|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the thought of Hella's return, how does David feel?
2. After the conversation with Giovanni, what does David feel for him?
(a) Vague interest.
3. What is one of David's faults?
(a) He chews with his mouth open.
(b) He is a socialist.
(c) He is a prolific liar.
(d) He does not want to marry.
4. Jacques is afraid David will do what to Giovanni?
(a) Slap him.
(b) Go out with him.
(c) Shut him out.
(d) Fall in love with him.
5. How does David feel about his attraction to Giovanni?
(b) All of these.
6. How does Ellen act when company is present?
(a) She is rude to her brother.
(b) All of these.
(c) Polite to guests.
7. In the future, when do Joey and David meet again?
(a) They do not meet again.
(b) In the army.
(c) At college.
(d) At David's parent's house.
8. Jacques suggests that David should do what?
(a) Kiss Giovanni.
(b) Find a nice girl.
(c) Embrace his youth.
(d) Leave Europe.
9. How does Joey initiate the sexual relationship with David?
(a) He tries to snuggle.
(b) He cooks dinner.
(c) He wakes David up.
(d) He reads David poetry.
10. Once David begins the affair with Giovanni, how does he feel?
(a) As though life has gotten easier.
(b) Like he can do better.
(c) Ashamed of his sexuality.
11. What does Jacques believe might happen to David?
12. Why does David move in with Giovanni?
(a) He does not have a place to stay.
(b) To spend more time with him.
(c) Giovanni is scared of the dark.
(d) Hella kicks David out.
13. Looking back, why does David think he chose to move to Europe?
(a) His sexual orientation.
(b) To get away from his family.
(c) His lack of money.
(d) To learn about a different culture.
14. Hella is the only woman David really what?
(a) Couldn't get enough of.
(d) Found to be a challenge.
15. To Jacques, David pretends the conversation was what?
(c) Barely decipherable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jacques believes Giullaume's love life to be what?
2. Who first helps David when he is evicted?
3. Why is David evicted from his apartment?
4. What is Giullaume's life filled with?
5. What does David blame Giovanni for?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)