|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1666, Pages 203 - 229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
(a) Sweeping the floor.
(b) Arranging furniture.
(c) Washing windows.
2. What did Pieter the Son give Griet to take to her family?
(a) A package of meat.
(b) A book.
(c) Some money.
(d) A bag of vegetables.
3. What difference did Griet see in the painting in progress?
(a) An extra window has been added to a building.
(b) An extra flowers has been added to a vase.
(c) An extra pearl has been added to a necklace.
(d) An extra person has been added.
4. Whom did Griet tell about Cornelia's plotting and scheming?
5. What body part did Vermeer tell Griet she must bare?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her arms.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pieter the Son show up uninvited, surprising Griet and her family?
2. Catharina was willing to sell out the fidelity in her marriage for ___________.
3. In what month did Catharina send Griet to the apothecary for supplies for the sick boys?
4. What was the most important thing to Vermeer?
5. In the portrait Vermeer paints of a maid for Van Ruijven, what was the woman doing?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)