|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jacques is first attracted to Giovanni, what does David do?
(a) Gets jealous.
(b) Encourages Jacques to make a move.
(c) Throws a drink in Jacques' face.
(d) Berates him for being homosexual.
2. Who is Madame Clothilde?
(a) Giovanni's mother.
(b) David's landlord.
(c) Giovanni's former employer.
(d) Giovanni's sister.
3. Jacques believes Giullaume's love life to be what?
4. Where is Giovanni from?
(b) The United States.
5. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
(b) Jacques' father.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
2. When does David move in with Giovanni?
3. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
4. Where does Giovanni invite David after their first meal together?
5. What role does David serve in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. When David became injured from driving drunk, how did his father react?
2. After David's first encounter with Giovanni, why does he attempt to dismiss its importance?
3. What judgment does Giovanni have for the country of France?
4. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
5. Why does David want to continue dating Hella, even though he is in love with Giovanni?
6. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
7. How does Giovanni die?
8. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
9. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
10. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)