|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A blue velvet coat.
(c) A suit and jacket.
2. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
3. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
(a) His blessing.
(b) The family diamond.
4. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
(a) The conversation with Guillaume.
(b) How long he waited to commit the crime.
(c) Who Giovanni drank with ahead of time.
(d) All of these.
5. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
(a) Learn another language.
(b) Date rich men.
(c) Forget their past.
(d) Go to Europe.
6. When David pictures Giovanni's in jail, what brings him to tears?
(a) Details about Giovanni.
(b) The curtains.
(c) The dirt floor.
(d) The noise.
7. What does David avoid telling his father?
(a) His engagement to Hella.
(b) His relationship with Giovanni.
(c) His financial situation.
(d) All of these.
8. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
9. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
(a) Giovanni sleeps during the day.
(b) He does not like the long walk.
(c) There are too many Americans present.
(d) He does not want to pay David's mail bill.
10. David thought about suicide when he was younger, but for what purpose?
11. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) He swears at the landlord.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He punches David.
12. What object do David and Giovanni seem to threaten one another with?
13. After sleeping with Giovanni, how many letters does David receive in the mail?
14. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) It was the third murder at that bar.
(b) His ancestors were important.
(c) It was so gruesome.
(d) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
15. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
(b) Too educated.
(d) The same.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
2. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
3. Where does David go without Hella?
4. What body part of Hella's intimidates David?
5. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)