|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
(a) Giovanni kicks him out.
(b) He is no longer in love.
(c) Hella returns home.
(d) The landlord kicks him out.
2. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
(b) They sleep together.
(c) They talk about Hella for hours.
(d) They get in a fight.
3. How does Ellen treat her brother?
(a) She looks up to him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) With affection.
4. Where does David go with Giovanni, once the bar closes?
(b) His house.
5. Who shares a running commentary about the potential relationship between David and Giovanni?
(a) Jacques and Giovanni.
(b) The bartender.
(c) David's father.
(d) Giullaume and Jacques.
6. Why is there traffic after the bar closes?
(a) There is an accident.
(c) It is rush hour.
(d) There is a farmer's market.
7. David feels his relationship with Hella was lacking what?
(c) Intellectual conversation.
8. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
(a) Leave Europe.
(b) Find a nice girl.
(c) Embrace his youth.
(d) Kiss Giovanni.
9. How Madame Clothilde greet Giovanni when she sees him?
(a) Kisses him on the lips.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Asks him for the money he owes her.
(d) Hugs him.
10. What does Giovanni respect about women?
(a) Their inner life.
(b) Their physique.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their shrewd behavior.
11. When does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) A month after they begin a physical relationship.
(b) Right after they begin a physical relationship.
(c) Two days after they begin a physical relationship.
(d) A week after they begin a physical relationship.
12. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) He does not want a relationship.
(b) A friendship.
(d) Father to son.
13. What does David blame Giovanni for?
(a) Flirting with Jacques.
(b) Being late on rent.
(c) Their involvement.
(d) Stealing money from the bar.
14. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
(a) Juggle both relationships.
(b) End the relationship with Giovanni.
(c) Tell Hella the truth and let her decide.
(d) End the relationship with Hella.
15. Jacques believes Giullaume's love life to be what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bar do Jacques and David go to, following David's eviction?
2. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
3. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
4. What time does the bar close, the night David meets Giovanni?
5. What does Giovanni do for a living?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)