|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices the interaction between Giovanni and David?
(a) Most of the club members.
(c) David's father.
(d) The police.
2. Who does David spend most of his time with once he moves in with Giovanni?
(b) The landlord.
(d) The neighbors.
3. To Jacques, David pretends the conversation was what?
(a) Barely decipherable.
4. How Madame Clothilde greet Giovanni when she sees him?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Kisses him on the lips.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Asks him for the money he owes her.
5. Where is Hella when David meets Giovanni?
6. What is one of David's faults?
(a) He is a socialist.
(b) He is a prolific liar.
(c) He chews with his mouth open.
(d) He does not want to marry.
7. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) They talk about Hella for hours.
(b) They sleep together.
(c) They get in a fight.
(d) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
8. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
(b) No one.
(c) His father.
(d) The judge.
9. What do Jacques and David first doubt about Giovanni?
(a) His sincerity.
(b) His nationality.
(c) His sexual orientation.
(d) His accent.
10. Giovanni believes Paris to be what?
(d) All of these.
11. What does Giovanni do for a living?
(a) Waits tables.
(d) Works as a valet.
12. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
(b) The summer with Joey.
(d) High school.
13. At the thought of Hella's return, how does David feel?
14. When does David meet Giovanni?
(a) His third year in England.
(b) His first year in Paris.
(c) His first year in England.
(d) His second year in Paris.
15. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
(a) Jacques' father.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques believe might happen to David?
2. Where does David get the money to live on his own?
3. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
4. Why does David want to keep Hella from finding out about Giovanni?
5. What unusual patrons are at the bar David patronizes after being evicted?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)