|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
2. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
3. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
4. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
5. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
2. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
3. Who do Hella and David run into at a bookstore?
4. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
5. Why does David contemplate suicide?
6. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
7. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
8. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
9. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
10. What does David believe about the murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Giovanni is an enigmatic character who meets an unfortunate end. Write a brief essay analyzing how Giovanni helped change David.
Essay Topic 2
When Giovanni is sentenced to death, David is haunted by the notion. Write an essay examining the different ways David attempts to come to terms with Giovanni's sentence and why David metaphorically projects that sentence upon himself.
Essay Topic 3
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)