|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giovanni believes Paris to be what?
(c) All of these.
2. Who is Madame Clothilde?
(a) Giovanni's mother.
(b) David's landlord.
(c) Giovanni's sister.
(d) Giovanni's former employer.
3. Where does David get the money to live on his own?
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
4. What does Giovanni warn David, regarding Hella?
(a) She is probably sleeping with other men.
(b) She will trap him into marriage.
(c) She is married to another man.
(d) She is not good for him.
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
(a) Join a theatre company.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Work in the mines.
(d) Travel the world.
6. Jacques believes Giullaume's love life to be what?
7. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His lack of money.
(b) His sexual orientation.
(c) To get away from his family.
(d) To learn about a different culture.
8. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
(a) High school.
(d) The summer with Joey.
9. Why does Giovanni believe that fisherman fish?
(a) Because they are barbaric.
(b) To find food to eat.
(c) To have something to do.
(d) They cannot get real jobs.
10. How close in age are David and Hella?
(a) They are the same age.
(b) Two years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) One year.
11. Giovanni claims that one day he might do what?
(a) Have a mistress again.
(b) Swim the English Channel.
(c) Move to America.
(d) Open a bar.
12. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
13. How does Joey initiate the sexual relationship with David?
(a) He reads David poetry.
(b) He wakes David up.
(c) He tries to snuggle.
(d) He cooks dinner.
14. What does Giovanni respect about women?
(a) Their shrewd behavior.
(b) Their physique.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their inner life.
15. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
(a) David realizes he loves her.
(b) It improves.
(c) It becomes passionate.
(d) It decays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does David share with Giovanni?
2. Who refuses to help Giovanni when he needs it?
3. How does David feel about his attraction to Giovanni?
4. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
5. How does Ellen act when company is present?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)