|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
2. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
3. Giovanni believes Paris to be what?
4. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
5. Once David starts dating Giuseppe, how does Guillaume feel about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
2. What lie does David regret telling Giovanni?
3. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
4. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
5. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
6. How does Giovanni die?
7. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
8. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
9. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
10. What does Giovanni admit, regarding his relationship with Guillaume?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)