|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
(b) Been unhappy.
(c) Worn the pants.
(d) Had to outsmart them.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
(a) Because he sued his partners just to get even.
(b) Because he has no relationship with his children.
(c) Because he will say anything to get her to play gin.
(d) For creating the rouse to get her out on the porch.
3. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
4. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(b) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(c) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(d) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
(a) Throws her cards at him.
(b) Storms off.
(c) Curses at him.
(d) Slaps him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
4. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
5. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)