|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
(a) Of not putting the discard card face up when calling gin.
(b) For slapping her cards when calling gin.
(c) Of not putting the discard card face down when calling gin.
(d) Of not having her card total ready when calling gin.
2. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By passing.
(c) By receiving the perfect hand.
(d) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
3. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because of the number of stops.
(b) Because of headwinds.
(c) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(d) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
(a) Fonsia's first response is to leave.
(b) Fonsia's first response is to proclaim that she will not play.
(c) Fonsia's first response is to pretend to be ill.
(d) Fonsia's first response is to claim she will win.
5. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Any ace.
(b) Only the 7of Clubs.
(c) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
(d) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work did Fonsia do before retiring?
2. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
4. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
5. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)