|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
2. Where does Hella go, following David's relationship with Giovanni?
3. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
4. Why is there traffic after the bar closes?
5. What do Guillaume and Jacques do when men are present?
Short Essay Questions
1. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
2. David decides that he will do what, when Hella returns?
3. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
4. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
5. How does Hella learn that David is a homosexual?
6. When David tells Hella he loves her, what about the statement rings false?
7. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
8. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
9. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
10. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Giovanni and David meet, David is hesitant to get involved but his hesitance is short-lived. Examine the series of events that leads up to David's acceptance of his attraction to Giovanni.
Essay Topic 2
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
Essay Topic 3
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)