|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Giovanni is mad at David, what insult does he use to hurt him?
(a) David's lazy nature.
(b) David's nationality.
(c) David's timidity.
(d) David's homosexuality.
2. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His accent.
(b) His ambition.
(c) His family.
(d) His room.
3. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) Hella will follow him.
(b) Home will no longer exist.
(c) His father will disown him.
(d) He will no longer speak to him.
4. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) All of these.
(b) To settle down.
(c) To have a man to come home to.
(d) To have a family.
5. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
2. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
3. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
4. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
5. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
2. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
3. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
4. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
5. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
6. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
7. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
8. Why does David contemplate suicide?
9. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
10. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)