|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main difference between David and Jacques?
(a) Sexual preference.
(d) Hair color.
2. What did Giovanni do in order to stay in the country?
(a) Let Giullaume take advantage of him.
(b) Play guitar in the subway.
(c) Steal from his employer.
(d) Sell drugs.
3. Giovanni claims that one day he might do what?
(a) Open a bar.
(b) Have a mistress again.
(c) Swim the English Channel.
(d) Move to America.
4. What is immediately apparent, when David and Giovanni meet?
(a) David is allergic to olives.
(b) A mutual attraction.
(c) Giovanni is much more intelligent.
(d) They do not like each other.
5. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
(b) The summer with Joey.
(c) High school.
6. What does David compare life in Giovanni's room to?
(a) Existing beneath the sea.
(b) Heaven and hell.
(c) Existing out in space.
7. What time does the bar close, the night David meets Giovanni?
(a) 4 a.m.
(b) 5 a.m.
(d) 2 a.m.
8. Who does David spend most of his time with once he moves in with Giovanni?
(c) The landlord.
(d) The neighbors.
9. How Madame Clothilde greet Giovanni when she sees him?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Asks him for the money he owes her.
(d) Kisses him on the lips.
10. Once David begins the affair with Giovanni, how does he feel?
(a) Ashamed of his sexuality.
(b) Like he can do better.
(c) As though life has gotten easier.
11. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Go out with him.
(c) Fall in love with him.
(d) Shut him out.
12. Jacques believes Giullaume's love life to be what?
13. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) One year.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) Two years.
(d) Ten years.
14. Why does David move out of Giovanni's apartment?
(a) Hella returns home.
(b) Giovanni kicks him out.
(c) He is no longer in love.
(d) The landlord kicks him out.
15. What significant person scolds David for his drunk driving accident?
(a) No one.
(b) The judge.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
2. What is one of David's faults?
3. How does Ellen treat her brother?
4. When does David move in with Giovanni?
5. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)