|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
(a) Crunching her candy and tapping her foot to a march.
(b) Watching television through the window.
(c) Frowning over her cards.
(d) Fiddling with her cards and humming a tune.
2. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
(a) That Fonsia is "vindictive."
(b) "You've made [your son] feel like the lowest piece of crap on earth for so long he can't stand the sight of you,"
(c) "You and your judgments ran [your husband] right out of the house."
(d) The problem with people in the world today is that "they have a mother who's just like you,"
3. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
(a) He "would go send himself to bed."
(b) He "would call a doctor."
(c) He "would quit playing cards altogether."
(d) He "wouldn't act this way."
4. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(b) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(d) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
5. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
2. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
4. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
5. How did Weller lose his savings?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)