|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
2. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) Hella will follow him.
(b) Home will no longer exist.
(c) His father will disown him.
(d) He will no longer speak to him.
3. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
(c) All of these.
4. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
5. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
(a) They were roommates.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They play soccer together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
2. When the news of Guillaume's murder breaks, what happens to Giovanni?
3. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
4. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
5. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David take on the role of housewife while Giovanni is at the bar?
2. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
3. Why does David contemplate suicide?
4. What shocking news does David hear regarding Guillaume?
5. Why does Hella question David about his relationship with Giovanni?
6. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
9. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
10. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)