|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) All of these.
(b) To have a family.
(c) To settle down.
(d) To have a man to come home to.
2. Where does David go without Hella?
(a) The prison.
(b) The United States.
3. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She respects him.
(c) She pities him.
(d) She loves him.
4. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
(a) Go to Europe.
(b) Forget their past.
(c) Date rich men.
(d) Learn another language.
5. How does David proposition Sue?
(a) He invites her to the bar.
(b) He asks her to a movie.
(c) He asks to drink at her place.
(d) He invites her to dinner.
6. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(b) A sailor.
(c) The postman.
7. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Making money.
(b) Creating heroes.
(c) Entertaining the masses.
(d) Telling the truth.
8. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
(a) It is dishonest.
(b) He is not attracted to her.
(c) She reminds him of Hella.
(d) Giovanni hears about it.
9. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
(a) A dirty little secret boy.
(c) All of these.
10. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) Hella's house.
(b) The train station.
(c) A park bench.
(d) His old apartment.
11. Why is Giovanni's face puffy when David goes to see him?
(a) He has spent too much time in the sun.
(b) He has a food allergy.
(c) He has been beaten up.
(d) From crying.
12. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His accent.
(b) His family.
(c) His room.
(d) His ambition.
13. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
14. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) On walks.
(c) In bed.
(d) On long drives.
15. What does Sue think about the encounter with David?
(a) It is love.
(b) It is disrespectful.
(c) It is a mistake.
(d) It is casual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
2. While David is in Europe, what does his father want from him?
3. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
4. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
5. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)