|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Giovanni have a happy relationship with, prior to David?
(a) A French woman.
(b) An Italian woman.
(c) A sailor.
2. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(b) His father.
(d) His aunt.
3. What does Giovanni compare Guillaume's body to?
(a) The local pig.
(b) Stale coffee.
(c) Overripe tomato.
(d) Sour milk.
4. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
(a) She has plans with her sister.
(b) She is tired from travel.
(c) She has made David dinner.
(d) She is mad at David.
5. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
(a) To be polite.
(b) She is in love with David.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) She enjoyed the experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the news of Guillaume's murder breaks, what happens to Giovanni?
2. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
3. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
4. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
5. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
2. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
3. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
4. What does David believe about the murder?
5. How does Hella learn that David is a homosexual?
6. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
7. Who can David relate to in line at American Express and why?
8. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
9. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
10. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)