|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Griet use to numb her ear?
(b) Clove oil
(c) Lavender oil.
(d) Cold meat.
2. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
(b) Griet's mother's.
3. What did Griet determine was missing from her portrait?
(a) A point of darkness.
(b) A point of brightness.
(c) A point of color.
(d) A point of contrast.
4. How did Griet feel about Vermeer's possession of her?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is shocked.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is embarrassed.
5. Who told Catharina that Griet had been assisting Vermeer with his paintings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Griet do after Catharina tried to attack the painting?
2. What was Catharina really angry about when she saw the portrait?
3. What did Griet believe Vermeer would ask her to wear for the portrait?
4. What kind of paintings did Griet's family say Vermeer paints?
5. How did Pieter act toward Griet after they have sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Vermeer want to see the portrait of Griet one last time?
2. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
3. Did Pieter understand Griet?
4. What is the purpose of the final chapter of the novel?
5. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
6. How did Griet feel after Vermeer saw her hair?
7. What does Vermeer's will say about Griet?
8. What foreshadowing was evident when the portrait was finished?
9. Why did Catharina seem to fear Griet?
10. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)