|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
2. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
3. What begins to seem unclean to David?
4. What does Hella want out of life?
5. Once Hella returns, what news does David send his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
2. Who do Hella and David run into at a bookstore?
3. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
4. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
5. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
6. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
7. Why does David contemplate suicide?
8. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
9. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
10. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 2
When Giovanni is sentenced to death, David is haunted by the notion. Write an essay examining the different ways David attempts to come to terms with Giovanni's sentence and why David metaphorically projects that sentence upon himself.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his childhood, David struggled to gain control over his masculinity.
1) When does David first begin to struggle with his masculinity?
2) What actions does he take in an effort to be more masculine?
3) Do these efforts pay off? Why or why not?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)