|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
(d) All of these.
2. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) Home will no longer exist.
(b) Hella will follow him.
(c) His father will disown him.
(d) He will no longer speak to him.
3. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
(b) His blessing.
(c) The family diamond.
4. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
5. What body part of Hella's intimidates David?
6. Why is Hella returning to Paris?
(a) She is out of money.
(b) David has proposed to her.
(c) She is suspicious of David.
(d) She misses her family.
7. What begins to seem unclean to David?
(a) Hella's breath.
(b) His house.
(c) His body.
(d) Hella's undergarments.
8. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He is scared to go outside.
(b) He quit his job.
(c) He got fired.
(d) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
9. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
10. Who did Giovanni have a happy relationship with, prior to David?
(a) A French woman.
(c) An Italian woman.
(d) A sailor.
11. In retrospect, why does David believe he moved in with Giovanni?
(a) All of these.
(b) It was convenient.
(c) To save money.
(d) Giovanni asked him.
12. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) Hella's house.
(b) His old apartment.
(c) A park bench.
(d) The train station.
13. What object do David and Giovanni seem to threaten one another with?
14. How does David proposition Sue?
(a) He invites her to the bar.
(b) He asks to drink at her place.
(c) He invites her to dinner.
(d) He asks her to a movie.
15. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
(a) She knew Guillaume.
(b) All of these.
(c) David lived with the murderer.
(d) She thinks David did it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
2. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
3. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
4. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
5. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)