|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Griet's mother want Griet to respond to the butcher's son?
(a) To ignore his attention.
(b) To encourage him to marry her right away.
(c) To pretend that she does not understand his advances.
(d) To welcome his attention.
2. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
3. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(b) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
(c) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(d) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
4. According to Pieter the Son, who had fallen ill with the plague?
(a) Griet's brother.
(b) Griet's father.
(c) Griet's sister.
(d) Griet's mother.
5. Whom did Tanneke jump in front of when Catharina was being hit?
(a) Catharina's brother.
(b) Vermeer's brother.
(d) Catharina's father.
6. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
7. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
(a) Paintings of his children.
(b) His painting set.
(c) His religious paintings.
(d) His painting in progress.
8. Whom did it seem that Vermeer was competing with most when it came to Griet?
(a) Van Ruijven.
(d) Pieter the Son.
9. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
10. At first, Vermeer told Griet the clouds were ____________.
(d) A combination of many colors.
11. Who punched Griet in the stomach?
12. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(b) Tile factory.
(d) Art studio.
13. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The study.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The children's room.
(d) The studio.
14. Griet was raised as a ____________.
15. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
(a) Black Plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Vermeer that he should paint Griet?
2. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
3. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what would she lose?
4. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
5. What did Griet's sister's death symbolize?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)