|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
(a) "I've got a good one, too."
(b) "May the best woman win."
(c) "I hope you win."
(d) "Good, it's about time."
2. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) For Fonsia only.
(b) In direct contrast to the action.
(c) Conforming to the action.
(d) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
3. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because of headwinds.
(b) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
(c) Because of the number of stops.
(d) Because there are always more people going that direction.
4. How many kids does Weller have?
(a) 4 children.
(b) 2 children.
(c) 1 child.
(d) 3 children.
5. How old is Fonsia's son?
6. What is the score of the first hand played?
(a) Weller 55.
(b) Weller 42.
(c) Fonsia 20.
(d) Fonsia 42.
7. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
(a) Kicking the furniture.
(b) Making bigoted remarks.
(c) Holding his chest.
8. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
9. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
10. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That she can take care of herself.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(c) That she is not on welfare.
(d) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
11. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Psychotic episodes.
(c) Eating issues.
(d) Heart problems.
12. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
13. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) The four of diamonds.
(b) A queen.
(c) An ace.
(d) The wild card.
14. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 4 siblings.
(b) 1 sibling.
(c) 3 siblings.
(d) 2 siblings.
15. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(d) Larry Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
2. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)