Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
2. At the opening of the novel, what was Griet doing?
3. What was Griet able to tell about the visitors just from the timbre of their voices?
4. How did the pregnant woman react to her husband's attention spent on Griet?
5. What job did Griet's father do?
6. What room was Griet to be in charge of cleaning without appearing to have moved anything?
7. Who was Griet's younger sister?
8. Where did Frans go to start an apprenticeship?
This section contains 3,867 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)