|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 month.
2. What does Giovanni compare Guillaume's body to?
(a) The local pig.
(b) Sour milk.
(c) Stale coffee.
(d) Overripe tomato.
3. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
4. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He punches David.
(b) He swears at the landlord.
(c) He breaks a glass.
(d) He breaks a window.
5. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) To have a man to come home to.
(b) To have a family.
(c) All of these.
(d) To settle down.
6. What does Giovanni do to Guillaume, once learning he is fired?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Punches him.
(d) Spits on him.
7. What does David criticize about Giovanni?
(a) His accent.
(b) His ambition.
(c) His family.
(d) His room.
8. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
(c) All of these.
(d) A dirty little secret boy.
9. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
(b) It was the third murder at that bar.
(c) It was so gruesome.
(d) His ancestors were important.
10. After sleeping with Giovanni, how many letters does David receive in the mail?
11. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
(a) Drugging him.
(b) Lying to him.
(c) Making fun of him.
(d) Pursuing him.
12. What is Guillaume wearing when he fires Giovanni?
(a) A suit and jacket.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A blue velvet coat.
13. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Making money.
(b) Entertaining the masses.
(c) Telling the truth.
(d) Creating heroes.
14. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(a) Secretly tortured.
(b) Lying about his heritage.
15. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
(a) They have more style.
(b) They seem like country rubes.
(c) They speak clearly.
(d) They have better table manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
2. What surprises David about seeing Hella again?
3. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
4. Why does Giovanni think Guillaume fired him?
5. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)