|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Vermeers' butcher?
2. After the suggestion that he should paint Griet, how did Vermeer act toward her?
3. Where did Griet learn she would be sleeping in her new home?
4. Why was Griet unable to sleep on her first night in the new home?
(a) A crucifix painting disturbed her.
(b) She was nervous about her next day of work.
(c) She had too much work to do.
(d) Cornelia was noisy.
5. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what kind of life would she be choosing?
(a) Life of vanity and beauty.
(c) Stable domestic life.
(d) Nomadic life.
6. Who or what was on the tile that Griet's father gave her?
(a) A boy and a girl.
(b) A home.
(c) A store.
(d) An empty field.
7. Griet knew that ________ was going to be trouble for her.
8. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
(a) Black Plague.
9. According to Pieter the Son, who had fallen ill with the plague?
(a) Griet's mother.
(b) Griet's brother.
(c) Griet's sister.
(d) Griet's father.
10. What was the only piece in the studio that Griet did not clean?
(a) A canister of paints.
(b) A blue ball of fabric.
(c) A door knob.
(d) A window sill.
11. What color did Cornelia smear on Griet's apron?
12. What did Vermeer grind to make paint?
(b) Animal horns.
(c) Vegetables and fruits.
13. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
14. When Griet arrived home after the plague, where did her parents sit to meet her?
(a) On the porch.
(b) In the living room.
(c) Near the River.
(d) Huddled around a fire in the kitchen.
15. Who punched Griet in the stomach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "camera" symbolize?
2. What did Catharina break that once belonged to van Leeuwenhoek?
3. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
4. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
5. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)