|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When David meets Giovanni, what happens to his relationship with Hella?
(a) David realizes he loves her.
(b) It improves.
(c) It decays.
(d) It becomes passionate.
2. When the relationship between Hella and David deteriorates, what do they do too often?
3. How long does David spend away from Giovanni when Hella first arrives?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
4. What does the landlady ask David regarding Hella?
(a) Why she is always crying.
(b) If he will marry her.
(c) Her true nationality.
(d) If she is pregnant.
5. What does Hella say Americans should never do?
(a) Forget their past.
(b) Date rich men.
(c) Learn another language.
(d) Go to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giovanni warn David in regards to returning home?
2. When Giovanni insults him, how does David feel?
3. David believes that newspapers exist for a purpose other than what?
4. How many times did David tell Hella he loved her?
5. What happens when David goes to Giovanni's house?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)