|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The studio.
(c) The river.
(d) The kitchen.
2. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
3. Whom did Cornelia most resemble?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. Who told Vermeer that he should paint Griet?
(a) Van Ruijven.
5. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
6. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
(a) A store.
(b) A home.
(c) An empty field.
(d) A boy and a girl.
7. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
8. Griet was raised as a ____________.
9. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
(a) Family portraits.
(b) Valuable furniture.
10. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
(b) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(c) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
(d) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
11. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
12. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Sell portraits on the streets.
(b) Work at the butcher shop.
(c) Paint faster.
(d) Get a job in tile painting.
13. What drink was served for dinner at Griet's new home?
(d) Apple juice.
14. What color did Vermeer say the clouds were when the clouds worked together?
15. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
2. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
3. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
4. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
5. What was the name of the girl who followed Griet to the canal to fetch water?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)