|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom or what did Vermeer want to see one last time before he died?
(b) The pearl earrings.
(d) The portrait of Griet.
2. What gift did Pieter often send to Griet's family?
3. Whom did Griet stand in for as a model?
(a) Van Ruijven's wife.
(b) Van Ruijven.
(c) Van Ruijven's maid.
4. What did Griet's mother serve at dinner after church?
5. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
(a) Butcher shop.
(b) Vermeer's studio.
(d) Griet's family's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Griet tell about Cornelia's plotting and scheming?
2. Where did Griet and Peter first kiss?
3. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
4. How much money does Griet get for the earrings?
5. What single act appeared to change Griet the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vermeer's will say about Griet?
2. Why was it hard for Vermeer to paint Griet?
3. Why did Griet keep her hair hidden?
4. Why did Vermeer decide to paint Griet?
5. How did Vermeer and Griet feel when the portrait was complete?
6. What is the purpose of the final chapter of the novel?
7. Why did Catharina seem to fear Griet?
8. How did Pieter become impatient with Griet?
9. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
10. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)