|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
2. What did Griet believe Vermeer would ask her to wear for the portrait?
(a) Pearl earrings.
(b) Catharina's dress.
(d) A wig.
3. Where did Pieter and Griet first have sex?
(b) Butcher shop.
(c) Vermeer's studio.
(d) Griet's family's home.
4. What was Catharina's reaction to seeing the finished painting?
(a) She is enraged.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is embarrassed.
5. Who secretly handed Griet the pearl earrings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maria suggest to Vermeer that he paint to make more money?
2. Who began to distrust Griet with the jewelry box?
3. When did Vermeer convert to his current religion?
4. What is the name of Griet's second son?
5. What item did Cornelia suggest that Catharina wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vermeer decide to paint Griet?
2. What was most important to Vermeer?
3. What did Cornelia do with the tortoise shell combs?
4. Was Griet's mother a hypocrite for standing up to the paintings but not to selling out her daughter to marriage?
5. Did Pieter understand Griet?
6. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
7. How did Vermeer treat Griet differently after he saw her hair?
8. Why did Vermeer seem extremely protective of Griet in Van Ruijven's presence?
9. What does Vermeer's will say about Griet?
10. What conflict did Vermeer's religion create for Griet's family?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)