|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the picture of David's mother kept?
2. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
3. What does Giovanni warn David, regarding Hella?
4. Who does David spend most of his time with once he moves in with Giovanni?
5. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni admit, regarding his relationship with Guillaume?
2. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
3. In retrospect, what does Jacques regret regarding Giovanni?
4. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
5. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
6. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
7. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
8. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
9. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
10. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his childhood, David struggled to gain control over his masculinity.
1) When does David first begin to struggle with his masculinity?
2) What actions does he take in an effort to be more masculine?
3) Do these efforts pay off? Why or why not?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)