|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
2. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
3. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
4. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
5. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
4. What does David believe about the murder?
5. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
6. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
7. Why does David contemplate suicide?
8. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
9. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
10. What does Guillaume attempt to do prior to firing Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)