|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
(a) She reminds him of Hella.
(b) Giovanni hears about it.
(c) He is not attracted to her.
(d) It is dishonest.
2. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
3. What does Giovanni compare Guillaume's body to?
(a) Stale coffee.
(b) Sour milk.
(c) The local pig.
(d) Overripe tomato.
4. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
(a) The family diamond.
(c) His blessing.
5. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) It was so gruesome.
(b) His ancestors were important.
(c) It was the third murder at that bar.
(d) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
6. David considers Giovanni weak for doing what?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Eating sweets.
(d) Begging for his job.
7. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It is too precise.
(b) It is not decorated well.
(c) It does not get enough light.
(d) It is a mess.
8. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(a) A blue velvet coat.
(b) A dressing gown.
(d) A suit and jacket.
9. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
(a) The conversation with Guillaume.
(b) All of these.
(c) How long he waited to commit the crime.
(d) Who Giovanni drank with ahead of time.
10. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) His old apartment.
(b) The train station.
(c) Hella's house.
(d) A park bench.
11. Where does David go without Hella?
(a) The prison.
(b) The United States.
12. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
(a) He doesn't care.
(b) All of these.
(c) He resents Giovanni.
(d) He takes it personally.
13. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(a) The postman.
(d) A sailor.
14. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
15. While David is in Europe, what does his father want from him?
(a) To visit his grandmother's grave.
(b) To speak to the Pope.
(c) To come home.
(d) To pick up some chocolates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
2. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
3. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
4. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
5. David thought about suicide when he was younger, but for what purpose?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)