|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fonsia do with the Ash Street house?
(a) She gave it to her son.
(b) She gave it to the Presbyterian church.
(c) She gave over the management of it to her son.
(d) She sold it.
2. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
(b) Sufficient staff.
(c) Decent conversation.
3. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) One's funeral arrangements.
(b) The gospel hour.
(c) Canned vegetables.
4. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(b) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(c) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(d) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
5. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What did Fonsia's son do to create a fissure in their relationship?
3. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
4. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
5. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)