|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
2. What was Griet's first chore at her new home?
3. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
4. What did Catharina break that once belonged to van Leeuwenhoek?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A cup.
(c) A camera.
(d) A box.
5. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
(a) Some money.
(b) A package of meat.
(c) A bag of vegetables.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Griet's younger sister when Griet left?
2. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
3. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
4. What did Griet think about Pieter the Son?
5. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Griet's idea of Vermeer's art differ from Catharina's?
2. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
3. How did Griet feel after cleaning out the studio?
4. What did Vermeer and Pieter represent to Griet?
5. What was Griet's first impression of the Vermeer family?
6. What role did competition play in Griet's time at the Vermeer home?
7. What kind of pressure was Vermeer under?
8. How is helplessness a theme in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
9. What family problems did Griet experience at her family's home?
10. Why did Maria agree to keep Griet's involvement in Vermeer's paintings a secret?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)