|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's son?
2. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(b) Collecting only straights.
(c) Holding face cards too long.
(d) Collecting royal straights.
3. What is the name of the home?
4. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
5. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
(a) Crunching her candy and tapping her foot to a march.
(b) Frowning over her cards.
(c) Watching television through the window.
(d) Fiddling with her cards and humming a tune.
6. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A motivating effect.
(b) A stressful effect.
(c) A relaxing effect.
(d) An assuring effect.
7. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(b) By passing.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By receiving the perfect hand.
8. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Behind her ear.
(b) In her lap.
(c) In her mouth.
(d) Under the ash tray.
9. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they were trouble.
(b) That they want him back in the business.
(c) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
(d) That they were unethical.
10. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That she is not on welfare.
(b) That she can take care of herself.
(c) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(d) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
11. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 100 points.
(b) 150 points.
(c) 200 points.
(d) 50 point.
12. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) The court system.
(b) His second wife.
(c) His parents.
(d) His work ethic.
13. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(d) Larry Jr.
14. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Discarding a point card.
(b) Reshuffling the hand.
(c) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(d) Dealing her an extra card.
15. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
(a) His losing streak.
(b) His divorce proceedings.
(c) His first week in the Home.
(d) A kind of panic attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
3. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
5. What is the dietitian's name?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)