|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Griet unable to sleep on her first night in the new home?
(a) A crucifix painting disturbed her.
(b) Cornelia was noisy.
(c) She had too much work to do.
(d) She was nervous about her next day of work.
2. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
(a) She asked him to paint her portrait.
(b) She moved an important item.
(c) She questioned him.
(d) She looked at his paintings.
3. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
(a) A window sill.
(b) A canister of paints.
(c) A door knob.
(d) A blue ball of fabric.
4. What color did Vermeer say the clouds were when the clouds worked together?
5. What was the name of the girl who followed Griet to the canal to fetch water?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many butchers were there in Market Square?
2. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
3. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
4. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
5. When Pieter the Son came to visit Griet, whom did she feel watching them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tanneke?
2. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
3. What did Vermeer and Pieter represent to Griet?
4. Why did Griet need to keep her involvement with Vermeer's paintings a secret?
5. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
6. Why did Maria agree to keep Griet's involvement in Vermeer's paintings a secret?
7. What did Vermeer and Catharina often fight about?
8. How did Griet feel caught between two men?
9. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
10. What family problems did Griet experience at her family's home?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)