|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
(b) They talk about Hella for hours.
(c) They get in a fight.
(d) They sleep together.
2. Where is Hella when David meets Giovanni?
3. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) A friendship.
(b) Father to son.
(c) He does not want a relationship.
4. Where is Giovanni from?
(b) The United States.
5. When does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) Right after they begin a physical relationship.
(b) A month after they begin a physical relationship.
(c) Two days after they begin a physical relationship.
(d) A week after they begin a physical relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
2. How many times did David tell Hella he loved her?
3. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
4. What is the main difference between David and Jacques?
5. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David stare at the sailor on the street?
2. Why does Giovanni make fun of the idea of David "hurting his feelings"?
3. Why is Giovanni's situation so difficult when David leaves?
4. When David became injured from driving drunk, how did his father react?
5. What did David want from his relationship with his father?
6. Why did David dislike it when Giovanni called him an American?
7. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
8. Why does David complain about Giovanni's room?
9. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
10. In what ways is Giovanni's room isolated?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)