|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
2. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
3. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
4. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what kind of life would she be choosing?
(b) Life of vanity and beauty.
(c) Stable domestic life.
(d) Nomadic life.
5. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
(a) She believed it to be witchcraft and was scared.
(b) She found it amazing and beneficial.
(c) She wanted to use it herself.
(d) She pretended that it did not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
2. How many butchers were there in Market Square?
3. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
4. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
5. What color did Griet lay out for Vermeer to use on the butcher's daughter's skirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Maria agree to keep Griet's involvement in Vermeer's paintings a secret?
2. Who was Tanneke?
3. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
4. Why did Griet need to keep her involvement with Vermeer's paintings a secret?
5. What did Griet think about the camera obscura?
6. Who was Pieter the Son?
7. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
8. How did the plague affect Griet?
9. Who was Van Ruijven?
10. Describe Griet's first visit home after she began to work for the Vermeers.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)