|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the landlady ask David to leave his apartment key?
2. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
3. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
4. What secret does David share with Giovanni?
5. What is one of David's faults?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
2. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
3. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
4. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
5. What does Giovanni admit, regarding his relationship with Guillaume?
6. When David became injured from driving drunk, how did his father react?
7. What is the state of David's relationship with Hella when he meets Giovanni?
8. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
9. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
10. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a certain isolation that takes place when Giovanni and David begin seeing each other.
1) How do the two men interact with others after they become involved?
2) How does Giovanni's room contribute to this isolation?
3) How do the men feel about this isolation?
Essay Topic 2
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
Essay Topic 3
When Giovanni is sentenced to death, David is haunted by the notion. Write an essay examining the different ways David attempts to come to terms with Giovanni's sentence and why David metaphorically projects that sentence upon himself.
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)