|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "camera" symbolize?
(a) The way Vermeer represents immorality.
(b) The way Vermeer idealizes technology.
(c) The way Vermeer sees the world.
(d) The way Griet views Vermeer.
2. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
(a) She thought Griet would be happy with him.
(b) She wanted money.
(c) She wanted to see Griet unahppy.
(d) She wanted food.
3. What color did Griet lay out for Vermeer to use on the butcher's daughter's skirt?
(c) A combination of many colors.
4. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
5. When Catharina gave birth after the death of Griet's sister, what did she name her new son?
6. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
(b) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
(c) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
(d) She is too young to be so vain.
7. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
(a) Repairing clothing.
(c) Cleaning the studio.
(d) Washing laundry at the river.
8. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
(a) An extra person has been added.
(b) An extra pearl has been added to a necklace.
(c) An extra window has been added to a building.
(d) An extra flowers has been added to a vase.
9. What did Griet learn about the Vermeer family as she began her second week at work?
(a) They are not very smart.
(b) Catherina and Johannes do not love each other.
(c) They are living off of Catherina's mother's money.
(d) They are short on money.
10. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
(c) Tile factory.
(d) Art studio.
11. What drink was served for dinner at Griet's new home?
(d) Apple juice.
12. How many butchers were there in Market Square?
13. Who was the main secret keeper for Griet helping Vermeer?
14. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
15. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The children's room.
(c) The study.
(d) The studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
2. When Griet saw herself in Vermeer's mirror, what did she think of herself?
3. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
4. At Griet's family's home, what was the usual dinner?
5. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)