|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Griet's younger sister when Griet left?
2. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
3. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
4. In what month did Catharina send Griet to the apothecary for supplies for the sick boys?
5. Who was the main secret keeper for Griet helping Vermeer?
6. At first, Vermeer told Griet the clouds were ____________.
(b) A combination of many colors.
7. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The river.
(d) The studio.
8. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
(a) She wanted to use it herself.
(b) She believed it to be witchcraft and was scared.
(c) She found it amazing and beneficial.
(d) She pretended that it did not exist.
9. What color did Vermeer say the clouds were when the clouds worked together?
10. Who watched Griet with a smirk as she almost touched the pearls sitting out in the studio?
11. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
(b) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
(c) She is too young to be so vain.
(d) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
12. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
13. Whom did Cornelia most resemble?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
14. Griet's attic room was above __________.
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The children's room.
(c) The studio.
(d) The study.
15. Why wasn't Griet allowed to visit her family?
(a) She might not work as well.
(b) She might not return.
(c) She might die from the plague.
(d) She might bring the plague back with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
2. What did Griet learn about the Vermeer family as she began her second week at work?
3. From what perspective is the story told?
4. Who caught Griet inspecting the wooden box?
5. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)