|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
2. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
(a) Sweeping the floor.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Arranging furniture.
3. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
(a) His religious paintings.
(b) His painting set.
(c) Paintings of his children.
(d) His painting in progress.
4. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(b) Salad vegetables.
(c) Stew vegetables.
(d) Fruit slices.
5. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
2. What side story was meant to highlight the complexity of Griet's move to the Vermeer home?
3. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
4. When Pieter the Son came to visit Griet, whom did she feel watching them?
5. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Griet's mother encourage her to accept Pieter's advances?
2. Who was Cornelia Vermeer?
3. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
4. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
5. What did Griet think about the camera obscura?
6. Who was Pieter, the butcher?
7. What aspect of Tanneke's personality was Griet moved by?
8. Describe Griet's first visit home after she began to work for the Vermeers.
9. What role did competition play in Griet's time at the Vermeer home?
10. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)