|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
2. What did Giovanni steal from Guillaume's pockets, after murdering him?
3. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
4. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
5. After sleeping with Giovanni, how many letters does David receive in the mail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
2. Who do Hella and David run into at a bookstore?
3. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
4. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
5. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
6. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
7. What does Guillaume attempt to do prior to firing Giovanni?
8. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
9. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
10. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David tries to pretend his first sexual encounter with a man was with Giovanni. In truth, David had a homosexual experience at a young age. Describe David's first homosexual encounter.
1) When and where did the encounter take place?
2) Who was involved?
3) How did this experience affect David?
Essay Topic 2
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)