|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1666, Pages 183 - 203.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of paintings did Griet's family say Vermeer paints?
(a) Holy paintings.
(b) Evil paintings.
(c) Catholic paintings.
(d) Protestant paintings.
2. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
3. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
(a) She found it amazing and beneficial.
(b) She wanted to use it herself.
(c) She believed it to be witchcraft and was scared.
(d) She pretended that it did not exist.
4. What was the color of one of the pieces of fabric Vermeer gave Griet to cover her hair in?
5. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
(a) They are Christian.
(b) They are Catholic.
(c) They are Protestant.
(d) They are not religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Catharina, how did Vermeer feel about Griet's first cleaning of the studio?
2. How did Vermeer feel about Griet posing for a picture for van Ruijven?
3. What does the "camera" symbolize?
4. What did Catharina keep in the studio that needed to be locked?
5. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)