Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
6. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
Essay Topic 1
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
Essay Topic 2
Giovanni is an enigmatic character who meets an unfortunate end. Write a brief essay analyzing how Giovanni helped change David.
Essay Topic 3
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)