|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giovanni plead as his motive?
(c) He pleads not guilty.
(d) Self defense.
2. Giovanni believes he can tell Guillaume is in a bad mood when he does what?
(a) Looks respectable.
(b) Picks on ruffians.
(c) Has a drink at work.
(d) Starts ranting.
3. Where does David run into Giovanni, while with Hella?
(a) A symphony.
(b) The bar.
(c) A bookstore.
4. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He is in love with Giovanni.
(b) He is afraid of Giovanni.
(c) He has given up on life.
(d) He is too timid to leave.
5. Why does Giovanni refuse to pick up mail with David?
(a) Giovanni sleeps during the day.
(b) There are too many Americans present.
(c) He does not want to pay David's mail bill.
(d) He does not like the long walk.
6. Where does David pick up his mail?
(a) The local hotel.
(b) Hella's apartment.
(c) British Post.
(d) American Express.
7. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Making money.
(c) Creating heroes.
(d) Entertaining the masses.
8. David considers Giovanni weak for doing what?
(a) Begging for his job.
(b) Eating sweets.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
9. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 1 week.
10. Guillaume accuses Giovanni of what?
(a) Making fun of him.
(b) Drugging him.
(c) Pursuing him.
(d) Lying to him.
11. What does David think of Americans, in comparison to the French?
(a) They speak clearly.
(b) They have better table manners.
(c) They have more style.
(d) They seem like country rubes.
12. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a window.
(b) He punches David.
(c) He swears at the landlord.
(d) He breaks a glass.
13. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
(c) A dirty little secret boy.
(d) All of these.
14. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(b) Lying about his heritage.
(d) Secretly tortured.
15. What does David lie to Giovanni about?
(c) His living situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hella returning to Paris?
2. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
3. To assist with the relationship with Hella, what does David ask his father for?
4. What does David want out of life that he believes he cannot have if he is homosexual?
5. Once Hella returns, what news does David send his father?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)