Short Essay Answer Key
1. Why is Kaysen admitted to McLean Hospital in the first place?
Kaysen is admitted to the hospital when she attempts to commit suicide by taking aspirin.
2. What is the other procedure Kaysen has received at a previous hospital stay?
Kaysen has received stomach pumping at the previous hospital stay, as she ingested too many aspirin.
3. What does Kaysen say about her life, which might be the reason and the nature of her insanity?
Kaysen makes reference to a 'parallel universe' which may be the nature of her insanity.
4. Why does Kaysen feel Georgina's situation in coming to the hospital is rare?
Kaysen feels that insanity usually comes on over a long period of time, but in Georgina's case, she was struck by insanity quickly.
5. What are the handwritten notes about Kaysen's father talking about in the Inquiry Concerning Admission form?
This section contains 2,026 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)