|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important thing to Vermeer?
2. What is the purpose of the final chapter of the novel?
(a) To tie up story lines.â€ƒ
(b) To show the death of a symbol.
(c) To show that Griet is happy Catharina is poor.
(d) To show how much Vermeer loved Griet.
3. In what way are Catharina and Griet similar at the end of the novel?
(a) They are both rich.
(b) They are both victims.
(c) They are both angry.
(d) They are both happy.
4. How did Griet's family respond to Pieter's surprising them?
(a) They are angry.
(b) They do not notice him.
(c) They are embarrassed.
(d) They are welcoming.
5. What scene finalized Vermeer's metaphorical ownership of Griet?
(a) He finishes the painting.
(b) He pushes the earring into her ear.
(c) He changes the color of her head dress.
(d) He sees her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character set herself up to be disappointed by Vermeer?
2. How many months before Tanneke approaches Griet did she hear that Vermeer had died?
3. Who secretly handed Griet the pearl earrings?
4. What did Vermeer leave to Griet in his will?
5. At the end of the novel, how long has it been since Griet ran away?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)