|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the landlady ask David regarding Hella?
(a) Why she is always crying.
(b) If she is pregnant.
(c) Her true nationality.
(d) If he will marry her.
2. What does David crash into while driving drunk?
(a) A person.
(b) A gravestone.
(c) His house.
(d) A telephone pole.
3. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
(d) Vague interest.
4. Where is the picture of David's mother kept?
(a) In his room.
(b) There are no pictures of his mother.
(c) In his father's room.
(d) On the mantle.
5. What happens to David as a result of his car accident?
(a) He has an ugly scar on his face.
(b) He is knocked unconscious.
(c) He is paralyzed for six months.
(d) He has to spend time in jail.
6. As David gets to know Giovanni, what begins to happen?
(a) He falls in love.
(b) He becomes attracted to other men.
(c) He realizes Giovanni is a fraud.
(d) He starts losing sleep.
7. Where does David get the money to live on his own?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
8. When does David meet Giovanni?
(a) His first year in England.
(b) His third year in England.
(c) His first year in Paris.
(d) His second year in Paris.
9. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
(a) Giovanni's room.
(b) David's house.
(c) A banquet hall.
(d) A dining room.
10. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) His lack of money.
(c) To learn about a different culture.
(d) To get away from his family.
11. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
(a) They sleep together.
(b) Giovanni plays the piano for him.
(c) They get in a fight.
(d) They talk about Hella for hours.
12. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
13. Where does the landlady ask David to leave his apartment key?
(a) With her husband.
(b) With Giovanni.
(c) She tells him to keep it.
(d) The mailbox.
14. Who visits David in the hospital following the drunk driving accident?
(b) His father.
15. How does David feel about his attraction to Giovanni?
(c) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Giovanni from?
2. Why does David want to keep Hella from finding out about Giovanni?
3. What does David plan to do when Hella returns from Spain?
4. When Jacques is first attracted to Giovanni, what does David do?
5. What do Jacques and David first doubt about Giovanni?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)