|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Giovanni steal from Guillaume's pockets, after murdering him?
(d) A watch.
2. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) Hella will follow him.
(b) Home will no longer exist.
(c) His father will disown him.
(d) He will no longer speak to him.
3. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It is too precise.
(b) It does not get enough light.
(c) It is a mess.
(d) It is not decorated well.
4. While David is in Europe, what does his father want from him?
(a) To come home.
(b) To visit his grandmother's grave.
(c) To speak to the Pope.
(d) To pick up some chocolates.
5. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
(a) She is mad at David.
(b) She is tired from travel.
(c) She has plans with her sister.
(d) She has made David dinner.
6. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
7. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He has given up on life.
(b) He is too timid to leave.
(c) He is afraid of Giovanni.
(d) He is in love with Giovanni.
8. Once Hella returns, what news does David send his father?
(a) He will return to America.
(b) All of these.
(c) He and Hella will honeymoon in Europe.
(d) He and Hella will be married.
9. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(c) Lying about his heritage.
(d) Secretly tortured.
10. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
(d) His living situation.
11. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 days.
12. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(a) A blue velvet coat.
(b) A suit and jacket.
(d) A dressing gown.
13. Where does David pick up his mail?
(a) Hella's apartment.
(b) The local hotel.
(c) American Express.
(d) British Post.
14. How does David feel about Paris?
(a) He thinks it is filthy.
(b) He knows he does not belong.
(c) He loves it.
(d) He hates it.
15. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
2. What country does David suggest he and Giovanni move to?
3. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
4. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
5. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)