|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the thought of Hella's return, how does David feel?
2. To Jacques, David pretends the conversation was what?
(b) Barely decipherable.
3. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) A friendship.
(b) Father to son.
(d) He does not want a relationship.
4. Where is the picture of David's mother kept?
(a) There are no pictures of his mother.
(b) In his room.
(c) In his father's room.
(d) On the mantle.
5. Where does Hella go, following David's relationship with Giovanni?
(c) She stays in Paris.
6. When does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) A month after they begin a physical relationship.
(b) Right after they begin a physical relationship.
(c) A week after they begin a physical relationship.
(d) Two days after they begin a physical relationship.
7. What is the main difference between David and Jacques?
(b) Sexual preference.
(d) Hair color.
8. What happens to David's attraction to Hella, after the conversation with Giovanni?
(a) It weakens.
(b) It remains the same.
(c) It intensifies.
(d) It vanishes altogether.
9. Who shares a running commentary about the potential relationship between David and Giovanni?
(a) The bartender.
(b) Giullaume and Jacques.
(c) Jacques and Giovanni.
(d) David's father.
10. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
(a) All of these.
11. After his sexual experience with Joey, what is David worried about?
(a) His masculinity.
(b) His mother finding out.
(c) Joey's girlfriend.
12. What does David compare life in Giovanni's room to?
(a) Existing beneath the sea.
(b) Heaven and hell.
(d) Existing out in space.
13. Once David starts dating Giuseppe, how does Guillaume feel about him?
(a) He respects David.
(b) He does not like David.
(c) He admires David.
(d) He is suspicious of David.
14. What does David crash into while driving drunk?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A person.
(c) His house.
(d) A telephone pole.
15. How does Joey initiate the sexual relationship with David?
(a) He wakes David up.
(b) He reads David poetry.
(c) He tries to snuggle.
(d) He cooks dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
2. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
3. Jacques believes Giullaume's love life to be what?
4. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
5. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)