|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
2. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
3. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
4. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
5. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hella learn that David is a homosexual?
2. Why does David contemplate suicide?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
5. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
6. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
7. What does Guillaume attempt to do prior to firing Giovanni?
8. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
9. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
10. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
Essay Topic 2
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
Essay Topic 3
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)