|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
2. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
3. What body part of Hella's intimidates David?
4. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
5. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
Essay Topic 1
David has a confusing relationship with Hella. Although he believes he feels love for her, he knows the relationship has no future. Analyze the various obstacles David and Hella would have to overcome in order to share an intimate, loving relationship.
Essay Topic 2
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his childhood, David struggled to gain control over his masculinity.
1) When does David first begin to struggle with his masculinity?
2) What actions does he take in an effort to be more masculine?
3) Do these efforts pay off? Why or why not?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)