|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
2. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
3. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
(a) Cutting meat.
(b) Cleaning up blood.
(c) Pouring water into a basin.
(d) Packaging meat.
4. How did Griet's mother want Griet to respond to the butcher's son?
(a) To ignore his attention.
(b) To welcome his attention.
(c) To encourage him to marry her right away.
(d) To pretend that she does not understand his advances.
5. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
(a) Arranging furniture.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
6. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
7. What did Catharina break that once belonged to van Leeuwenhoek?
(a) A telescope.
(b) A camera.
(c) A cup.
(d) A box.
8. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The studio.
(d) The children's room.
9. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
(a) An extra person has been added.
(b) An extra window has been added to a building.
(c) An extra flowers has been added to a vase.
(d) An extra pearl has been added to a necklace.
10. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
(b) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(c) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(d) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
11. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(a) Stew vegetables.
(c) Salad vegetables.
(d) Fruit slices.
12. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She does not seem to notice.
(c) She seems relieved.
(d) She notices but ignores it.
13. Who punched Griet in the stomach?
14. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
15. Whom did Tanneke jump in front of when Catharina was being hit?
(a) Catharina's father.
(b) Vermeer's brother.
(d) Catharina's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
2. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
3. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
4. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
5. Why wasn't Griet allowed to visit her family?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)