|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) Hella will follow him.
(b) He will no longer speak to him.
(c) His father will disown him.
(d) Home will no longer exist.
2. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It is too precise.
(b) It is not decorated well.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) It does not get enough light.
3. Where does Giovanni stay while awaiting his trial?
(a) Giovanni's room.
(b) In prison.
(c) With Jacques.
(d) With David.
4. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
(b) His blessing.
(d) The family diamond.
5. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) He breaks a window.
(c) He swears at the landlord.
(d) He punches David.
6. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) In bed.
(b) At the dinner table.
(c) On long drives.
(d) On walks.
7. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) HIs parents.
(b) Their future.
(c) Her trip.
(d) Their past.
8. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He is scared to go outside.
(b) He got fired.
(c) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
(d) He quit his job.
9. Why is Hella returning to Paris?
(a) She is out of money.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) She is suspicious of David.
(d) David has proposed to her.
10. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(a) Lying about his heritage.
(c) Secretly tortured.
11. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Making money.
(b) Creating heroes.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Entertaining the masses.
12. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A prison.
(c) A sanctuary.
(d) A sweet dream.
13. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
(a) He cannot handle the guilt of betraying Hella.
(b) He is tired of being poor.
(c) He has nothing to live for.
(d) He is conflicted about his relationship with Giovanni.
14. What object do David and Giovanni seem to threaten one another with?
15. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
(a) He does not want to pay David's mail bill.
(b) There are too many Americans present.
(c) Giovanni sleeps during the day.
(d) He does not like the long walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does David suggest he and Giovanni move to?
2. Where does David run into Giovanni, while with Hella?
3. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
4. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
5. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)