|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
(a) They continue living normally out of shock.
(b) They never recover from the loss.
(c) They recover quickly.
(d) They are so divided they do not all know about her death.
2. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
3. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
4. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
(a) Camera obscura.
(b) Camera minusca.
(c) Camera miniature.
(d) Camera larga.
5. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
6. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(c) Art studio.
(d) Tile factory.
7. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
8. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Sell portraits on the streets.
(b) Get a job in tile painting.
(c) Work at the butcher shop.
(d) Paint faster.
9. The plague had been found near the __________________.
(a) Rietveld Canal.
(b) Riverdale Canal.
(c) Geoff Canal.
(d) Crutchet Canal.
10. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
(a) She found it amazing and beneficial.
(b) She believed it to be witchcraft and was scared.
(c) She pretended that it did not exist.
(d) She wanted to use it herself.
11. At first, Vermeer told Griet the clouds were ____________.
(c) A combination of many colors.
12. What did Griet think about Pieter the Son?
(a) They are going to fall in love.
(b) They are going to become enemies.
(c) Their lives will become intertwined.
(d) They will never see each other again.
13. What room was Griet to be in charge of cleaning without appearing to have moved anything?
(b) Vermeer's studio.
(d) Children's room.
14. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
15. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
(a) Pouring water into a basin.
(b) Cleaning up blood.
(c) Cutting meat.
(d) Packaging meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
2. When Griet saw herself in Vermeer's mirror, what did she think of herself?
3. Who caught Griet inspecting the wooden box?
4. Griet's attic room was above __________.
5. What did Griet learn about the Vermeer family as she began her second week at work?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)