|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David blame Giovanni for?
2. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
3. How close in age are David and Hella?
4. What does Giovanni do for a living?
5. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jacques concerned about Guillaume's love life?
2. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
3. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
4. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
5. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
6. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
7. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
8. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
9. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
10. When David tells Hella he loves her, what about the statement rings false?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
Essay Topic 3
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)