|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David pick up his mail?
(a) Hella's apartment.
(b) The local hotel.
(c) American Express.
(d) British Post.
2. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
(a) His father.
3. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
(a) Self defense.
(b) He pleads not guilty.
4. Why is Giovanni's face puffy when David goes to see him?
(a) From crying.
(b) He has a food allergy.
(c) He has spent too much time in the sun.
(d) He has been beaten up.
5. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
(c) His living situation.
6. The French news claims what is lost with Guillaume's murder?
(a) Respect for humanity.
(b) A great bar.
(c) French history.
(d) A brilliant mind.
7. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It does not get enough light.
(b) It is too precise.
(c) It is not decorated well.
(d) It is a mess.
8. What begins to seem unclean to David?
(a) Hella's undergarments.
(b) Hella's breath.
(c) His house.
(d) His body.
9. What does David imagine Giovanni did, prior to the murder?
(a) The conversation with Guillaume.
(b) How long he waited to commit the crime.
(c) Who Giovanni drank with ahead of time.
(d) All of these.
10. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
(a) She does not like him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She respects him.
(d) She pities him.
11. What does David attempt to avoid discussing with Hella?
(a) Her trip.
(b) Their future.
(c) HIs parents.
(d) Their past.
12. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) The train station.
(b) His old apartment.
(c) Hella's house.
(d) A park bench.
13. According to her letter, Hella will visit what city prior to returning to Paris?
14. Where does David go without Hella?
(a) The prison.
(d) The United States.
15. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His ambition.
(b) His family.
(c) His accent.
(d) His room.
Short Answer Questions
1. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
2. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
3. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
4. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
5. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)