|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
2. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
(a) Has a drink at work.
(b) Picks on ruffians.
(c) Starts ranting.
(d) Looks respectable.
3. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
(a) She has made David dinner.
(b) She is tired from travel.
(c) She has plans with her sister.
(d) She is mad at David.
4. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
(a) She enjoyed the experience.
(b) She wants to get married.
(c) She is in love with David.
(d) To be polite.
5. When David pictures Giovanni's in jail, what brings him to tears?
(a) The curtains.
(b) The noise.
(c) The dirt floor.
(d) Details about Giovanni.
6. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
(b) Giovanni's father.
7. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) Hella will follow him.
(b) He will no longer speak to him.
(c) Home will no longer exist.
(d) His father will disown him.
8. Why is Hella returning to Paris?
(a) David has proposed to her.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) She is suspicious of David.
(d) She is out of money.
9. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
10. In retrospect, why does David believe he moved in with Giovanni?
(a) To save money.
(b) Giovanni asked him.
(c) All of these.
(d) It was convenient.
11. What does Giovanni do to Guillaume, once learning he is fired?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Kisses him.
12. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) On long drives.
(b) On walks.
(c) At the dinner table.
(d) In bed.
13. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
14. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He has given up on life.
(b) He is afraid of Giovanni.
(c) He is too timid to leave.
(d) He is in love with Giovanni.
15. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
(b) Self defense.
(d) He pleads not guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
2. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
3. What did Giovanni steal from Guillaume's pockets, after murdering him?
4. The French news claims what is lost with Guillaume's murder?
5. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)