is the purpose of the final chapter of the novel?
4. Griet realized Catharina's hidden items were___________.
5. Who told Catharina that Griet had been assisting Vermeer with his paintings?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)