|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Griet do with her wages after her first week?
(a) She spends them on new clothing.
(b) She buys her family dinner.
(c) She gives them to her mother.
(d) She buys a visit to the doctor for her father.
2. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
(a) Camera larga.
(b) Camera miniature.
(c) Camera minusca.
(d) Camera obscura.
3. Whom did Tanneke jump in front of when Catharina was being hit?
(a) Catharina's brother.
(b) Vermeer's brother.
(d) Catharina's father.
4. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her nose.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her cheeks.
5. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
(a) Five days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the main secret keeper for Griet helping Vermeer?
2. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
3. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
4. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
5. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cornelia do with the tortoise shell combs?
2. What metaphorical ownership did Vermeer take over Griet?
3. How did Griet feel after Vermeer saw her hair?
4. How is helplessness a theme in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
5. Why did Griet's mother encourage her to accept Pieter's advances?
6. What family problems did Griet experience at her family's home?
7. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
8. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
9. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
10. Who was Pieter, the butcher?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)