|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) Their future.
(b) HIs parents.
(c) Their past.
(d) Her trip.
2. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
(a) The same.
(c) Too educated.
3. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It does not get enough light.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It is not decorated well.
(d) It is too precise.
4. What body part of Hella's intimidates David?
5. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
(a) He resents Giovanni.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) All of these.
(d) He takes it personally.
6. After sleeping with Giovanni, how many letters does David receive in the mail?
7. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) In bed.
(c) On long drives.
(d) On walks.
8. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(a) Secretly tortured.
(b) Lying about his heritage.
9. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
(a) Lying to him.
(b) Drugging him.
(c) Making fun of him.
(d) Pursuing him.
10. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He got fired.
(b) He quit his job.
(c) He is scared to go outside.
(d) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
11. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
(a) He cannot handle the guilt of betraying Hella.
(b) He is conflicted about his relationship with Giovanni.
(c) He is tired of being poor.
(d) He has nothing to live for.
12. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(c) A sailor.
(d) The postman.
13. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) The train station.
(b) Hella's house.
(c) His old apartment.
(d) A park bench.
14. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(b) A suit and jacket.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A blue velvet coat.
15. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
(a) There are too many Americans present.
(b) Giovanni sleeps during the day.
(c) He does not like the long walk.
(d) He does not want to pay David's mail bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. The French news claims what is lost with Guillaume's murder?
2. What does Giovanni compare Guillaume's body to?
3. Where does David pick up his mail?
4. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
5. What does David avoid telling his father?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)