|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Guillaume and Jacques do when men are present?
2. Who visits David in the hospital following the drunk driving accident?
3. Where does David go with Giovanni, once the bar closes?
4. Why do David and Giovanni stop talking?
5. Why is David reluctant to interact with Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does David regret telling Giovanni?
2. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
3. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
4. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
5. The first night they meet, where does David go with Giovanni?
6. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
7. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
8. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
9. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
10. What did David want from his relationship with his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Giovanni is an enigmatic character who meets an unfortunate end. Write a brief essay analyzing how Giovanni helped change David.
Essay Topic 3
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)