|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers "her" medicine.
(b) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(c) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(d) Offers "our" medicine.
2. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will start to curse.
(b) That Weller will have a stroke.
(c) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(d) That Weller will strike her.
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(b) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(c) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(d) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
4. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(b) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(c) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(d) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
5. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(a) Larry Jr.
6. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Any ace.
(b) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
(c) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
(d) Only the 7of Clubs.
7. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) An incredible run of luck.
(b) To his own chivalry.
(c) Ladies luck.
(d) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
8. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Creamed corn.
(b) Celery root.
(c) Stewed tomatoes.
(d) Boiled spinach.
9. What is Fonsia's son's name?
10. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) In her mouth.
(b) In her lap.
(c) Under the ash tray.
(d) Behind her ear.
11. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To start keeping score herself.
(b) To stop playing.
(c) To start playing seriously.
(d) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
12. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
(b) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Five card draw.
13. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of hum bug.
(b) An advanced case writer's block.
(c) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(d) An advanced case of old age.
14. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
15. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That she is not on welfare.
(b) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(c) That she can take care of herself.
(d) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's son?
2. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
3. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
4. Fonsia has how many siblings?
5. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)