|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David go without Hella?
2. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
3. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
4. What country does David suggest he and Giovanni move to?
5. Where does David run into Giovanni, while with Hella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
2. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
3. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
4. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
5. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
6. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
7. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
8. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
9. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
10. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 3
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)