|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once David starts dating Giuseppe, how does Guillaume feel about him?
2. How does David feel about being stuck with Giovanni after the bar closes?
3. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
4. What do Guillaume and Jacques do when men are present?
5. How does David feel after his conversation with Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of David's relationship with Hella when he meets Giovanni?
2. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
3. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
4. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
5. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
6. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
7. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
8. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
9. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
10. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Hella returns, she becomes suspicious of the relationship between David and Giovanni.
1) When does Hella first meet Giovanni?
2) Why is she suspicious of the relationship?
3) What confirms her suspicions?
Essay Topic 2
In Giovanni's Room, dishonesty affects the lives of many people. Analyze how one of the following characters is affected by secrets.
Essay Topic 3
Write a brief essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: David primarily becomes involved with Giovanni because he does not want his youth to pass him by.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)