|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen act when company is present?
(a) Polite to guests.
(b) She is rude to her brother.
(d) All of these.
2. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
(a) Tell Hella the truth and let her decide.
(b) End the relationship with Hella.
(c) End the relationship with Giovanni.
(d) Juggle both relationships.
3. Where does David get the money to live on his own?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
4. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) To learn about a different culture.
(b) To get away from his family.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) His sexual orientation.
5. What did Giovanni do in order to stay in the country?
(a) Let Giullaume take advantage of him.
(b) Play guitar in the subway.
(c) Steal from his employer.
(d) Sell drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bar do Jacques and David go to, following David's eviction?
2. What does David compare life in Giovanni's room to?
3. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
4. Who is Madame Clothilde?
5. What do Guillaume and Jacques do when men are present?
Short Essay Questions
1. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
2. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
3. What did David want from his relationship with his father?
4. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
5. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
6. How does Giovanni die?
7. David suggests the garbage in the city goes to where?
8. Even though David promises to move to another country with Giovanni, he secretly believes he will still do what?
9. In retrospect, what does Jacques regret regarding Giovanni?
10. When David became injured from driving drunk, how did his father react?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)