|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Griet, who was the person who has seen her most exposed?
2. What kind of paintings did Griet's family say Vermeer paints?
(a) Protestant paintings.
(b) Holy paintings.
(c) Catholic paintings.
(d) Evil paintings.
3. Who told Griet that there was something dangerous in Vermeer's paintings?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
4. What did Griet's mother serve at dinner after church?
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
(d) Van Ruijven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
2. Whom did Griet tell about Cornelia's plotting and scheming?
3. How much money does Griet get for the earrings?
4. How did Griet feel when Pieter met her family?
5. What event was Vermeer emotionally torn about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Catharina seem to fear Griet?
2. What is the significance behind the names of Griet's children?
3. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
4. Why was it hard for Vermeer to paint Griet?
5. Why did Vermeer decide to paint Griet?
6. What foreshadowing was evident when the portrait was finished?
7. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
8. What was most important to Vermeer?
9. How did Pieter become impatient with Griet?
10. What did Cornelia do with the tortoise shell combs?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)