|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David feel about Paris?
(a) He hates it.
(b) He loves it.
(c) He knows he does not belong.
(d) He thinks it is filthy.
2. Once Hella returns, what news does David send his father?
(a) All of these.
(b) He will return to America.
(c) He and Hella will be married.
(d) He and Hella will honeymoon in Europe.
3. Where does David pick up his mail?
(a) The local hotel.
(b) British Post.
(c) Hella's apartment.
(d) American Express.
4. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
(a) He does not find her attractive.
(b) He feels so sad.
(c) He feels so happy.
(d) She has dyed her hair red.
5. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
(c) All of these.
6. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
(a) They play soccer together.
(b) They are close friends.
(c) They were roommates.
(d) They went to school together.
7. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
(a) Giovanni's father.
8. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
(a) He does not like the long walk.
(b) Giovanni sleeps during the day.
(c) There are too many Americans present.
(d) He does not want to pay David's mail bill.
9. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
10. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He quit his job.
(b) He got fired.
(c) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
(d) He is scared to go outside.
11. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) It was so gruesome.
(b) It was the third murder at that bar.
(c) His ancestors were important.
(d) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
12. How does David proposition Sue?
(a) He invites her to the bar.
(b) He invites her to dinner.
(c) He asks to drink at her place.
(d) He asks her to a movie.
13. Where does Giovanni stay while awaiting his trial?
(a) With David.
(b) In prison.
(c) Giovanni's room.
(d) With Jacques.
14. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He is in love with Giovanni.
(b) He is afraid of Giovanni.
(c) He is too timid to leave.
(d) He has given up on life.
15. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(a) The postman.
(c) A sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
2. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
3. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
4. When Giovanni is mad at David, what insult does he use to hurt him?
5. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)