|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
(a) All of these.
(b) David lived with the murderer.
(c) She thinks David did it.
(d) She knew Guillaume.
2. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He swears at the landlord.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He punches David.
(d) He breaks a glass.
3. The French news claims what is lost with Guillaume's murder?
(a) French history.
(b) A great bar.
(c) A brilliant mind.
(d) Respect for humanity.
4. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
(a) Too educated.
(c) The same.
5. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
2. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
3. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
4. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
5. In retrospect, why does David believe he moved in with Giovanni?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
2. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
3. How does David learn the details of Giovanni's case?
4. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
5. What does David believe about the murder?
6. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
7. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
8. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
9. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
10. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)