|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Reshuffling the hand.
(b) Dealing her an extra card.
(c) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(d) Discarding a point card.
2. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. What is Weller's last name?
4. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To prop up her back.
(c) To swat at Weller with.
(d) To sit on.
5. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
6. What is the dietitian's name?
(a) Mr. Jameson.
(b) Mrs. Gibran.
(c) Mr. Jabon.
(d) Ms. Cameron.
7. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What is Fonsia's son's name?
9. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(b) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(c) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(d) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
10. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
(b) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
(c) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(d) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
11. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
12. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(b) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(c) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(d) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
13. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(c) His son.
(d) His ex-wife.
14. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By his own nickname.
(b) By her nickname.
(c) By whatever name comes to mind first.
(d) By her proper name.
15. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By retaining the Kings.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By discarding her high cards.
(d) By discarding what he needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
3. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
5. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)