|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
2. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Lutheran home.
(b) The Presbyterian home.
(c) The Calvinist home.
(d) The Catholic home.
3. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About Fonsia's memory.
(b) About playing to only 80.
(c) About finding a worthy adversary.
(d) About cheating.
4. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) His new wife.
(b) His parents.
(d) The court.
5. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their compassion.
(b) Their imaginations.
(c) Their flavorful dishes.
(d) Their creativity.
6. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) His Social Security check.
(b) A three hundred dollar watch.
(c) His prescriptions.
(d) His cash.
7. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
8. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
(a) His divorce proceedings.
(b) His losing streak.
(c) His first week in the Home.
(d) A kind of panic attack.
9. What is Fonsia's nickname?
10. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
11. What is Fonsia's son's name?
12. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are both dressed informally.
(b) They are both neatly dressed.
(c) Both are dressed for cold weather.
(d) They both appear ill.
13. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
14. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
15. What is Weller's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
3. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
4. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
5. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)