|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) Giovanni is scared of the dark.
(b) He does not have a place to stay.
(c) Hella kicks David out.
(d) To spend more time with him.
2. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Go out with him.
(b) Slap him.
(c) Fall in love with him.
(d) Shut him out.
3. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
(a) Hella returns home.
(b) The landlord kicks him out.
(c) He is no longer in love.
(d) Giovanni kicks him out.
4. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
(a) No one.
(b) The judge.
(c) His father.
5. What is Giullaume's life filled with?
(a) Emotional relationships.
(b) Physical relationships.
(c) Broken hearts.
(d) Alcohol and drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
2. Why is David evicted from his apartment?
3. What do David and Giovanni talk about, when they first meet?
4. When Jacques is first attracted to Giovanni, what does David do?
5. What role does David serve in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
2. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
3. What lie does David regret telling Giovanni?
4. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
5. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
6. When David became injured from driving drunk, how did his father react?
7. What does Giovanni say in an attempt to sabotage the relationship with Hella?
8. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
9. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
10. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)