|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
(a) An extra window has been added to a building.
(b) An extra flowers has been added to a vase.
(c) An extra pearl has been added to a necklace.
(d) An extra person has been added.
2. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
(a) Arranging furniture.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
3. What color did Vermeer say the clouds were when the clouds worked together?
4. Griet was raised as a ____________.
5. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
6. What was Griet's first chore at her new home?
7. Whom did Cornelia most resemble?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. When Griet saw herself in Vermeer's mirror, what did she think of herself?
(a) She was ugly.
(b) She was beautiful.
(c) She was overweight.
(d) She was too thin.
9. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(b) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(c) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
(d) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
10. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The studio.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The study.
(d) The children's room.
11. From Griet's perspective, Catholicism allowed for ___________________.
(a) Sexual deviancy.
(b) Less conservative behavior.
(c) No belief in God.
(d) More conservative behavior.
12. According to Pieter the Son, who had fallen ill with the plague?
(a) Griet's sister.
(b) Griet's mother.
(c) Griet's father.
(d) Griet's brother.
13. What did Griet think about Pieter the Son?
(a) Their lives will become intertwined.
(b) They will never see each other again.
(c) They are going to fall in love.
(d) They are going to become enemies.
14. The plague had been found near the __________________.
(a) Crutchet Canal.
(b) Riverdale Canal.
(c) Rietveld Canal.
(d) Geoff Canal.
15. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She notices but ignores it.
(c) She seems relieved.
(d) She does not seem to notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what perspective is the story told?
2. What does the "camera" symbolize?
3. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
4. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
5. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what would she lose?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)