|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does David serve in the novel?
(c) Main character.
(d) All of these.
2. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
(a) They do not meet again.
(b) In the army.
(c) At David's parent's house.
(d) At college.
3. How does David feel after having sex with Joey?
4. What do David and Giovanni talk about, when they first meet?
(a) Their homosexuality.
(b) How much money they have.
(c) The differences between countries.
5. Where is Hella when David meets Giovanni?
6. What do Jacques and David first doubt about Giovanni?
(a) His sincerity.
(b) His sexual orientation.
(c) His nationality.
(d) His accent.
7. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
(a) Hella returns home.
(b) The landlord kicks him out.
(c) He is no longer in love.
(d) Giovanni kicks him out.
8. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
(a) The landlord.
(d) Jacques' father.
9. Why is David reluctant to interact with Giovanni?
(a) David is attracted to him.
(b) Giovanni is trying to borrow money.
(c) Giovanni has bad breath.
(d) David has heard rumors about him.
10. Where is Giovanni from?
(c) The United States.
11. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) A friendship.
(b) Father to son.
(c) He does not want a relationship.
12. What does Giovanni respect about women?
(a) Their physique.
(b) Their inner life.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their shrewd behavior.
13. What did Giovanni do in order to stay in the country?
(a) Sell drugs.
(b) Steal from his employer.
(c) Let Giullaume take advantage of him.
(d) Play guitar in the subway.
14. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
(a) No one.
(c) His father.
(d) The judge.
15. What type of bar do Jacques and David go to, following David's eviction?
(a) A biker bar.
(b) A wine bar.
(c) A gay bar.
(d) A cigar bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times did David tell Hella he loved her?
2. What is one of David's faults?
3. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
4. How Madame Clothilde greet Giovanni when she sees him?
5. What event removes Joey from David's life?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)