|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David want to keep Hella from finding out about Giovanni?
2. What unusual patrons are at the bar David patronizes after being evicted?
3. How does Ellen act when company is present?
4. Who does David spend most of his time with once he moves in with Giovanni?
5. Where is Giovanni from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
2. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
3. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
4. David decides that he will do what, when Hella returns?
5. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
6. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
7. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
8. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
9. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
10. How does Giovanni die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
Essay Topic 3
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)