|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
2. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(b) Fruit slices.
(c) Stew vegetables.
(d) Salad vegetables.
3. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(b) Tile factory.
(c) Art studio.
4. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
(a) Chopping vegetables.
(b) Washing laundry.
(c) Feeding farm animals.
(d) Watching after children.
5. What was the name of the Vermeers' butcher?
6. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
(a) She does not seem to notice.
(b) She is annoyed.
(c) She notices but ignores it.
(d) She seems relieved.
7. Whom did Griet find to tell that her sister was sick?
(b) Pieter the Son.
8. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
9. What did Griet think about Pieter the Son?
(a) Their lives will become intertwined.
(b) They are going to fall in love.
(c) They will never see each other again.
(d) They are going to become enemies.
10. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The river.
(d) The studio.
11. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Work at the butcher shop.
(b) Sell portraits on the streets.
(c) Get a job in tile painting.
(d) Paint faster.
12. Who caught Griet inspecting the wooden box?
13. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
(a) Van Amberson.
(b) Van Andelyn.
(c) Van Burne.
(d) Van Ruijven.
14. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
15. What religion were the Vermeers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
2. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
3. What did Vermeer grind to make paint?
4. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
5. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)