|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
(a) His father.
2. What is one of David's faults?
(a) He is a prolific liar.
(b) He chews with his mouth open.
(c) He is a socialist.
(d) He does not want to marry.
3. How many times did David tell Hella he loved her?
(a) On her birthday.
(d) Every day.
4. How does David treat Joey, following their sexual encounter?
(a) He is mean to him.
(b) He is polite to him.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He refuses to speak to him.
5. How does Ellen treat her brother?
(a) She looks up to him.
(c) With affection.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jacques is first attracted to Giovanni, what does David do?
2. Who refuses to help Giovanni when he needs it?
3. What does Giovanni warn David, regarding Hella?
4. What secret does David share with Giovanni?
5. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
Short Essay Questions
1. David decides that he will do what, when Hella returns?
2. Why is David ashamed to be seen with Jacques and Guillaume?
3. What details does David remember about his Aunt Ellen's appearance?
4. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
5. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
6. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
7. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
8. What advice does Jacques give to David, regarding Giovanni?
9. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
10. Now that David has begun a homosexual relationship, how does he feel about his decision?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)