|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Griet unable to sleep on her first night in the new home?
(a) A crucifix painting disturbed her.
(b) She had too much work to do.
(c) She was nervous about her next day of work.
(d) Cornelia was noisy.
2. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is too young to be so vain.
(b) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
(c) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
(d) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
3. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The studio.
(d) The river.
4. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
(a) His painting in progress.
(b) Paintings of his children.
(c) His religious paintings.
(d) His painting set.
5. What happened when Griet began to obsess about the plague?
(a) Her work began to suffer.
(b) She was forced to stay in her room.
(c) She was almost fired.
(d) She was allowed to visit her family.
6. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her cheeks.
(d) Her eyes.
7. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
8. When Catharina gave birth after the death of Griet's sister, what did she name her new son?
9. What drink was served for dinner at Griet's new home?
(d) Apple juice.
10. Whom did Cornelia most resemble?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
11. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
12. What did Griet do with her wages after her first week?
(a) She buys her family dinner.
(b) She gives them to her mother.
(c) She spends them on new clothing.
(d) She buys a visit to the doctor for her father.
13. What color did Vermeer say the clouds were when the clouds worked together?
14. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
15. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(a) Art studio.
(b) Tile factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
2. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
3. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
4. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
5. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)