|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Giovanni stay while awaiting his trial?
(a) In prison.
(b) With Jacques.
(c) Giovanni's room.
(d) With David.
2. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
3. Who did Giovanni have a happy relationship with, prior to David?
(a) A French woman.
(b) An Italian woman.
(d) A sailor.
4. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) It was the third murder at that bar.
(b) His ancestors were important.
(c) It was so gruesome.
(d) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
5. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) His clothes.
(b) A promise ring.
(c) A commitment.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does David feel about Paris?
2. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
3. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
4. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
5. What does Hella want out of life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
2. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
3. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
4. What does David notice about the American men at American Express?
5. When Hella arrives, what does David do to Giovanni?
6. Why is the life in the south of France less than idyllic for David and Hella?
7. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
8. What does Giovanni say will happen to him, if he and David are separated and why?
9. How does Hella learn that David is a homosexual?
10. What is Hella worried about, upon seeing David?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)