|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to seem unclean to David?
(a) Hella's breath.
(b) His house.
(c) Hella's undergarments.
(d) His body.
2. What does David avoid telling his father?
(a) His relationship with Giovanni.
(b) His engagement to Hella.
(c) All of these.
(d) His financial situation.
3. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
(a) Lying to him.
(b) Making fun of him.
(c) Pursuing him.
(d) Drugging him.
4. Where does David go without Hella?
(a) The United States.
(c) The prison.
5. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(b) His aunt.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
2. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
3. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
4. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
5. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
2. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
3. Why does David contemplate suicide?
4. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
5. Who do Hella and David run into at a bookstore?
6. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
7. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
8. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
9. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
10. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)