|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1664, Pages 73 - 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the owner of Vermeer's painting of the lady at the window?
(a) Van Burne.
(b) Van Amberson.
(c) Van Ruijven.
(d) Van Andelyn.
2. What chore did Griet look forward to most?
(a) Washing laundry at the river.
(c) Cleaning the studio.
(d) Repairing clothing.
3. How old was Griet's younger sister when Griet left?
4. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
(a) The river.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The studio.
5. How many days did it take to prepare the celebration feast for the new baby?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what kind of life would she be choosing?
2. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
3. What room was Griet to be in charge of cleaning without appearing to have moved anything?
4. What is the role of a maid in Griet's world?
5. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)