|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vermeer do to show he did not care to defend Griet against Catharina?
(a) He kissed Catharina in front of Griet.
(b) He made the decision to make Griet leave.
(c) He did not tell Catharina about the pearls.
(d) He threw out the portrait of Griet.
2. Where is Griet standing when Tanneke approaches her?
(a) A shop at the market.
(b) Her own home.
(c) Butcher stall.
(d) Catharina's home.
3. Vermeer was using Griet for_____________.
4. Whose clothes did Vermeer want Griet to wear for the portrait?
(d) Griet's mother's.
5. Whom did Vermeer seem to want to protect Griet from the most?
(b) Van Ruijven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Griet and Peter first kiss?
2. What is the purpose of the final chapter of the novel?
3. Who told Griet that Vermeer only saw the world as he wanted it to be?
4. What was the color of one of the pieces of fabric Vermeer gave Griet to cover her hair in?
5. What body part did Vermeer tell Griet she must bare?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)