|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(b) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(c) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(d) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
2. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
(a) Fiddling with her cards and humming a tune.
(b) Frowning over her cards.
(c) Watching television through the window.
(d) Crunching her candy and tapping her foot to a march.
3. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
(a) They're too large.
(b) They're too stingy.
(c) They're too loud.
(d) They're too puritanical.
4. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her funeral arrangements.
(b) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
(c) Only food.
(d) Only her son William.
5. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
(a) Of not having her card total ready when calling gin.
(b) Of not putting the discard card face up when calling gin.
(c) For slapping her cards when calling gin.
(d) Of not putting the discard card face down when calling gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
4. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)