|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event removes Joey from David's life?
(a) Joey dies.
(b) Joey's family moves away.
(c) David threatens Joey's life.
(d) Joey's mother dies.
2. How does Giovanni feel about Hella?
3. How does Ellen act when company is present?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is rude to her brother.
(c) Polite to guests.
4. Where is the picture of David's mother kept?
(a) There are no pictures of his mother.
(b) In his father's room.
(c) On the mantle.
(d) In his room.
5. What does David blame Giovanni for?
(a) Their involvement.
(b) Being late on rent.
(c) Stealing money from the bar.
(d) Flirting with Jacques.
6. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) To get away from his family.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) To learn about a different culture.
(d) His sexual orientation.
7. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Go out with him.
(c) Shut him out.
(d) Fall in love with him.
8. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
(a) He starts losing sleep.
(b) He becomes attracted to other men.
(c) He falls in love.
(d) He realizes Giovanni is a fraud.
9. What is the main difference between David and Jacques?
(a) Sexual preference.
(c) Hair color.
10. What does Giovanni do for a living?
(b) Waits tables.
(c) Works as a valet.
11. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
(b) High school.
(c) The summer with Joey.
12. What does Giovanni respect about women?
(a) Their intelligence.
(b) Their shrewd behavior.
(c) Their inner life.
(d) Their physique.
13. Where does Giovanni invite David after their first meal together?
(a) The bar.
(b) His apartment.
(c) Jacques' after party.
(d) His parent's house.
14. Where are David and Giovanni stuck together, due to traffic?
(a) Under an awning.
(b) On a bus.
(c) Giovanni's car.
(d) In a taxi.
15. What role does David serve in the novel?
(a) Main character.
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacques offer David, after meeting Giovanni?
2. What is one of David's faults?
3. David feels his relationship with Hella was lacking what?
4. How does David feel after having sex with Joey?
5. What time does the bar close, the night David meets Giovanni?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)