Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion were the Vermeers?
2. From what perspective is the story told?
(a) Third person, present tense.
(b) First person, present tense.
(c) Third person, past tense.
(d) First person, past tense.
3. Why wasn't Griet allowed to visit her family?
(a) She might not work as well.
(b) She might not return.
(c) She might die from the plague.
(d) She might bring the plague back with her.
4. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
(a) Black Plague.
5. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
(a) Pouring water into a basin.
(b) Cleaning up blood.
(c) Packaging meat.
(d) Cutting meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "camera" symbolize?
2. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
3. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
4. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
5. What was the name of the grandmother in the household?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Griet visits the Vermeers ten years later, in what condition is the family?
2. What does Griet's hair symbolize?
3. How did Catharina react to the finished portrait?
4. What connection did Griet and Vermeer have immediately?
5. Why did Griet need to keep her involvement with Vermeer's paintings a secret?
6. How is helplessness a theme in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
7. Why did Griet have sex with Pieter in the alley?
8. Who was Pieter the Son?
9. What were some of the class differences between Griet and the Vermeers?
10. Who was Tanneke?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)