|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni respect about women?
2. What does Jacques offer David, after meeting Giovanni?
3. How does David feel about his attraction to Giovanni?
4. What does David compare life in Giovanni's room to?
5. What do David and Giovanni talk about, when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
2. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
3. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
4. Why is Jacques concerned about Guillaume's love life?
5. What does Giovanni admit, regarding his relationship with Guillaume?
6. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
7. The first night they meet, where does David go with Giovanni?
8. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
9. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
10. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 2
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)