|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
(d) His living situation.
2. What does David avoid telling his father?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His relationship with Giovanni.
(c) His engagement to Hella.
(d) All of these.
3. What does Giovanni compare Guillaume's body to?
(a) The local pig.
(b) Overripe tomato.
(c) Sour milk.
(d) Stale coffee.
4. Why does David want to sleep with Sue?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) To prove to himself he likes women.
(c) To punish Giovanni.
(d) He is getting married.
5. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
(a) Has a drink at work.
(b) Picks on ruffians.
(c) Looks respectable.
(d) Starts ranting.
6. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) He swears at the landlord.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He punches David.
7. What begins to seem unclean to David?
(a) His house.
(b) Hella's undergarments.
(c) Hella's breath.
(d) His body.
8. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
(a) A prison.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A sanctuary.
(d) A sweet dream.
9. What bothers David about the interaction with Sue?
(a) It is dishonest.
(b) He is not attracted to her.
(c) Giovanni hears about it.
(d) She reminds him of Hella.
10. When David pictures Giovanni's in jail, what brings him to tears?
(a) The noise.
(b) The dirt floor.
(c) Details about Giovanni.
(d) The curtains.
11. Why is Hella returning to Paris?
(a) She is suspicious of David.
(b) David has proposed to her.
(c) She is out of money.
(d) She misses her family.
12. What does Sue think about the encounter with David?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is a mistake.
(c) It is love.
(d) It is casual.
13. What tragedy has Giovanni recently endured?
(a) A still-born child.
(b) Losing his parents.
(c) The death of his grandmother.
(d) Losing the family fortune.
14. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) The train station.
(b) His old apartment.
(c) Hella's house.
(d) A park bench.
15. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
(a) She is in love with David.
(b) She enjoyed the experience.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) To be polite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
2. David considers Giovanni weak for doing what?
3. How does Hella feel about Jacque?
4. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
5. How does David proposition Sue?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)