|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giovanni claims that one day he might do what?
(a) Swim the English Channel.
(b) Move to America.
(c) Open a bar.
(d) Have a mistress again.
2. What do Jacques and David first doubt about Giovanni?
(a) His sincerity.
(b) His sexual orientation.
(c) His accent.
(d) His nationality.
3. What role does David serve in the novel?
(b) All of these.
(c) Main character.
4. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) Giovanni is scared of the dark.
(b) He does not have a place to stay.
(c) Hella kicks David out.
(d) To spend more time with him.
5. What does David blame Giovanni for?
(a) Stealing money from the bar.
(b) Being late on rent.
(c) Flirting with Jacques.
(d) Their involvement.
6. Where does Giovanni spend time apart from David?
(b) When he is fishing.
(c) His morning jog.
(d) At work.
7. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
8. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
(a) He starts losing sleep.
(b) He becomes attracted to other men.
(c) He realizes Giovanni is a fraud.
(d) He falls in love.
9. Why is David evicted from his apartment?
(a) Hella sleeps over.
(b) Too many debts.
(c) Giovanni sleeps over.
(d) Loud noise.
10. What secret does David share with Giovanni?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He is dating a woman.
(c) He does not like red meat.
(d) He belongs in debtor's prison.
11. Where does Hella go, following David's relationship with Giovanni?
(d) She stays in Paris.
12. When does David meet Giovanni?
(a) His first year in Paris.
(b) His first year in England.
(c) His third year in England.
(d) His second year in Paris.
13. Where does David go with Giovanni, once the bar closes?
(c) His house.
14. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
(a) Juggle both relationships.
(b) End the relationship with Hella.
(c) End the relationship with Giovanni.
(d) Tell Hella the truth and let her decide.
15. How does Ellen treat her brother?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She looks up to him.
(d) With affection.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
2. What event removes Joey from David's life?
3. What does Jacques offer David, after meeting Giovanni?
4. Why does David want to keep Hella from finding out about Giovanni?
5. What does David crash into while driving drunk?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)