Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
6. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
David has a confusing relationship with Hella. Although he believes he feels love for her, he knows the relationship has no future. Analyze the various obstacles David and Hella would have to overcome in order to share an intimate, loving relationship.
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)