|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
(b) Vague interest.
2. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
(b) They talk about Hella for hours.
(c) They sleep together.
(d) They get in a fight.
3. How does Joey initiate the sexual relationship with David?
(a) He cooks dinner.
(b) He tries to snuggle.
(c) He reads David poetry.
(d) He wakes David up.
4. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) A friendship.
(b) He does not want a relationship.
(c) Father to son.
5. Giovanni claims that one day he might do what?
(a) Swim the English Channel.
(b) Open a bar.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Have a mistress again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Giovanni feel about Hella?
2. What does Jacques believe might happen to David?
3. How close in age are David and Hella?
4. What do Guillaume and Jacques do when men are present?
5. After dating Giovanni, what does David think about the situation with Hella?
Short Essay Questions
1. In retrospect, what does Jacques regret regarding Giovanni?
2. What is the state of David's relationship with Hella when he meets Giovanni?
3. Why does the cab ride seem to take forever, once the bar is closed and David is with Giovanni?
4. What is Giovanni's opinion of the physical relationship he shared with Guillaume?
5. Why does David want to continue dating Hella, even though he is in love with Giovanni?
6. In regards to Hella, what do David and Giovanni discuss prior to her return?
7. What does Giovanni think about the relationship with Hella?
8. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
9. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
10. As David's love grows for Giovanni, what surprising emotion grows as well?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)