|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
2. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
3. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
4. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
5. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
2. Where do Hella and David find a house together?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What does Guillaume attempt to do prior to firing Giovanni?
5. Why does David contemplate suicide?
6. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
7. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
8. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
9. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
10. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
Essay Topic 2
Giovanni is an enigmatic character who meets an unfortunate end. Write a brief essay analyzing how Giovanni helped change David.
Essay Topic 3
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)