|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Giovanni and David share their first meal together?
(a) A dining room.
(b) A banquet hall.
(c) David's house.
(d) Giovanni's room.
2. How does Jacques feel about David's conversation with Giovanni?
3. What role does David serve in the novel?
(b) All of these.
(d) Main character.
4. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
(a) It improves.
(b) It becomes passionate.
(c) David realizes he loves her.
(d) It decays.
5. What does David choose to do instead of going to college?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Work in the mines.
(c) Join a theatre company.
(d) Travel the world.
6. What does David crash into while driving drunk?
(a) A telephone pole.
(b) A person.
(c) His house.
(d) A gravestone.
7. When does David meet Giovanni?
(a) His third year in England.
(b) His second year in Paris.
(c) His first year in Paris.
(d) His first year in England.
8. David believes the root of his homosexuality started when?
(c) High school.
(d) The summer with Joey.
9. What does Giovanni do for a living?
(a) Waits tables.
(c) Works as a valet.
10. What does David compare life in Giovanni's room to?
(a) Existing beneath the sea.
(b) Existing out in space.
(d) Heaven and hell.
11. Why is David evicted from his apartment?
(a) Too many debts.
(b) Giovanni sleeps over.
(c) Hella sleeps over.
(d) Loud noise.
12. Who is Madame Clothilde?
(a) Giovanni's former employer.
(b) David's landlord.
(c) Giovanni's sister.
(d) Giovanni's mother.
13. What is immediately apparent, when David and Giovanni meet?
(a) A mutual attraction.
(b) They do not like each other.
(c) David is allergic to olives.
(d) Giovanni is much more intelligent.
14. Where does Giovanni spend time apart from David?
(a) When he is fishing.
(c) At work.
(d) His morning jog.
15. Who owns the bar David and Jacques attend after David is evicted?
(b) Jacques' father.
(d) The landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his sexual experience with Joey, what is David worried about?
2. What is Giovanni's reaction to Jacques?
3. Giovanni claims that one day he might do what?
4. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
5. Where does the landlady ask David to leave his apartment key?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)