|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He got fired.
(b) He quit his job.
(c) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
(d) He is scared to go outside.
2. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) On long drives.
(b) In bed.
(c) At the dinner table.
(d) On walks.
3. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
(a) Go to Europe.
(b) Forget their past.
(c) Date rich men.
(d) Learn another language.
4. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
(a) She knew Guillaume.
(b) David lived with the murderer.
(c) All of these.
(d) She thinks David did it.
5. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
2. When Giovanni is mad at David, what insult does he use to hurt him?
3. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
4. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
5. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
2. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
3. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
4. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
5. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
6. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
7. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
8. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
9. What does David believe about the murder?
10. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)