|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joey initiate the sexual relationship with David?
2. How does David treat Joey, following their sexual encounter?
3. What does the landlady ask David regarding Hella?
4. Where does David go with Giovanni, once the bar closes?
5. Once David begins the affair with Giovanni, how does he feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did David want from his relationship with his father?
2. How does Giovanni die?
3. The first night they meet, where does David go with Giovanni?
4. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
5. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
6. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
7. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
8. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
9. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
10. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
Essay Topic 3
Giovanni is an enigmatic character who meets an unfortunate end. Write a brief essay analyzing how Giovanni helped change David.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)