|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
(a) She moved an important item.
(b) She looked at his paintings.
(c) She questioned him.
(d) She asked him to paint her portrait.
2. How many butchers were there in Market Square?
3. Whom did it seem that Vermeer was competing with most when it came to Griet?
(a) Pieter the Son.
(b) Van Ruijven.
4. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
(a) Two days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Ten days.
5. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month did Catharina send Griet to the apothecary for supplies for the sick boys?
2. How did Griet's mother want Griet to respond to the butcher's son?
3. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what kind of life would she be choosing?
4. At Griet's family's home, what was the usual dinner?
5. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Griet think about the camera obscura?
2. How did the plague affect Griet?
3. What kind of pressure was Vermeer under?
4. Who was Van Ruijven?
5. Who was Pieter, the butcher?
6. What aspect of Tanneke's personality was Griet moved by?
7. What did Vermeer and Catharina often fight about?
8. Who was Tanneke?
9. Why did Griet need to keep her involvement with Vermeer's paintings a secret?
10. Why did Maria agree to keep Griet's involvement in Vermeer's paintings a secret?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)