|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
(a) All of these.
(b) David lived with the murderer.
(c) She thinks David did it.
(d) She knew Guillaume.
2. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
3. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
4. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His family.
(b) His ambition.
(c) His accent.
(d) His room.
5. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
2. Why does Giovanni think Guillaume fired him?
3. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
4. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
5. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
2. How does David learn the details of Giovanni's case?
3. Why is Giovanni home when David returns from his tryst with Sue?
4. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
5. Why does Giovanni smash a cognac glass in Part Two: Chapter Three?
6. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
7. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
8. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
9. Where do Hella and David find a house together?
10. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)