|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did it seem that Vermeer was competing with most when it came to Griet?
(a) Van Ruijven.
(d) Pieter the Son.
2. What did Griet do with her wages after her first week?
(a) She gives them to her mother.
(b) She buys a visit to the doctor for her father.
(c) She buys her family dinner.
(d) She spends them on new clothing.
3. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
(a) She moved an important item.
(b) She looked at his paintings.
(c) She asked him to paint her portrait.
(d) She questioned him.
4. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
5. From what perspective is the story told?
(a) Third person, present tense.
(b) First person, past tense.
(c) Third person, past tense.
(d) First person, present tense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
2. What happened when Griet began to obsess about the plague?
3. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
4. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
5. In what month did Catharina send Griet to the apothecary for supplies for the sick boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Griet's first visit home after she began to work for the Vermeers.
2. What role did Griet serve as a servant?
3. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
4. Who was Pieter the Son?
5. What aspect of Tanneke's personality was Griet moved by?
6. Why did Maria agree to keep Griet's involvement in Vermeer's paintings a secret?
7. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
8. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
9. How did Griet feel caught between two men?
10. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)