|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) Hella's house.
(b) His old apartment.
(c) A park bench.
(d) The train station.
2. What violent outburst comes from Giovanni, after he gets fired.
(a) He breaks a glass.
(b) He punches David.
(c) He breaks a window.
(d) He swears at the landlord.
3. What does Hella want out of life?
(a) To have a man to come home to.
(b) All of these.
(c) To have a family.
(d) To settle down.
4. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) A commitment.
(b) His car.
(c) A promise ring.
(d) His clothes.
5. What affliction does David begin to suffer from, once Giovanni is in prison?
6. What country does David suggest he and Giovanni move to?
(b) The United States.
7. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
(a) Too educated.
(c) The same.
8. What bothers David about Giovanni's room?
(a) It does not get enough light.
(b) It is a mess.
(c) It is too precise.
(d) It is not decorated well.
9. After David and Giovanni share their first sexual encounter, why does David stay?
(a) He is afraid of Giovanni.
(b) He is too timid to leave.
(c) He has given up on life.
(d) He is in love with Giovanni.
10. Why does Sue ask David to meet up with her again?
(a) She is in love with David.
(b) To be polite.
(c) She wants to get married.
(d) She enjoyed the experience.
11. Why is Hella shocked when Guillaume is murdered?
(a) She knew Guillaume.
(b) All of these.
(c) David lived with the murderer.
(d) She thinks David did it.
12. Where does Hella ask many questions about Giovanni?
(a) In bed.
(b) On walks.
(c) At the dinner table.
(d) On long drives.
13. Why is the murder of Guillaume big news?
(a) The neighborhood was formerly crime-free.
(b) It was so gruesome.
(c) His ancestors were important.
(d) It was the third murder at that bar.
14. Right after sleeping with Giovanni, who tries to pick up on David?
(c) A sailor.
(d) The postman.
15. Who did Giovanni have a happy relationship with, prior to David?
(a) A French woman.
(c) An Italian woman.
(d) A sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guillaume call Giovanni when he fires him?
2. Where does Giovanni stay while awaiting his trial?
3. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
4. Where does David run into Giovanni, while with Hella?
5. Where does David go without Hella?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)