|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
(c) Lung Cancer.
2. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case writer's block.
(b) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(c) An advanced case of old age.
(d) An advanced case of hum bug.
3. Where does Fonsia's son live?
4. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(b) Offers "her" medicine.
(c) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(d) Offers "our" medicine.
5. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Holding face cards too long.
(b) Collecting only straights.
(d) Collecting royal straights.
6. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
7. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(b) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(c) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(d) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
8. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
(b) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
(c) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(d) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
9. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) 1 week after the day of the first scene.
(b) 3 days after the day of the first scene.
(c) 1 month after the day of the first scene.
(d) 1 day after the day of the first scene.
10. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 200 points.
(b) 150 points.
(c) 50 point.
(d) 100 points.
11. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
12. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(b) 10 foot square boxes.
(c) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(d) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
13. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His son.
14. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(b) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
(c) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(d) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
15. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The gin part of the game.
(b) The knocking part of the game.
(c) The winning part of the game
(d) The discarding part of the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids does Weller have?
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
3. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
4. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
5. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)