|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pete lie awake thinking about?
(a) When he helped Trisha with the strap on her bag.
(b) How to make friends.
(c) His parents getting back together.
(d) The moment he realized Trisha was gone.
2. How does Trisha think her mother will describe her to people?
(a) She is very skinny.
(b) She has big, blue eyes.
(c) She is tall for her age.
(d) She has long, red hair.
3. When Trisha starts running through the woods, she is stopped by what?
(a) A tree.
(b) A boulder.
(c) A creek.
(d) An angry fox.
4. Who does Trisha imagine is in the woods protecting her?
(b) Her father.
(c) Tom Gordon.
(d) The unseen "thing."
5. What ailment does Trisha wake up with after her first night in the forest?
(a) A stiff neck.
(b) A bruised forehead.
(c) A headache.
(d) Sore feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Trisha call out to in the woods in Chapter 6?
2. The "thing" following Trisha, seems to prey on what kind of people?
3. What does Larry always call Trisha?
4. How far into the trail does the family walk when Quilla and Pete begin to argue?
5. What does Trisha consume first from her lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Trisha end up at the edge of a cliff?
2. Why does Trisha begin to feel invisible while she is on the trail with her mother and brother?
3. Why does Trisha begin to think she will not live through the night in Chapter 7?
4. Why do the police begin to look for a man named Mazzerole?
5. Why does Trisha not eat a large clump of fiddleheads that she sees?
6. What does Trisha imagine to make herself feel better after she realizes she does not know much about the wilderness?
7. What does Trisha learn from "Little House on the Prairie"?
8. According to the Tom Gordon in Trisha's imagination, what is the secret to closing?
9. Describe what Trisha sees when the first stream she follows narrows?
10. Why does Trisha think there is no chance of her getting lost?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)