|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By retaining the Kings.
(b) By discarding what he needed.
(c) By discarding her high cards.
(d) By knocking.
2. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) The court system.
(b) His parents.
(c) His work ethic.
(d) His second wife.
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
5. What is the dietitian's name?
(a) Mrs. Gibran.
(b) Mr. Jameson.
(c) Mr. Jabon.
(d) Ms. Cameron.
6. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
8. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
(a) Fiddling with her cards and humming a tune.
(b) Frowning over her cards.
(c) Watching television through the window.
(d) Crunching her candy and tapping her foot to a march.
9. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In direct contrast to the action.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) Conforming to the action.
(d) For Fonsia only.
10. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
(a) That he can't beat a woman.
(b) That he doesn't know how to play gin.
(c) That she is taking pity on him.
(d) That she thinks he is destined to lose against her.
11. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(b) Larry Jr.
12. What is Fonsia's nickname?
13. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) The hot weather.
(b) Her winning streak.
(d) Lack of sleep.
14. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
(b) Decent conversation.
(c) Sufficient staff.
15. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Behind her ear.
(b) In her lap.
(c) Under the ash tray.
(d) In her mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
2. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
3. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
4. How old is Fonsia's son?
5. Where does Fonsia's son live?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)