|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
2. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) A promise ring.
(b) His car.
(c) A commitment.
(d) His clothes.
3. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
(a) Giovanni's father.
4. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
(a) They are close friends.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They play soccer together.
(d) They were roommates.
5. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(a) His father.
(d) His aunt.
6. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
(a) Picks on ruffians.
(b) Looks respectable.
(c) Has a drink at work.
(d) Starts ranting.
7. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It is not decorated well.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It does not get enough light.
(d) It is too precise.
8. Why is Giovanni's face puffy when David goes to see him?
(a) He has a food allergy.
(b) He has spent too much time in the sun.
(c) He has been beaten up.
(d) From crying.
9. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
(d) His father.
10. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
(a) They seem like country rubes.
(b) They have more style.
(c) They speak clearly.
(d) They have better table manners.
11. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) He swears at the landlord.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He punches David.
12. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
(a) His blessing.
(b) The family diamond.
13. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(a) Secretly tortured.
(c) Lying about his heritage.
14. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
(a) All of these.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He takes it personally.
(d) He resents Giovanni.
15. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) His father will disown him.
(b) Hella will follow him.
(c) Home will no longer exist.
(d) He will no longer speak to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
2. Why does Giovanni think Guillaume fired him?
3. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
4. What does Giovanni compare Guillaume's body to?
5. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)