|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
2. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
3. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(a) Tile factory.
(d) Art studio.
4. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
(a) Cleaning the studio.
(c) Washing laundry at the river.
(d) Repairing clothing.
5. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
(b) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
(c) She is too young to be so vain.
(d) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
2. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
3. What does the "camera" symbolize?
4. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
5. Whom did Tanneke jump in front of when Catharina was being hit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the splitting of the tile symbolize?
2. How did Griet feel after cleaning out the studio?
3. Who was Van Ruijven?
4. What did Griet think about the camera obscura?
5. Who was Tanneke?
6. What kind of pressure was Vermeer under?
7. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
8. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
9. Describe Griet's first visit home after she began to work for the Vermeers.
10. What did Vermeer and Griet bond over?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)