|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David go without Hella?
(b) The United States.
(d) The prison.
2. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
(a) He has nothing to live for.
(b) He cannot handle the guilt of betraying Hella.
(c) He is tired of being poor.
(d) He is conflicted about his relationship with Giovanni.
3. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
(a) There are too many Americans present.
(b) He does not like the long walk.
(c) He does not want to pay David's mail bill.
(d) Giovanni sleeps during the day.
4. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She pities him.
(b) She respects him.
(c) She does not like him.
(d) She loves him.
5. Where does David pick up his mail?
(a) American Express.
(b) British Post.
(c) Hella's apartment.
(d) The local hotel.
6. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
7. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) HIs parents.
(b) Their future.
(c) Their past.
(d) Her trip.
8. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) To be polite.
(c) She enjoyed the experience.
(d) She is in love with David.
9. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
(a) She has dyed her hair red.
(b) He feels so happy.
(c) He feels so sad.
(d) He does not find her attractive.
10. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
(a) Get drinks.
(b) Sit with a professional mediator.
(c) Go on vacation.
(d) Have dinner.
11. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) All of these.
(b) To have a man to come home to.
(c) To have a family.
(d) To settle down.
12. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
(a) They have more style.
(b) They have better table manners.
(c) They speak clearly.
(d) They seem like country rubes.
13. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
(b) A dirty little secret boy.
(d) All of these.
14. What body part of Hella's intimidates David?
15. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
(b) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
2. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
3. What does David avoid telling his father?
4. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
5. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)