|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Trisha's shirt say?
(a) Gordon Fan.
(c) The Gap.
(d) Red Sox.
2. How long ago did Quilla teach Trisha the trick to using the restroom outdoors?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) A week ago.
(c) Six months ago.
(d) Five years ago.
3. What city does Trisha's father live in?
4. What team does Tom Gordon play for?
(a) Red Sox.
5. What two items does Quilla check for before taking the kids on the trail?
(a) Canteens and sleeping bags.
(b) Hats and radio.
(c) Mobile phone and compass.
(d) Lunches and ponchos.
6. What food does Tom Gordon offer to buy for Trisha in her daydream?
(a) Hot dog.
(b) Ice cream.
7. What does Trisha avoid based on her mother's teachings?
(b) Poisonous plants.
8. What is it that probably brushes against Trisha, causing her to faint?
(a) A vine.
(b) A bush.
(c) A snake.
(d) A flower.
9. What state do Trisha, Pete, and Quilla live in?
(b) Rhode Island.
10. What is the name of the motel where Quilla is staying?
(a) The Castle View.
(b) La Quinta Inn.
(c) Marina Motel.
(d) The Knights Inn.
11. What does Trisha lose while running through the woods?
(a) Her sports watch.
(b) Her rubber band for her ponytail.
(c) Her earrings.
(d) Her sunglasses.
12. What color is Trisha's poncho?
13. What does Trisha imagine herself landing on if she had fallen off the cliff?
(a) A pine tree.
(b) A sharp rock.
(c) A dead branch.
14. What kind of berries does Trisha find?
(c) Thimble berries.
15. Who does Trisha imagine is in the woods protecting her?
(a) Tom Gordon.
(c) The unseen "thing."
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far into the trail does the family walk when Quilla and Pete begin to argue?
2. The "thing" following Trisha, seems to prey on what kind of people?
3. What edible fern does Trisha find?
4. After Trisha is poked in the back with a branch, she thinks to herself that at least it wasn't what item?
5. Why does Trisha faint?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)