|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of paintings did Griet's family say Vermeer paints?
(a) Catholic paintings.
(b) Evil paintings.
(c) Protestant paintings.
(d) Holy paintings.
2. What item caused Griet to understand that Vermeer did not love her?
(a) The color he uses.
(b) The hair comb.
(c) The portrait.
(d) The jewelry box.
3. What item did Cornelia suggest that Catharina wear?
4. How did Vermeer feel about Griet posing for a picture for van Ruijven?
(a) He likes the idea and agrees to do it.
(b) He does not like the idea and refuses to do it.
(c) He does not like the idea but agrees to do it.
(d) He likes the idea but does not agree to do it.
5. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
(a) Griet's mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Griet's family respond to Pieter's surprising them?
2. What is the name of one of Griet's sons?
3. What event was Vermeer emotionally torn about?
4. What was the color of the second piece of fabric for Griet's hair?
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pieter become impatient with Griet?
2. What is the significance behind the names of Griet's children?
3. Why did Vermeer seem extremely protective of Griet in Van Ruijven's presence?
4. What metaphorical ownership did Vermeer take over Griet?
5. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
6. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
7. How do the pearls show that Vermeer did not care about Griet?
8. What foreshadowing was evident when the portrait was finished?
9. How did Catharina react to the finished portrait?
10. What conflict did Vermeer's religion create for Griet's family?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)