|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David run into Giovanni, while with Hella?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) The bar.
(d) A symphony.
2. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
(a) If David is popular.
(b) If he is seeing anyone.
(c) If David has made any close friends.
(d) If David is homosexual.
3. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
(a) All of these.
(b) A dirty little secret boy.
4. How does David feel about Paris?
(a) He thinks it is filthy.
(b) He knows he does not belong.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He loves it.
5. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
(a) Looks respectable.
(b) Picks on ruffians.
(c) Starts ranting.
(d) Has a drink at work.
6. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
(a) All of these.
(b) He resents Giovanni.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He takes it personally.
7. What does Giovanni do to Guillaume, once learning he is fired?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Hugs him.
(d) Spits on him.
8. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(b) A suit and jacket.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A blue velvet coat.
9. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
(c) The family diamond.
(d) His blessing.
10. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He quit his job.
(b) He is scared to go outside.
(c) He got fired.
(d) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
11. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(a) The postman.
(d) A sailor.
12. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
(a) They were roommates.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They play soccer together.
(d) They went to school together.
13. David thought about suicide when he was younger, but for what purpose?
14. What tragedy has Giovanni recently endured?
(a) The death of his grandmother.
(b) A still-born child.
(c) Losing the family fortune.
(d) Losing his parents.
15. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. After sleeping with Giovanni, how many letters does David receive in the mail?
2. What does Sue think about the encounter with David?
3. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
4. Where does David pick up his mail?
5. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)