|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
2. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
3. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
4. The French news claims what is lost with Guillaume's murder?
5. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Hella returns, she becomes suspicious of the relationship between David and Giovanni.
1) When does Hella first meet Giovanni?
2) Why is she suspicious of the relationship?
3) What confirms her suspicions?
Essay Topic 2
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
When Giovanni is sentenced to death, David is haunted by the notion. Write an essay examining the different ways David attempts to come to terms with Giovanni's sentence and why David metaphorically projects that sentence upon himself.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)