|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of poker.
(b) A hand of gin.
(c) A hand rummy.
(d) A hand of solitaire.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
(a) Fonsia's first response is to claim she will win.
(b) Fonsia's first response is to pretend to be ill.
(c) Fonsia's first response is to proclaim that she will not play.
(d) Fonsia's first response is to leave.
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Lutheran home.
(b) The Calvinist home.
(c) The Catholic home.
(d) The Presbyterian home.
4. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By his own nickname.
(b) By her proper name.
(c) By her nickname.
(d) By whatever name comes to mind first.
5. What kept Fonsia's husband from using violence against her?
(a) He was happy to have the relationship end.
(b) He was "too drunk to stand, as it was."
(c) He was already wanted by the police.
(d) He was "too much of a coward."
Short Answer Questions
1. What entertainment takes place over the last hand of gin?
2. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
4. What is the first move of the gin game?
5. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)