|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once David starts dating Giuseppe, how does Guillaume feel about him?
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
3. When does David move in with Giovanni?
4. How many times did David tell Hella he loved her?
5. What happens to David as a result of his car accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
3. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
4. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
5. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
6. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
7. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
8. Why does David want to continue dating Hella, even though he is in love with Giovanni?
9. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
10. What did David want from his relationship with his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Giovanni and David meet, David is hesitant to get involved but his hesitance is short-lived. Examine the series of events that leads up to David's acceptance of his attraction to Giovanni.
Essay Topic 2
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)