|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is immediately apparent, when David and Giovanni meet?
2. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
3. When does David meet Giovanni?
4. Once David begins the affair with Giovanni, how does he feel?
5. How does David feel about being stuck with Giovanni after the bar closes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
2. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
3. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
4. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
5. Why is Jacques concerned about Guillaume's love life?
6. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
7. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
8. What does Giovanni admit, regarding his relationship with Guillaume?
9. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
10. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
Essay Topic 3
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)