|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Griet's younger sister when Griet left?
2. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(b) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
(c) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(d) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
3. Who punched Griet in the stomach?
4. How many butchers were there in Market Square?
5. From Griet's perspective, Catholicism allowed for ___________________.
(a) Sexual deviancy.
(b) More conservative behavior.
(c) No belief in God.
(d) Less conservative behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vermeer grind to make paint?
2. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
3. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
4. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
5. Who was Griet's younger sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
2. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
3. How did Griet feel after cleaning out the studio?
4. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
5. Why did Griet need to keep her involvement with Vermeer's paintings a secret?
6. What role does the theme of life and death play in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
7. What role did competition play in Griet's time at the Vermeer home?
8. What family problems did Griet experience at her family's home?
9. What did Vermeer and Catharina often fight about?
10. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)