|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
(a) Trying to find more things to tattle on him for.
(b) Mocking him.
(c) Manipulating him.
(d) Trying to beat him at gin.
2. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that her ex-husband has come to visit her.
(b) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that the Sunshine Ladies have come to visit her.
(c) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that her son has come to visit her.
(d) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that her sister has come to visit her.
3. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
(c) Lung Cancer.
4. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Behind her ear.
(b) In her mouth.
(c) In her lap.
(d) Under the ash tray.
5. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They both appear ill.
(b) They are both dressed informally.
(c) They are both neatly dressed.
(d) Both are dressed for cold weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
2. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
4. According to Weller, Fonsia makes harsh judgments. How does he feel that she's judged him?
5. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)