|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As an Orthodox Jew.
(b) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(c) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(d) As a Southern Baptist.
2. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To stop playing.
(b) To start keeping score herself.
(c) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(d) To start playing seriously.
3. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 4 siblings.
(c) 3 siblings.
(d) 1 sibling.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
(a) As a father.
(b) As a businessman on business trips.
(c) As a traveling salesman.
(d) As a business partner.
5. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) His second wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His work ethic.
(d) The court system.
6. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) The hot weather.
(d) Her winning streak.
7. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) 1 week after the day of the first scene.
(b) 3 days after the day of the first scene.
(c) 1 month after the day of the first scene.
(d) 1 day after the day of the first scene.
8. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(a) Larry Jr.
9. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Eating issues.
(c) Heart problems.
(d) Psychotic episodes.
10. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
(a) The demands of raising her family.
(d) Crying fits.
11. What is Fonsia's son's name?
12. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
13. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Celery root.
(b) Stewed tomatoes.
(c) Boiled spinach.
(d) Creamed corn.
14. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Omaha method.
(b) The Kansis Style.
(c) The English basis.
(d) The Hollywood basis.
15. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
2. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
3. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
5. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)