|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
(a) Of calling out gin before his hand is completed.
(b) Of discarding a card he know Fonsia needs.
(c) Of discarding a card he needs.
(d) Of calling out the cards he needs.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
(a) As a businessman on business trips.
(b) As a father.
(c) As a traveling salesman.
(d) As a business partner.
3. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
4. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(b) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(c) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(d) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
5. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers "her" medicine.
(b) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(c) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(d) Offers "our" medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
2. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
3. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
5. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)