|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't Griet allowed to visit her family?
(a) She might not return.
(b) She might bring the plague back with her.
(c) She might not work as well.
(d) She might die from the plague.
2. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
3. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
4. What was the name of the Vermeers' butcher?
5. What did Catharina break that once belonged to van Leeuwenhoek?
(a) A camera.
(b) A box.
(c) A cup.
(d) A telescope.
6. What drink was served for dinner at Griet's new home?
(b) Apple juice.
7. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Paint faster.
(b) Work at the butcher shop.
(c) Get a job in tile painting.
(d) Sell portraits on the streets.
8. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
(a) Camera minusca.
(b) Camera larga.
(c) Camera obscura.
(d) Camera miniature.
9. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
10. At first, Vermeer told Griet the clouds were ____________.
(b) A combination of many colors.
11. What religion were the Vermeers?
12. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
(a) Some money.
(b) A package of meat.
(c) A bag of vegetables.
(d) A book.
13. What job did Griet's father do?
(c) Tile painter.
14. Why was Griet unable to sleep on her first night in the new home?
(a) She had too much work to do.
(b) A crucifix painting disturbed her.
(c) Cornelia was noisy.
(d) She was nervous about her next day of work.
15. Who was the main secret keeper for Griet helping Vermeer?
Short Answer Questions
1. At Griet's family's home, what was the usual dinner?
2. When Griet arrived home after the plague, where did her parents sit to meet her?
3. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
4. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
5. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)