|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
2. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
3. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
4. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
5. What does Hella want out of life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does David learn the details of Giovanni's case?
2. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
3. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
4. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
5. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
6. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
7. Why does David contemplate suicide?
8. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
9. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
10. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 2
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
Essay Topic 3
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)