|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Jacques, David pretends the conversation was what?
2. How does Giovanni feel about Hella?
3. When does David meet Giovanni?
4. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
5. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
2. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
3. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
4. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
5. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
6. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
7. What lie does David regret telling Giovanni?
8. When David tells Hella he loves her, what about the statement rings false?
9. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
10. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
Essay Topic 2
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)