Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
6. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
Write an essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: Giovanni believes men are more valuable than women.
As David lost his mother at an early age, his upbringing was less traditional than others. Describe David's family life as a child.
1) How does the loss of his mother affect him?
2) Who raises him?
3) What is his relationship with his father?
Youth is a predominate theme in Giovanni's Room. When David seems hesitant to begin a relationship with Giovanni, Jacques encourages him to live his life instead of letting it pass him by. Write an essay examining the idea of youth as a motivation for romance, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)