|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
(a) Has a drink at work.
(b) Looks respectable.
(c) Picks on ruffians.
(d) Starts ranting.
2. When Giovanni is mad at David, what insult does he use to hurt him?
(a) David's lazy nature.
(b) David's nationality.
(c) David's homosexuality.
(d) David's timidity.
3. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
4. The French news claims what is lost with Guillaume's murder?
(a) A great bar.
(b) French history.
(c) Respect for humanity.
(d) A brilliant mind.
5. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His car.
(c) A commitment.
(d) A promise ring.
6. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It does not get enough light.
(b) It is too precise.
(c) It is not decorated well.
(d) It is a mess.
7. David thought about suicide when he was younger, but for what purpose?
8. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) Their past.
(b) HIs parents.
(c) Their future.
(d) Her trip.
9. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
10. When the news of Guillaume's murder breaks, what happens to Giovanni?
(a) He disappears.
(b) He loses his mind.
(c) He tries to find the murderer.
(d) He sobs on the grave.
11. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
(a) They speak clearly.
(b) They seem like country rubes.
(c) They have better table manners.
(d) They have more style.
12. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She respects him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She pities him.
13. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
(a) She is mad at David.
(b) She is tired from travel.
(c) She has plans with her sister.
(d) She has made David dinner.
14. In retrospect, why does David believe he moved in with Giovanni?
(a) To save money.
(b) All of these.
(c) It was convenient.
(d) Giovanni asked him.
15. Upon seeing Hella again, David pretends not to know what?
(a) What time it is.
(b) The date.
(c) Her name.
(d) If they are engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
2. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
3. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
4. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
5. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)