|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The studio.
(b) The study.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The children's room.
2. Griet thinks that her own best feature is __________.
(a) Her cheeks.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her nose.
(d) Her eyes.
3. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
(a) A window sill.
(b) A blue ball of fabric.
(c) A door knob.
(d) A canister of paints.
4. What did Griet think about Pieter the Son?
(a) They will never see each other again.
(b) Their lives will become intertwined.
(c) They are going to become enemies.
(d) They are going to fall in love.
5. How did Griet's family react to the death of the youngest daughter?
(a) They recover quickly.
(b) They never recover from the loss.
(c) They are so divided they do not all know about her death.
(d) They continue living normally out of shock.
6. What job did Griet's father do?
(a) Tile painter.
7. What side story was meant to highlight the complexity of Griet's move to the Vermeer home?
(a) The plague's effects on the town.
(b) The death of Griet's sister.
(c) Griet's frequent trips to visit her brother.
(d) Griet's vanity.
8. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
(b) Valuable furniture.
(d) Family portraits.
9. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
(a) She wanted to use it herself.
(b) She pretended that it did not exist.
(c) She found it amazing and beneficial.
(d) She believed it to be witchcraft and was scared.
10. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
(d) Black Plague.
11. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(b) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
(c) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(d) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
12. What is the role of a maid in Griet's world?
(a) To remain unseen.
(b) To remain quiet and work.
(c) To ensure that her employers exercise good judgment.
(d) To become friends to the employers.
13. Whom did Griet bond with most before beginning work at her new home?
14. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Work at the butcher shop.
(b) Paint faster.
(c) Sell portraits on the streets.
(d) Get a job in tile painting.
15. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
(a) Some money.
(b) A package of meat.
(c) A bag of vegetables.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
2. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
3. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
4. Who was the main secret keeper for Griet helping Vermeer?
5. Who broke Griet's favorite tile?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)