|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Cornelia most resemble?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. Whom did it seem that Vermeer was competing with most when it came to Griet?
(a) Pieter the Son.
(d) Van Ruijven.
3. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The study.
(b) The children's room.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The studio.
4. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
(a) A home.
(b) A store.
(c) An empty field.
(d) A boy and a girl.
5. What did Griet learn about the Vermeer family as she began her second week at work?
(a) They are living off of Catherina's mother's money.
(b) They are short on money.
(c) They are not very smart.
(d) Catherina and Johannes do not love each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Griet's sister's death symbolize?
2. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
3. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
4. What was Griet's first chore at her new home?
5. How did Griet's mother want Griet to respond to the butcher's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Tanneke?
2. How is helplessness a theme in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
3. What did Vermeer and Pieter represent to Griet?
4. What did Vermeer and Catharina often fight about?
5. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
6. What aspect of Tanneke's personality was Griet moved by?
7. How did Griet feel after cleaning out the studio?
8. What role did Griet serve as a servant?
9. Who was Cornelia Vermeer?
10. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)