|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
2. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
3. Who notices the interaction between Giovanni and David?
4. Where does David get the money to live on his own?
5. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
2. Why is Jacques concerned about Guillaume's love life?
3. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
4. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
5. How does Giovanni die?
6. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
7. What does Giovanni admit, regarding his relationship with Guillaume?
8. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
9. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
10. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David tries to pretend his first sexual encounter with a man was with Giovanni. In truth, David had a homosexual experience at a young age. Describe David's first homosexual encounter.
1) When and where did the encounter take place?
2) Who was involved?
3) How did this experience affect David?
Essay Topic 2
Upon Hella's return, David attempts to forget his experience with Giovanni in favor of a relationship with her. Write an essay examining David's motivation to share a relationship with Hella.
Essay Topic 3
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)