|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Griet get for the earrings?
(a) 40 guilders.
(b) 20 guilders.
(c) 30 guilders.
(d) 10 guilders.
2. Who placed the pearl earring into Griet's ear?
3. What event was Vermeer emotionally torn about?
(a) Forcing Griet to wear the earrings.
(b) Giving up the painting of Griet.
(c) Firing Griet.
(d) Hurting Catharina's feelings with the painting of Griet.
4. What did Griet do after Catharina tried to attack the painting?
(a) She considered killing herself and then hides.
(b) She ran away from the house.
(c) She hid in the attic.
(d) She locked herself in the studio.
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
(a) Van Ruijven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Griet believe that the backlash from Catharina was not as intense as it should be?
2. Who wrestled Catharina to the ground?
3. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
4. What is the name of Griet's second son?
5. Whom did Griet tell about Cornelia's plotting and scheming?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)