|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) To punish Giovanni.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) To prove to himself he likes women.
2. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
(a) He feels so happy.
(b) She has dyed her hair red.
(c) He feels so sad.
(d) He does not find her attractive.
3. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
4. Who did Giovanni have a happy relationship with, prior to David?
(a) A French woman.
(b) A sailor.
(d) An Italian woman.
5. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His accent.
(b) His family.
(c) His room.
(d) His ambition.
6. What country does David suggest he and Giovanni move to?
(d) The United States.
7. What does Sue think about the encounter with David?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is love.
(c) It is casual.
(d) It is a mistake.
8. What does David avoid telling his father?
(a) His relationship with Giovanni.
(b) His engagement to Hella.
(c) All of these.
(d) His financial situation.
9. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
(b) He got fired.
(c) He quit his job.
(d) He is scared to go outside.
10. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
(a) He takes it personally.
(b) He resents Giovanni.
(c) All of these.
(d) He doesn't care.
11. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She pities him.
(b) She does not like him.
(c) She respects him.
(d) She loves him.
12. When David pictures Giovanni's in jail, what brings him to tears?
(a) The dirt floor.
(b) The curtains.
(c) Details about Giovanni.
(d) The noise.
13. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(a) His aunt.
(c) His father.
14. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
(d) His living situation.
15. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(b) A blue velvet coat.
(c) A suit and jacket.
(d) A dressing gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
2. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
3. While David is in Europe, what does his father want from him?
4. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
5. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)