|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David proposition Sue?
(a) He asks her to a movie.
(b) He invites her to dinner.
(c) He invites her to the bar.
(d) He asks to drink at her place.
2. Why does David begin contemplating suicide?
(a) He cannot handle the guilt of betraying Hella.
(b) He is conflicted about his relationship with Giovanni.
(c) He has nothing to live for.
(d) He is tired of being poor.
3. When David pictures Giovanni's in jail, what brings him to tears?
(a) The curtains.
(b) The noise.
(c) The dirt floor.
(d) Details about Giovanni.
4. David suspects that Giovanni is what?
(b) Lying about his heritage.
(c) Secretly tortured.
5. What does Jacques offer David, after meeting Giovanni?
(a) A truce.
(c) A bet.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shares a running commentary about the potential relationship between David and Giovanni?
2. Hella is the only woman David really what?
3. Who is Madame Clothilde?
4. When pressed, David tells Hella what about his relationship with Giovanni?
5. What does Giovanni respect about women?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)