|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vermeer grind to make paint?
(a) Animal horns.
(d) Vegetables and fruits.
2. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
3. What job did Griet's father do?
(a) Tile painter.
4. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
5. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Paint faster.
(b) Sell portraits on the streets.
(c) Work at the butcher shop.
(d) Get a job in tile painting.
6. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
7. Whom did Griet find to tell that her sister was sick?
(c) Pieter the Son.
8. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
(b) Valuable furniture.
(d) Family portraits.
9. What side story was meant to highlight the complexity of Griet's move to the Vermeer home?
(a) The death of Griet's sister.
(b) Griet's frequent trips to visit her brother.
(c) Griet's vanity.
(d) The plague's effects on the town.
10. What happened when Griet began to obsess about the plague?
(a) She was allowed to visit her family.
(b) Her work began to suffer.
(c) She was almost fired.
(d) She was forced to stay in her room.
11. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
(a) His religious paintings.
(b) His painting in progress.
(c) Paintings of his children.
(d) His painting set.
12. What was the main reason Griet's mother wanted Griet to marry Pieter?
(a) She wanted to see Griet unahppy.
(b) She thought Griet would be happy with him.
(c) She wanted food.
(d) She wanted money.
13. Who caught Griet inspecting the wooden box?
14. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
15. What religion were the Vermeers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
2. Griet was raised as a ____________.
3. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
4. When Pieter the Son came to visit Griet, whom did she feel watching them?
5. What does the "camera" symbolize?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)