|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. David considers Giovanni weak for doing what?
2. What does David avoid telling his father?
3. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
4. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
5. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
2. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
3. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
4. How does David learn the details of Giovanni's case?
5. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
6. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
7. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
8. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
9. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
10. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
Essay Topic 2
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
Essay Topic 3
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)