Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
(a) He flips over the table.
(b) He dances like a mad man in the rain.
(c) He strikes out at Fonsia's chair with his cane.
(d) He throws the deck of cards at Fonsia.
2. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her funeral arrangements.
(b) Only her son William.
(c) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
(d) Only food.
3. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
5. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
(a) A gospel group.
(b) The nurses who hand out medication.
(c) A group that visits the Home.
(d) The ladies who prepare meals at the Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Extended Family?
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. What action does Weller take to try to mollify Fonsia as she is crying on the porch?
5. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)