|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
2. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(a) Tile factory.
(d) Art studio.
3. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(b) Salad vegetables.
(c) Stew vegetables.
(d) Fruit slices.
4. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
5. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
6. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
(a) A blue ball of fabric.
(b) A window sill.
(c) A door knob.
(d) A canister of paints.
7. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(b) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
(c) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
(d) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
8. What was Griet's first chore at her new home?
9. Whom did Griet find to tell that her sister was sick?
(b) Pieter the Son.
10. What job did Griet's father do?
(c) Tile painter.
11. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
12. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
(d) Black Plague.
13. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She does not seem to notice.
(c) She seems relieved.
(d) She notices but ignores it.
14. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
(a) Her nose.
(b) Her cheeks.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her eyes.
15. What color did Griet lay out for Vermeer to use on the butcher's daughter's skirt?
(a) A combination of many colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
2. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
3. Why was Griet unable to sleep on her first night in the new home?
4. Whom did Tanneke jump in front of when Catharina was being hit?
5. From Griet's perspective, Catholicism allowed for ___________________.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)