Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
6. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
Essay Topic 1
Paris serves as a vibrant backdrop in the story. Write an essay describing the city of Paris and how it adds to the story.
Essay Topic 2
David tries to pretend his first sexual encounter with a man was with Giovanni. In truth, David had a homosexual experience at a young age. Describe David's first homosexual encounter.
1) When and where did the encounter take place?
2) Who was involved?
3) How did this experience affect David?
Essay Topic 3
David chooses to live in Europe, after a brief stint in the army.
1) Where does David choose to live?
2) Describe the environment?
3) What aspects of this environment suit his personality?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)