|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catharina's attack on the painting ultimately lead to?
(a) The destruction of the painting.
(b) Griet's miscarriage.
(c) Vermeer's death.
(d) Her miscarriage.
2. What did Cornelia take from Griet's chest?
(a) A ring.
(b) A portrait.
(c) A hair comb.
(d) A paint brush.
3. Who secretly handed Griet the pearl earrings?
4. What did Vermeer leave to Griet in his will?
(a) The Vermeer home.
(b) Her portrait.
(c) His painting studio.
(d) Catharina's pearl earrings.
5. What single act appeared to change Griet the most?
(a) Vermeer sees her hair.
(b) Griet has sex with Vermeer.
(c) Griet has sex with Pieter.
(d) Griet wears the earrings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
2. At the end of the novel, how long has it been since Griet ran away?
3. What did Griet believe Vermeer would ask her to wear for the portrait?
4. Who began to distrust Griet with the jewelry box?
5. What color is the mantle that Catharina wears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was most important to Vermeer?
2. How did Vermeer and Griet feel when the portrait was complete?
3. What advice did Leeuwenhoek give to Griet?
4. What does Vermeer's will say about Griet?
5. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
6. Why did Vermeer want to see the portrait of Griet one last time?
7. Does Griet love Pieter?
8. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
9. Why did Vermeer seem extremely protective of Griet in Van Ruijven's presence?
10. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)