|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
(a) He does not want a relationship.
(b) Father to son.
(c) A friendship.
2. What type of bar do Jacques and David go to, following David's eviction?
(a) A cigar bar.
(b) A wine bar.
(c) A gay bar.
(d) A biker bar.
3. What do Guillaume and Jacques do when men are present?
(b) Tell loud jokes.
(c) Flirt with women.
(d) Check them out.
4. What happens to David's attraction to Hella, after the conversation with Giovanni?
(a) It weakens.
(b) It remains the same.
(c) It intensifies.
(d) It vanishes altogether.
5. How does David feel about his attraction to Giovanni?
(c) All of these.
6. What does Jacques offer David, after meeting Giovanni?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A truce.
(d) A bet.
7. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) Two years.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
8. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) To learn about a different culture.
(d) To get away from his family.
9. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
(d) Vague interest.
10. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
(b) They sleep together.
(c) They talk about Hella for hours.
(d) They get in a fight.
11. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
(a) David realizes he loves her.
(b) It becomes passionate.
(c) It decays.
(d) It improves.
12. How does Giovanni feel about Hella?
13. Why do David and Giovanni stop talking?
(a) Giovanni angers David.
(b) Giovanni is at work.
(c) Jacques interrupts.
(d) David loses interest.
14. How does Ellen act when company is present?
(a) Polite to guests.
(b) She is rude to her brother.
(c) All of these.
15. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Shut him out.
(c) Fall in love with him.
(d) Go out with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Giovanni from?
2. Why does Giovanni believe that fisherman fish?
3. Who notices the interaction between Giovanni and David?
4. Where does Giovanni invite David after their first meal together?
5. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)