|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) All of these.
(b) To have a man to come home to.
(c) To have a family.
(d) To settle down.
2. Where does David go without Hella?
(a) The United States.
(c) The prison.
3. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She respects him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She pities him.
4. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
(a) Learn another language.
(b) Date rich men.
(c) Go to Europe.
(d) Forget their past.
5. How does David proposition Sue?
(a) He invites her to the bar.
(b) He asks her to a movie.
(c) He invites her to dinner.
(d) He asks to drink at her place.
6. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(a) The postman.
(d) A sailor.
7. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Entertaining the masses.
(b) Telling the truth.
(c) Creating heroes.
(d) Making money.
8. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
(a) Giovanni hears about it.
(b) He is not attracted to her.
(c) She reminds him of Hella.
(d) It is dishonest.
9. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
(b) A dirty little secret boy.
(d) All of these.
10. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) The train station.
(b) A park bench.
(c) His old apartment.
(d) Hella's house.
11. Why is Giovanni's face puffy when David goes to see him?
(a) He has spent too much time in the sun.
(b) He has a food allergy.
(c) From crying.
(d) He has been beaten up.
12. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His room.
(b) His family.
(c) His accent.
(d) His ambition.
13. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
14. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) At the dinner table.
(b) On walks.
(c) In bed.
(d) On long drives.
15. What does Sue think about the encounter with David?
(a) It is casual.
(b) It is a mistake.
(c) It is love.
(d) It is disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
2. While David is in Europe, what does his father want from him?
3. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
4. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
5. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)