|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(a) Fruit slices.
(b) Salad vegetables.
(d) Stew vegetables.
2. Whom did it seem that Vermeer was competing with most when it came to Griet?
(b) Pieter the Son.
(d) Van Ruijven.
3. How old was Griet's younger sister when Griet left?
4. Whom did Griet find to tell that her sister was sick?
(c) Pieter the Son.
5. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
2. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
3. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
4. What happened when Griet began to obsess about the plague?
5. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Griet's hair symbolize?
2. Why did Griet's mother encourage her to accept Pieter's advances?
3. How did Griet feel after cleaning out the studio?
4. What did the splitting of the tile symbolize?
5. What role does the theme of life and death play in Girl with a Pearl Earring?
6. How did Griet's arrival at the Vermeer home go?
7. What does Vermeer's will say about Griet?
8. Was Vermeer protective of Griet?
9. Why did Catharina seem to fear Griet?
10. Why did Vermeer want to see the portrait of Griet one last time?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)