Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Shut him out.
(c) Go out with him.
(d) Fall in love with him.
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) They are the same age.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
(a) A dining room.
(b) David's house.
(c) A banquet hall.
(d) Giovanni's room.
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
(a) Embrace his youth.
(b) Leave Europe.
(c) Kiss Giovanni.
(d) Find a nice girl.
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
(a) Work in the mines.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Join a theatre company.
Short Answer Questions
1. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
2. Once David begins the affair with Giovanni, how does he feel?
3. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
4. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
5. Who is Madame Clothilde?
Short Essay Questions
1. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
2. What does Giovanni's room make David think of?
3. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
6. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
7. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
8. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
9. Why does the newspaper sensationalize Guillaume's murder?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)