|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By passing.
(b) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(c) By receiving the perfect hand.
(d) By knocking.
2. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The gin part of the game.
(b) The discarding part of the game.
(c) The knocking part of the game.
(d) The winning part of the game
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) His work ethic.
(b) His second wife.
(c) The court system.
(d) His parents.
4. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
(b) For Mrs. Gibran.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) For her son.
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(b) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(c) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(d) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
2. What did Fonsia's son do to create a fissure in their relationship?
3. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
4. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)