|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1666, Pages 203 - 229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Griet feel most at peace?
(a) The studio.
(b) The river.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What is the name of the item that reversed the image of a painting into a mirror?
(a) Camera miniature.
(b) Camera larga.
(c) Camera obscura.
(d) Camera minusca.
3. Who placed the pearl earring into Griet's ear?
4. How did Griet feel when Pieter met her family?
5. How did Griet perceive her own vanity?
(a) She is a young lady and should take advantage of her beauty.
(b) She is a maid and should not feel any vanity.
(c) She is not naive enough to give in to vanity and beauty.
(d) She is too young to be so vain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of Tanneke's personality moved Griet after she talked to Pieter?
2. At first, Vermeer told Griet the clouds were ____________.
3. What is the role of a maid in Griet's world?
4. If Griet were to choose Pieter the Son, what would she lose?
5. Who caught Griet inspecting the wooden box?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)