Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
6. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
When Giovanni is sentenced to death, David is haunted by the notion. Write an essay examining the different ways David attempts to come to terms with Giovanni's sentence and why David metaphorically projects that sentence upon himself.
There is a certain isolation that takes place when Giovanni and David begin seeing each other.
1) How do the two men interact with others after they become involved?
2) How does Giovanni's room contribute to this isolation?
3) How do the men feel about this isolation?
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)