|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
(a) He becomes attracted to other men.
(b) He realizes Giovanni is a fraud.
(c) He starts losing sleep.
(d) He falls in love.
2. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) To get away from his family.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) His sexual orientation.
(d) To learn about a different culture.
3. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
4. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
(b) They talk about Hella for hours.
(c) They sleep together.
(d) They get in a fight.
5. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
(d) Vague interest.
6. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
(a) It becomes passionate.
(b) David realizes he loves her.
(c) It improves.
(d) It decays.
7. What event removes Joey from David's life?
(a) Joey dies.
(b) David threatens Joey's life.
(c) Joey's family moves away.
(d) Joey's mother dies.
8. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) One year.
9. Where does David go with Giovanni, once the bar closes?
(c) His house.
10. How does Ellen act when company is present?
(b) All of these.
(c) She is rude to her brother.
(d) Polite to guests.
11. What happens to David as a result of his car accident?
(a) He is paralyzed for six months.
(b) He has to spend time in jail.
(c) He is knocked unconscious.
(d) He has an ugly scar on his face.
12. Why is David reluctant to interact with Giovanni?
(a) David is attracted to him.
(b) Giovanni has bad breath.
(c) Giovanni is trying to borrow money.
(d) David has heard rumors about him.
13. Why is there traffic after the bar closes?
(a) It is rush hour.
(b) There is a farmer's market.
(d) There is an accident.
14. At the thought of Hella's return, how does David feel?
15. Why do David and Giovanni stop talking?
(a) Jacques interrupts.
(b) Giovanni is at work.
(c) David loses interest.
(d) Giovanni angers David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does David get the money to live on his own?
2. How does David treat Joey, following their sexual encounter?
3. How does David feel after his conversation with Giovanni?
4. What does the landlady ask David regarding Hella?
5. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)