|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To his 'shadow.'.
(b) To his 'angel.'.
(c) To his 'little man.'.
(d) To 'the god of Gin.'.
2. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
(b) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(c) He forgets to count his own hand.
(d) He forgets to collect all the cards.
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
(a) Trying to beat him at gin.
(b) Manipulating him.
(c) Trying to find more things to tattle on him for.
(d) Mocking him.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
(a) Throws her cards at him.
(b) Storms off.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Curses at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
2. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
3. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
5. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)