|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) The court system.
(b) His work ethic.
(c) His parents.
(d) His second wife.
2. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Collecting only straights.
(b) Collecting royal straights.
(c) Holding face cards too long.
3. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(b) His son.
(c) His ex-wife.
5. How old is Fonsia's son?
6. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 10 foot square boxes.
(b) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
(c) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(d) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
7. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(b) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(c) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(d) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
8. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers "her" medicine.
(b) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(c) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(d) Offers "our" medicine.
9. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
10. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 1 sibling.
(c) 3 siblings.
(d) 4 siblings.
11. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
12. What is the name of the home?
13. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
14. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By not making theft a firing offense.
(b) By not paying well enough.
(c) By not providing safes.
(d) By understaffing.
15. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(b) That Weller will start to curse.
(c) That Weller will strike her.
(d) That Weller will have a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
2. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
3. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
4. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)