|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
(a) Manipulating him.
(b) Trying to beat him at gin.
(c) Trying to find more things to tattle on him for.
(d) Mocking him.
2. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of gin.
(b) A hand of solitaire.
(c) A hand of poker.
(d) A hand rummy.
3. What compliment does Weller make to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For her card playing.
(b) For her style.
(c) For having a good mind.
(d) For her good manners.
4. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will start to curse.
(b) That Weller will strike her.
(c) That Weller will have a stroke.
(d) That Weller will begin breaking things.
5. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
(a) Lung cancer.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work did Fonsia do before retiring?
2. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
3. How is the way in which Fonsia plays her discard in the final hand of the play vindictive?
4. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
5. What signs does Weller show of possibly having a heart attack?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)