|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object do David and Giovanni seem to threaten one another with?
2. What country does David suggest he and Giovanni move to?
(a) The United States.
3. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
(a) Sit with a professional mediator.
(b) Go on vacation.
(c) Get drinks.
(d) Have dinner.
4. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(a) A blue velvet coat.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A suit and jacket.
5. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) Hella's house.
(b) A park bench.
(c) The train station.
(d) His old apartment.
6. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) His car.
(b) His clothes.
(c) A commitment.
(d) A promise ring.
7. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
(a) Giovanni hears about it.
(b) He is not attracted to her.
(c) She reminds him of Hella.
(d) It is dishonest.
8. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
(c) Self defense.
(d) He pleads not guilty.
9. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
(a) Learn another language.
(b) Forget their past.
(c) Go to Europe.
(d) Date rich men.
10. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
(a) If David has made any close friends.
(b) If he is seeing anyone.
(c) If David is homosexual.
(d) If David is popular.
11. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
(a) Giovanni's father.
12. When Giovanni is mad at David, what insult does he use to hurt him?
(a) David's lazy nature.
(b) David's nationality.
(c) David's homosexuality.
(d) David's timidity.
13. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
(a) All of these.
(b) The conversation with Guillaume.
(c) How long he waited to commit the crime.
(d) Who Giovanni drank with ahead of time.
14. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
15. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
2. Once Hella returns, what news does David send his father?
3. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
4. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
5. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)