|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
2. How does David proposition Sue?
3. What does Giovanni do to Guillaume, once learning he is fired?
4. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
5. What does David avoid telling his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
2. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
3. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
4. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
5. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
6. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
7. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
8. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
9. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
10. What does David believe about the murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a certain isolation that takes place when Giovanni and David begin seeing each other.
1) How do the two men interact with others after they become involved?
2) How does Giovanni's room contribute to this isolation?
3) How do the men feel about this isolation?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout his childhood, David struggled to gain control over his masculinity.
1) When does David first begin to struggle with his masculinity?
2) What actions does he take in an effort to be more masculine?
3) Do these efforts pay off? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)