|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
(b) Repairing clothing.
(c) Cleaning the studio.
(d) Washing laundry at the river.
2. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
(a) An extra pearl has been added to a necklace.
(b) An extra window has been added to a building.
(c) An extra person has been added.
(d) An extra flowers has been added to a vase.
3. What was the name of the girl who followed Griet to the canal to fetch water?
4. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The studio.
(d) The children's room.
5. What was the name of the Vermeers' butcher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
2. What was the name of the grandmother in the household?
3. What did Vermeer grind to make paint?
4. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
5. What room was Griet to be in charge of cleaning without appearing to have moved anything?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
2. Who was Pieter the Son?
3. What family problems did Griet experience at her family's home?
4. What did Vermeer and Catharina often fight about?
5. Why did Griet need to keep her involvement with Vermeer's paintings a secret?
6. What connection did Griet and Vermeer have immediately?
7. What aspect of Tanneke's personality was Griet moved by?
8. What role did Griet serve as a servant?
9. Why did Maria agree to keep Griet's involvement in Vermeer's paintings a secret?
10. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)