|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
2. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
3. What do David and Giovanni talk about, when they first meet?
4. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
5. What is the main difference between David and Jacques?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
2. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
3. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
4. When David tells Hella he loves her, what about the statement rings false?
5. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
6. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
7. Why is Jacques concerned about Guillaume's love life?
8. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
9. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
10. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
Essay Topic 3
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)