|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1665, Pages 150 - 180.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the grandmother in the household?
2. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Paint faster.
(b) Work at the butcher shop.
(c) Sell portraits on the streets.
(d) Get a job in tile painting.
3. Whom did Griet find to tell that her sister was sick?
(d) Pieter the Son.
4. What was the name of the Vermeers' butcher?
5. What did Griet think about the box Vermeer used when painting?
(a) She wanted to use it herself.
(b) She believed it to be witchcraft and was scared.
(c) She found it amazing and beneficial.
(d) She pretended that it did not exist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Griet's father do?
2. Who was the only one to speak kindly to Griet after her sister died?
3. On what day did Griet return home for her first day off since moving away?
4. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
5. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)