Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part One: Chapter One Abstract
* David thinks on his past relationships.
* Even though David has professed love to Hella, a woman, his true love is Giovanni.
* David meets Giovanni in Paris and lies about his homosexual history.
* He thinks back on an affair he had with a boy named Joey.
* After their sexual encounter, David is...
This section contains 1,463 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)