|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A suit and jacket.
(c) A blue velvet coat.
2. What role does David take on while Giovanni is at work?
3. In retrospect, why does David believe he moved in with Giovanni?
(a) It was convenient.
(b) Giovanni asked him.
(c) All of these.
(d) To save money.
4. What does David avoid telling his father?
(a) His engagement to Hella.
(b) His relationship with Giovanni.
(c) All of these.
(d) His financial situation.
5. What does Giovanni do to Guillaume, once learning he is fired?
(a) Spits on him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Hugs him.
6. How does David feel about Paris?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He thinks it is filthy.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He knows he does not belong.
7. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
8. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) A commitment.
(b) A promise ring.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His car.
9. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
(b) The same.
(d) Too educated.
10. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
(a) Pursuing him.
(b) Lying to him.
(c) Drugging him.
(d) Making fun of him.
11. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
12. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) To have a man to come home to.
(b) To settle down.
(c) To have a family.
(d) All of these.
13. While David is in Europe, what concerns David's father about their relationship?
(a) David will not let him visit.
(b) David does not write enough.
(c) David refuses to speak to him.
(d) David never mentions his mother.
14. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) It was the third murder at that bar.
(b) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
(c) It was so gruesome.
(d) His ancestors were important.
15. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
(a) All of these.
(b) She knew Guillaume.
(c) David lived with the murderer.
(d) She thinks David did it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
2. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
3. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
4. David thought about suicide when he was younger, but for what purpose?
5. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)