|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event removes Joey from David's life?
(a) Joey's mother dies.
(b) Joey's family moves away.
(c) Joey dies.
(d) David threatens Joey's life.
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) Ten years.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
3. After his sexual experience with Joey, what is David worried about?
(a) His mother finding out.
(b) His masculinity.
(c) Joey's girlfriend.
4. Who notices the interaction between Giovanni and David?
(b) Most of the club members.
(c) The police.
(d) David's father.
5. To Jacques, David pretends the conversation was what?
(a) Barely decipherable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlady ask David regarding Hella?
2. What is immediately apparent, when David and Giovanni meet?
3. At the thought of Hella's return, how does David feel?
4. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
5. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does David want to continue dating Hella, even though he is in love with Giovanni?
2. Where is David's girlfriend when he meets Giovanni for the first time?
3. David decides that he will do what, when Hella returns?
4. Why is David reluctant to reveal his attraction to Giovanni?
5. What does Jacques think of Giovanni, upon first meeting him?
6. After sleeping with Joey, what does David resolve regarding his sexual orientation?
7. What does the landlady review before allowing David to leave his rented apartment?
8. What embarrasses David during his conversation with Giovanni?
9. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
10. When David and Joey are swimming together, what is David's first hint that Joey may be attracted to him as well?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)