|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 1666, Pages 203 - 229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of death for Griet's sister?
(c) Black Plague.
2. What was the butcher's daughter doing in Vermeer's new painting?
(a) Cleaning up blood.
(b) Packaging meat.
(c) Cutting meat.
(d) Pouring water into a basin.
3. What did Vermeer say about the role of religion in his paintings?
(a) They are Christian.
(b) They are Catholic.
(c) They are not religious.
(d) They are Protestant.
4. What was Griet doing when Vermeer walked in to the studio and seemed inexplicably taken with her?
(a) Washing windows.
(b) Arranging furniture.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
5. Who beat Cornelia?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Griet's first chore at her new home?
2. What event was Vermeer emotionally torn about?
3. What color dress did van Ruijven's new maid wear?
4. Why did Catharina consider moving Griet from the attic room?
5. Which item was symbolic of Griet's fear of sexuality?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)