|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is too young to be so vain.
(b) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
(c) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
(d) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
2. In what month did Catharina send Griet to the apothecary for supplies for the sick boys?
3. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
4. Who punched Griet in the stomach?
5. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
2. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
3. What does the "camera" symbolize?
4. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what would she lose?
5. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Griet's first visit home after she began to work for the Vermeers.
2. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
3. What did Vermeer and Pieter represent to Griet?
4. How is helplessness a theme in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
5. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
6. Who was Van Ruijven?
7. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
8. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
9. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
10. What did the splitting of the tile symbolize?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)