|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Discarding the ace of spades.
(b) Playing with joker's wild.
(c) Drawing to an inside straight.
(d) Betting on the draw.
2. What action does Weller take to try to mollify Fonsia as she is crying on the porch?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He holds her hand.
(c) He retreives the pillow for her.
(d) He puts his sweater around Fonsia.
3. What is the Extended Family?
(a) It is what the staff refers to themselves as.
(b) A church group that delivers canned food to the Home.
(c) A group that visited the Home looking for substitute Grandparents.
(d) A group that visited the Home to steal goods, but under the auspices of being an entertainment.
4. How does Weller create some levity in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) By dancing in the rain.
(b) By going into a tirade about the poor, drunken, condition of the Home.
(c) By beating the furniture with his cane.
(d) By doing some card tricks..
5. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What evidence does Weller provide in Act 2, Scene 2 to reflect Fonsia's vindictiveness?
2. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
3. What does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
5. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)