|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) He swears at the landlord.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He punches David.
2. What does Sue think about the encounter with David?
(a) It is a mistake.
(b) It is casual.
(c) It is disrespectful.
(d) It is love.
3. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
(b) He is scared to go outside.
(c) He got fired.
(d) He quit his job.
4. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She pities him.
(d) She respects him.
5. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
2. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
3. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
4. Why does Giovanni think Guillaume fired him?
5. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
2. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
3. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
4. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
5. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
6. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
7. Who do Hella and David run into at a bookstore?
8. How does Hella learn that David is a homosexual?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)