|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
(a) "I've got a good one, too."
(b) "May the best woman win."
(c) "Good, it's about time."
(d) "I hope you win."
2. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
3. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(b) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(c) As a Southern Baptist.
(d) As an Orthodox Jew.
4. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
5. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(b) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(c) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
(d) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
6. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About playing to only 80.
(b) About finding a worthy adversary.
(c) About Fonsia's memory.
(d) About cheating.
7. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) The wild card.
(b) The four of diamonds.
(c) A queen.
(d) An ace.
8. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(b) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(c) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(d) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
9. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
(a) Because he was watching the TV.
(b) Because it appeared he was singing happy birthday to no one in particular.
(c) Because it appeared he was hiding behind the couch.
(d) Because he was dressed so badly.
10. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(c) His son.
(d) His ex-wife.
11. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
12. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player discards one card.
(b) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(c) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(d) The dealer discards one card.
13. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
14. What is Fonsia's nickname?
15. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) In her lap.
(b) Under the ash tray.
(c) Behind her ear.
(d) In her mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
2. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
3. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
4. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
5. What is the score of the first hand played?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)