|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
(a) Pouring water into a basin.
(b) Cutting meat.
(c) Packaging meat.
(d) Cleaning up blood.
2. What side story was meant to highlight the complexity of Griet's move to the Vermeer home?
(a) The death of Griet's sister.
(b) Griet's frequent trips to visit her brother.
(c) Griet's vanity.
(d) The plague's effects on the town.
3. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
4. What happened when Griet began to obsess about the plague?
(a) Her work began to suffer.
(b) She was forced to stay in her room.
(c) She was allowed to visit her family.
(d) She was almost fired.
5. With whom did Tanneke share a room?
(b) The children.
(c) The nurse.
6. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
(a) Van Burne.
(b) Van Andelyn.
(c) Van Ruijven.
(d) Van Amberson.
7. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
8. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(b) Fruit slices.
(c) Stew vegetables.
(d) Salad vegetables.
9. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(b) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
(c) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(d) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
10. What color did Griet lay out for Vermeer to use on the butcher's daughter's skirt?
(a) A combination of many colors.
11. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Two days.
12. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
(b) Cleaning the studio.
(c) Repairing clothing.
(d) Washing laundry at the river.
13. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
(a) She wanted money.
(b) She wanted to see Griet unahppy.
(c) She thought Griet would be happy with him.
(d) She wanted food.
14. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
(a) A book.
(b) Some money.
(c) A bag of vegetables.
(d) A package of meat.
15. Why wasn't Griet allowed to visit her family?
(a) She might not work as well.
(b) She might die from the plague.
(c) She might bring the plague back with her.
(d) She might not return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
2. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
3. What does the "camera" symbolize?
4. What was the name of the girl who followed Griet to the canal to fetch water?
5. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)