|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
(b) The demands of raising her family.
(c) Crying fits.
2. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) In her mouth.
(b) Behind her ear.
(c) Under the ash tray.
(d) In her lap.
3. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Reshuffling the hand.
(b) Dealing her an extra card.
(c) Discarding a point card.
(d) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
4. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How many kids does Weller have?
(a) 1 child.
(b) 4 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 2 children.
6. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He dismisses him with a wave.
(b) He prays.
(c) He gives him the finger.
(d) He laughs.
7. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
8. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A stressful effect.
(b) An assuring effect.
(c) A relaxing effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
9. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
10. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
11. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
12. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(b) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
(c) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
(d) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
13. What is the score of the first hand played?
(a) Weller 42.
(b) Fonsia 20.
(c) Weller 55.
(d) Fonsia 42.
14. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 100 points.
(b) 200 points.
(c) 150 points.
(d) 50 point.
15. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(d) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
2. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
3. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
4. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)