|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jacques is first attracted to Giovanni, what does David do?
(a) Berates him for being homosexual.
(b) Gets jealous.
(c) Encourages Jacques to make a move.
(d) Throws a drink in Jacques' face.
2. How does David describe Giovanni's lips?
3. Why is David reluctant to interact with Giovanni?
(a) Giovanni has bad breath.
(b) Giovanni is trying to borrow money.
(c) David is attracted to him.
(d) David has heard rumors about him.
4. How does Ellen treat her brother?
(b) She ignores him.
(c) With affection.
(d) She looks up to him.
5. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
(d) All of these.
6. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) To get away from his family.
(c) To learn about a different culture.
(d) His lack of money.
7. After dating Giovanni, what does David think about the situation with Hella?
(a) It is an obvious choice.
(b) It is complicated.
(c) It is ridiculous.
(d) It is embarrassing.
8. What is Giullaume's life filled with?
(a) Alcohol and drugs.
(b) Emotional relationships.
(c) Physical relationships.
(d) Broken hearts.
9. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) Father to son.
(b) He does not want a relationship.
(d) A friendship.
10. How does David feel after having sex with Joey?
11. What secret does David share with Giovanni?
(a) He is dating a woman.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He belongs in debtor's prison.
(d) He does not like red meat.
12. At the thought of Hella's return, how does David feel?
13. What type of bar do Jacques and David go to, following David's eviction?
(a) A cigar bar.
(b) A wine bar.
(c) A biker bar.
(d) A gay bar.
14. Who shares a running commentary about the potential relationship between David and Giovanni?
(a) Jacques and Giovanni.
(b) The bartender.
(c) Giullaume and Jacques.
(d) David's father.
15. Giovanni claims that one day he might do what?
(a) Move to America.
(b) Swim the English Channel.
(c) Open a bar.
(d) Have a mistress again.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does David meet Giovanni?
2. Who notices the interaction between Giovanni and David?
3. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
4. To Jacques, David pretends the conversation was what?
5. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)