|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion were the Vermeers?
2. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
(a) Packaging meat.
(b) Cleaning up blood.
(c) Cutting meat.
(d) Pouring water into a basin.
3. What did Griet do with her wages after her first week?
(a) She gives them to her mother.
(b) She spends them on new clothing.
(c) She buys a visit to the doctor for her father.
(d) She buys her family dinner.
4. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her cheeks.
5. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
6. Who caught Griet inspecting the wooden box?
7. Why was Griet unable to sleep on her first night in the new home?
(a) A crucifix painting disturbed her.
(b) She was nervous about her next day of work.
(c) She had too much work to do.
(d) Cornelia was noisy.
8. Whom did Cornelia most resemble?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
9. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
10. How many butchers were there in Market Square?
11. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
(b) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(c) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(d) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
12. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
(a) She looked at his paintings.
(b) She questioned him.
(c) She asked him to paint her portrait.
(d) She moved an important item.
13. From Griet's perspective, Catholicism allowed for ___________________.
(a) Less conservative behavior.
(b) No belief in God.
(c) Sexual deviancy.
(d) More conservative behavior.
14. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
(a) His religious paintings.
(b) His painting set.
(c) His painting in progress.
(d) Paintings of his children.
15. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
(a) Family portraits.
(d) Valuable furniture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
2. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
3. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
4. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what would she lose?
5. The plague had been found near the __________________.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)