|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) Their future.
(b) HIs parents.
(c) Her trip.
(d) Their past.
2. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
(a) If David is homosexual.
(b) If David has made any close friends.
(c) If he is seeing anyone.
(d) If David is popular.
3. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
4. While David is in Europe, what does his father want from him?
(a) To speak to the Pope.
(b) To come home.
(c) To visit his grandmother's grave.
(d) To pick up some chocolates.
5. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It is not decorated well.
(b) It is too precise.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) It does not get enough light.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
2. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
3. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
4. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
5. What did Giovanni steal from Guillaume's pockets, after murdering him?
Short Essay Questions
1. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
2. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
3. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
4. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
5. Where do Hella and David find a house together?
6. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
7. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
8. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
9. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
10. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)