|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vermeer grind to make paint?
(a) Animal horns.
(d) Vegetables and fruits.
2. At Griet's family's home, what was the usual dinner?
3. Who was the main secret keeper for Griet helping Vermeer?
4. What food did Vermeer and Griet bond over initially?
(b) Stew vegetables.
(c) Salad vegetables.
(d) Fruit slices.
5. Whom did Griet find to tell that her sister was sick?
(c) Pieter the Son.
6. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
(a) She is annoyed.
(b) She notices but ignores it.
(c) She does not seem to notice.
(d) She seems relieved.
7. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The children's room.
(b) The study.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The studio.
8. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
(a) A window sill.
(b) A canister of paints.
(c) A blue ball of fabric.
(d) A door knob.
9. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
10. Whom did it seem that Vermeer was competing with most when it came to Griet?
(a) Van Ruijven.
(c) Pieter the Son.
11. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
(a) When Vermeer was on a trip.
(b) When Vermeer's painting was finished.
(c) When Vermeer's paintings were sold.
(d) When she was ordered by Catharina to do it out of spite.
12. When Pieter the Son came to visit Griet, whom did she feel watching them?
13. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
(a) Chopping vegetables.
(b) Feeding farm animals.
(c) Washing laundry.
(d) Watching after children.
14. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
15. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
(a) A bag of vegetables.
(b) A package of meat.
(c) Some money.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Vermeer that he should paint Griet?
2. What did Griet's sister's death symbolize?
3. What was the name of the Vermeers' butcher?
4. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what kind of life would she be choosing?
5. The plague had been found near the __________________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)