|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did David tell Hella he loved her?
(b) Every day.
(c) On her birthday.
2. How does Joey initiate the sexual relationship with David?
(a) He cooks dinner.
(b) He tries to snuggle.
(c) He reads David poetry.
(d) He wakes David up.
3. What does the landlady ask David regarding Hella?
(a) If she is pregnant.
(b) Her true nationality.
(c) If he will marry her.
(d) Why she is always crying.
4. Where does Hella go, following David's relationship with Giovanni?
(c) She stays in Paris.
5. David feels his relationship with Hella was lacking what?
(b) Intellectual conversation.
6. What secret does David share with Giovanni?
(a) He is dating a woman.
(b) He belongs in debtor's prison.
(c) He does not like red meat.
(d) He drinks too much.
7. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
(a) In the army.
(b) At college.
(c) At David's parent's house.
(d) They do not meet again.
8. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
(c) Vague interest.
9. What does David crash into while driving drunk?
(a) His house.
(b) A gravestone.
(c) A telephone pole.
(d) A person.
10. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
11. Who shares a running commentary about the potential relationship between David and Giovanni?
(a) The bartender.
(b) Giullaume and Jacques.
(c) David's father.
(d) Jacques and Giovanni.
12. What did Giovanni do in order to stay in the country?
(a) Let Giullaume take advantage of him.
(b) Sell drugs.
(c) Steal from his employer.
(d) Play guitar in the subway.
13. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
(c) Jacques' father.
(d) The landlord.
14. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
(a) A banquet hall.
(b) A dining room.
(c) David's house.
(d) Giovanni's room.
15. What does Jacques warn David against becoming?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni respect about women?
2. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
3. What is the main difference between David and Jacques?
4. As David gets older, what type of relationship does his father want?
5. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)