Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
(a) They continue living normally out of shock.
(b) They never recover from the loss.
(c) They recover quickly.
(d) They are so divided they do not all know about her death.
2. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
3. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
4. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
(a) Camera obscura.
(b) Camera minusca.
(c) Camera miniature.
(d) Camera larga.
5. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
2. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
3. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
4. The plague had been found near the __________________.
5. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection did Griet and Vermeer have immediately?
2. What happened when Pieter met Griet's family at church?
3. What kind of pressure was Vermeer under?
4. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
5. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
6. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
7. Who was Cornelia Vermeer?
8. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
9. How did Vermeer treat Griet differently after he saw her hair?
10. How did rumors of Griet appearing in one of Vermeer's paintings affect her relationships?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)