|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David treat Joey, following their sexual encounter?
2. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
3. Why is David reluctant to interact with Giovanni?
4. What does Giovanni do for a living?
5. How does David feel after his conversation with Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. David decides that he will do what, when Hella returns?
2. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
3. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
4. What lie does David regret telling Giovanni?
5. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
6. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
7. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
8. Why does David want to continue dating Hella, even though he is in love with Giovanni?
9. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
10. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
David tries to pretend his first sexual encounter with a man was with Giovanni. In truth, David had a homosexual experience at a young age. Describe David's first homosexual encounter.
1) When and where did the encounter take place?
2) Who was involved?
3) How did this experience affect David?
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning, Jacques serves as a catalyst for the relationship with Giovanni. Instead of being grateful, David continues to treat Jacques terribly. Examine the relationship between Jacques and David.
Essay Topic 3
There is a certain isolation that takes place when Giovanni and David begin seeing each other.
1) How do the two men interact with others after they become involved?
2) How does Giovanni's room contribute to this isolation?
3) How do the men feel about this isolation?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)