|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) To learn about a different culture.
(c) To get away from his family.
(d) His lack of money.
2. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
(c) All of these.
3. What did Giovanni do in order to stay in the country?
(a) Play guitar in the subway.
(b) Steal from his employer.
(c) Sell drugs.
(d) Let Giullaume take advantage of him.
4. How does David feel after his conversation with Giovanni?
(b) Self conscious.
5. How does David treat Joey, following their sexual encounter?
(a) He refuses to speak to him.
(b) He is polite to him.
(c) He is mean to him.
(d) He punches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
2. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
3. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
4. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
5. What is Giullaume's life filled with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
2. When David tells Hella he loves her, what about the statement rings false?
3. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. How does Giovanni die?
6. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
7. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
8. What did David want from his relationship with his father?
9. Why does David want to continue dating Hella, even though he is in love with Giovanni?
10. In retrospect, what does Jacques regret regarding Giovanni?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)