|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of David's faults?
(a) He is a socialist.
(b) He chews with his mouth open.
(c) He is a prolific liar.
(d) He does not want to marry.
2. What do Jacques and David first doubt about Giovanni?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) His nationality.
(c) His accent.
(d) His sincerity.
3. Where is Giovanni from?
(a) The United States.
4. What time does the bar close, the night David meets Giovanni?
(a) 2 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
5. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
(c) All of these.
6. Giovanni believes Paris to be what?
(d) All of these.
7. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
(d) His father.
8. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Work in the mines.
(c) Join a theatre company.
(d) Join the army.
9. David feels his relationship with Hella was lacking what?
(b) Intellectual conversation.
10. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) They are the same age.
11. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
(a) The judge.
(b) His father.
(d) No one.
12. How does Ellen act when company is present?
(a) Polite to guests.
(b) She is rude to her brother.
(c) All of these.
13. When does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) A month after they begin a physical relationship.
(b) A week after they begin a physical relationship.
(c) Two days after they begin a physical relationship.
(d) Right after they begin a physical relationship.
14. Who does David spend most of his time with once he moves in with Giovanni?
(a) The neighbors.
(b) The landlord.
15. After dating Giovanni, what does David think about the situation with Hella?
(a) It is complicated.
(b) It is embarrassing.
(c) It is ridiculous.
(d) It is an obvious choice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual patrons are at the bar David patronizes after being evicted?
2. Where does David go with Giovanni, once the bar closes?
3. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
4. Where is Hella when David meets Giovanni?
5. What does David crash into while driving drunk?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)