|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Making money.
(b) Creating heroes.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Entertaining the masses.
2. While David is in Europe, what concerns David's father about their relationship?
(a) David refuses to speak to him.
(b) David never mentions his mother.
(c) David will not let him visit.
(d) David does not write enough.
3. When David returns from his affair with Sue, what is Giovanni drinking?
4. Where does Giovanni stay while awaiting his trial?
(a) With Jacques.
(b) With David.
(c) In prison.
(d) Giovanni's room.
5. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He is too timid to leave.
(b) He has given up on life.
(c) He is in love with Giovanni.
(d) He is afraid of Giovanni.
6. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(b) Lying about his heritage.
(c) Secretly tortured.
7. David considers Giovanni weak for doing what?
(a) Eating sweets.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Begging for his job.
8. How does David proposition Sue?
(a) He asks to drink at her place.
(b) He invites her to the bar.
(c) He invites her to dinner.
(d) He asks her to a movie.
9. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
(a) Who Giovanni drank with ahead of time.
(b) The conversation with Guillaume.
(c) All of these.
(d) How long he waited to commit the crime.
10. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
11. Once Hella returns, what news does David send his father?
(a) He will return to America.
(b) He and Hella will honeymoon in Europe.
(c) All of these.
(d) He and Hella will be married.
12. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
13. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(c) His father.
(d) His aunt.
14. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) HIs parents.
(b) Her trip.
(c) Their past.
(d) Their future.
15. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) On walks.
(b) At the dinner table.
(c) On long drives.
(d) In bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
2. What does Hella want out of life?
3. What does David's father avoid asking David, regarding his personal relationships?
4. How does David feel about Paris?
5. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)