|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 10 foot square boxes.
(b) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(c) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(d) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
2. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(b) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(c) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(d) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Catholic home.
(b) The Presbyterian home.
(c) The Calvinist home.
(d) The Lutheran home.
4. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
(b) Any ace.
(c) Only the 7of Clubs.
(d) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
5. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
(a) They're too puritanical.
(b) They're too stingy.
(c) They're too loud.
(d) They're too large.
6. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In direct contrast to the action.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) For Fonsia only.
(d) Conforming to the action.
7. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are both neatly dressed.
(b) They both appear ill.
(c) They are both dressed informally.
(d) Both are dressed for cold weather.
8. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By receiving the perfect hand.
(b) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(c) By passing.
(d) By knocking.
9. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sit on.
(b) To swat at Weller with.
(c) To sort her cards on.
(d) To prop up her back.
10. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
11. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
(a) They are beginning to even out.
(b) They are beginning to favor Fonsia.
(c) They are beginning to disfavor him.
(d) They are beginning to favor him.
12. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Betting on the draw.
(b) Drawing to an inside straight.
(c) Playing with joker's wild.
(d) Discarding the ace of spades.
13. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
(a) As a traveling salesman.
(b) As a business partner.
(c) As a father.
(d) As a businessman on business trips.
14. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 100 points.
(b) 50 point.
(c) 200 points.
(d) 150 points.
15. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
(b) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
(c) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(d) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
2. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
3. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
4. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
5. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)