|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Shut him out.
(c) Go out with him.
(d) Fall in love with him.
2. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) They are the same age.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
(a) A dining room.
(b) David's house.
(c) A banquet hall.
(d) Giovanni's room.
4. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
(a) Embrace his youth.
(b) Leave Europe.
(c) Kiss Giovanni.
(d) Find a nice girl.
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
(a) Work in the mines.
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Join a theatre company.
6. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) Father to son.
(c) He does not want a relationship.
(d) A friendship.
7. Once David begins the affair with Giovanni, how does he feel?
(a) As though life has gotten easier.
(b) Ashamed of his sexuality.
(d) Like he can do better.
8. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) To get away from his family.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) To learn about a different culture.
9. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
(b) Jacques' father.
(c) The landlord.
10. Who is Madame Clothilde?
(a) Giovanni's mother.
(b) David's landlord.
(c) Giovanni's sister.
(d) Giovanni's former employer.
11. When does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) Two days after they begin a physical relationship.
(b) A month after they begin a physical relationship.
(c) A week after they begin a physical relationship.
(d) Right after they begin a physical relationship.
12. Who shares a running commentary about the potential relationship between David and Giovanni?
(a) Jacques and Giovanni.
(b) The bartender.
(c) David's father.
(d) Giullaume and Jacques.
13. When Jacques is first attracted to Giovanni, what does David do?
(a) Throws a drink in Jacques' face.
(b) Gets jealous.
(c) Encourages Jacques to make a move.
(d) Berates him for being homosexual.
14. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) Hella kicks David out.
(b) He does not have a place to stay.
(c) To spend more time with him.
(d) Giovanni is scared of the dark.
15. Why is David evicted from his apartment?
(a) Loud noise.
(b) Too many debts.
(c) Giovanni sleeps over.
(d) Hella sleeps over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
2. Where is the picture of David's mother kept?
3. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
4. Why does David want to keep Hella from finding out about Giovanni?
5. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)