|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They play soccer together.
(d) They were roommates.
2. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
(a) If David is popular.
(b) If David is homosexual.
(c) If David has made any close friends.
(d) If he is seeing anyone.
3. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
(a) He is conflicted about his relationship with Giovanni.
(b) He is tired of being poor.
(c) He has nothing to live for.
(d) He cannot handle the guilt of betraying Hella.
4. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
(a) A sweet dream.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A sanctuary.
(d) A prison.
5. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) His father will disown him.
(b) Hella will follow him.
(c) He will no longer speak to him.
(d) Home will no longer exist.
6. When David pictures Giovanni's in jail, what brings him to tears?
(a) The curtains.
(b) Details about Giovanni.
(c) The noise.
(d) The dirt floor.
7. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 3 days.
8. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
9. Where does David pick up his mail?
(a) American Express.
(b) The local hotel.
(c) Hella's apartment.
(d) British Post.
10. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
11. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He is afraid of Giovanni.
(b) He has given up on life.
(c) He is too timid to leave.
(d) He is in love with Giovanni.
12. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
(a) She has made David dinner.
(b) She is tired from travel.
(c) She has plans with her sister.
(d) She is mad at David.
13. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
(a) She reminds him of Hella.
(b) It is dishonest.
(c) Giovanni hears about it.
(d) He is not attracted to her.
14. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
(a) He resents Giovanni.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He takes it personally.
(d) All of these.
15. Why is Hella returning to Paris?
(a) She is suspicious of David.
(b) She misses her family.
(c) David has proposed to her.
(d) She is out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
2. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
3. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
4. Why does Giovanni think Guillaume fired him?
5. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)