|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do the Vermeers owe Pieter?
(a) 10 guilders.
(b) 25 guilders.
(c) 15 guilders.
(d) 20 guilders.
2. What body part did Vermeer tell Griet she must bare?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her arms.
3. What is the name of Griet's second son?
4. What did Griet believe Vermeer would ask her to wear for the portrait?
(a) A wig.
(c) Catharina's dress.
(d) Pearl earrings.
5. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created a compromise for Catharina to trust that her jewelry box is safe?
2. Who would be in the portrait with Griet for van Ruijven?
3. What did Griet smell like when her parents become suspicious?
4. How did Vermeer feel about Griet posing for a picture for van Ruijven?
5. With what did Catharina attempt to attack the painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
2. Why did Vermeer want to see the portrait of Griet one last time?
3. Why did Catharina seem to fear Griet?
4. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
5. What is the significance behind the names of Griet's children?
6. What was most important to Vermeer?
7. How did Griet feel after Vermeer saw her hair?
8. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
9. What advice did Leeuwenhoek give to Griet?
10. What conflict did Vermeer's religion create for Griet's family?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)