|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fonsia's nickname?
2. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(b) Her winning streak.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) The hot weather.
3. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
(c) Crying fits.
(d) The demands of raising her family.
4. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
5. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they were trouble.
(b) That they were unethical.
(c) That they want him back in the business.
(d) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
6. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By receiving the perfect hand.
(c) By passing.
(d) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
7. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(b) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(c) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(d) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
8. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
(a) As a traveling salesman.
(b) As a businessman on business trips.
(c) As a business partner.
(d) As a father.
9. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To swat at Weller with.
(b) To sit on.
(c) To sort her cards on.
(d) To prop up her back.
10. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will have a stroke.
(b) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(c) That Weller will strike her.
(d) That Weller will start to curse.
11. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About Fonsia's memory.
(b) About finding a worthy adversary.
(c) About playing to only 80.
(d) About cheating.
12. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) The four of diamonds.
(b) The wild card.
(c) A queen.
(d) An ace.
13. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
(c) Lung Cancer.
14. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 1 sibling.
(c) 4 siblings.
(d) 3 siblings.
15. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Collecting only straights.
(b) Holding face cards too long.
(d) Collecting royal straights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
3. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
4. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
5. How many kids does Weller have?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)