|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1664, Pages 73 - 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the head maid in Griet's new home?
2. What did Catharina want Johannes to do for the family to get more money?
(a) Sell portraits on the streets.
(b) Paint faster.
(c) Get a job in tile painting.
(d) Work at the butcher shop.
3. What did Griet learn about the Vermeer family as she began her second week at work?
(a) They are short on money.
(b) They are living off of Catherina's mother's money.
(c) They are not very smart.
(d) Catherina and Johannes do not love each other.
4. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is too young to be so vain.
(b) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
(c) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
(d) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
5. When Pieter the Son came to visit Griet, whom did she feel watching them?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Griet allowed to completely clean the studio?
2. How did Griet overstep her boundaries with Vermeer?
3. What did Griet see in Vermeer's studio that allowed her to feel a deepening connection to him?
4. How old was Griet when she moved in with the Vermeers?
5. What drink was served for dinner at Griet's new home?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)