|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Griet arrived home after the plague, where did her parents sit to meet her?
(a) Near the River.
(b) Huddled around a fire in the kitchen.
(c) On the porch.
(d) In the living room.
2. The plague had been found near the __________________.
(a) Geoff Canal.
(b) Crutchet Canal.
(c) Rietveld Canal.
(d) Riverdale Canal.
3. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
4. What color did Vermeer say the clouds were when the clouds worked together?
5. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Griet's father do?
2. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
3. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
4. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
5. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it hard for Vermeer to paint Griet?
2. What did the splitting of the tile symbolize?
3. Why did Griet keep her hair hidden?
4. Who was Pieter, the butcher?
5. Why did Vermeer want to see the portrait of Griet one last time?
6. What does Griet's hair symbolize?
7. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
8. What foreshadowing was evident when the portrait was finished?
9. How did Griet feel after cleaning out the studio?
10. Who was Cornelia Vermeer?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)