|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
(a) Telling the truth.
(b) Making money.
(c) Creating heroes.
(d) Entertaining the masses.
2. At Giovanni's behest, who does David plan to ask for money?
(a) His aunt.
(d) His father.
3. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
(a) He cannot handle the guilt of betraying Hella.
(b) He is conflicted about his relationship with Giovanni.
(c) He is tired of being poor.
(d) He has nothing to live for.
4. Who keeps in touch with Giovanni's lawyer?
(a) Giovanni's father.
5. Who did Giovanni turn to for help when David left him?
(b) His father.
6. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 days.
7. Why does Hella decline the invitation to spend time with Jacques and Giovanni?
(a) She has plans with her sister.
(b) She is tired from travel.
(c) She has made David dinner.
(d) She is mad at David.
8. Where does David meet Hella when she comes back to town?
(a) A park bench.
(b) The train station.
(c) Hella's house.
(d) His old apartment.
9. Giovanni claims all Americans are what?
(a) The same.
(b) Too educated.
10. How does David feel after the encounter with Sue?
(b) All of these.
11. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
(a) He will no longer speak to him.
(b) His father will disown him.
(c) Hella will follow him.
(d) Home will no longer exist.
12. David compares the house he lives in with Hella to what?
(a) A sweet dream.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A prison.
(d) A sanctuary.
13. What object do David and Giovanni seem to threaten one another with?
14. What does Giovanni want from David?
(a) His clothes.
(b) A commitment.
(c) His car.
(d) A promise ring.
15. Why is Giovanni home from work after David's affair with Sue?
(a) He was worried about David's whereabouts.
(b) He got fired.
(c) He quit his job.
(d) He is scared to go outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the murder, David admits to Hella that he felt what for Giovanni?
2. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
3. What body part of Hella's intimidates David?
4. What does Giovanni do to Guillaume, once learning he is fired?
5. Jacques suggests that he, Giovanni, David, and Hella do what?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)