|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
2. What do David and Giovanni talk about, when they first meet?
3. What happens to David as a result of his car accident?
4. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
5. David feels his relationship with Hella was lacking what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
2. David decides that he will do what, when Hella returns?
3. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
4. How does David learn the details of Giovanni's case?
5. How does Giovanni die?
6. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
7. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
8. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
9. Why is Jacques concerned about Guillaume's love life?
10. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
Essay Topic 1
After moving to Paris, David is not opposed to having homosexual friends or visiting homosexual bars, yet he will not admit to his true sexual preference. Examine this dichotomy in David's behavior, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
David has a confusing relationship with Hella. Although he believes he feels love for her, he knows the relationship has no future. Analyze the various obstacles David and Hella would have to overcome in order to share an intimate, loving relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Giovanni is jealous of the relationship David shares with Hella. Write an essay discussing the various tactics Giovanni uses in an attempt to encourage David to end the relationship.
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)