|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon seeing Hella again, David pretends not to know what?
2. How does David feel about Paris?
3. Where does David pick up his mail?
4. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
5. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hella learn that David is a homosexual?
2. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
5. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
6. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
7. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
8. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
9. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
10. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
Essay Topic 3
David has a confusing relationship with Hella. Although he believes he feels love for her, he knows the relationship has no future. Analyze the various obstacles David and Hella would have to overcome in order to share an intimate, loving relationship.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)