|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notices the interaction between Giovanni and David?
2. How does David describe Giovanni's lips?
3. Where does Hella go, following David's relationship with Giovanni?
4. How Madame Clothilde greet Giovanni when she sees him?
5. Why does David want to keep Hella from finding out about Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
2. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
3. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
4. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
5. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
6. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
7. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
8. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
9. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
10. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a brief essay to support or refute the following statement, citing examples from the text: David primarily becomes involved with Giovanni because he does not want his youth to pass him by.
Essay Topic 2
There is a certain isolation that takes place when Giovanni and David begin seeing each other.
1) How do the two men interact with others after they become involved?
2) How does Giovanni's room contribute to this isolation?
3) How do the men feel about this isolation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze one of the following relationships, citing examples from the text.
1) Giovanni and Guillaume.
2) Giovanni and David.
3) David and Hella.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)