|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Holding face cards too long.
(b) Collecting royal straights.
(c) Collecting only straights.
2. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By discarding a card that he needs.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By switching the card he plans to discard at the last second.
(d) By discarding a face card.
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) The court system.
(b) His second wife.
(c) His work ethic.
(d) His parents.
4. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A motivating effect.
(b) A relaxing effect.
(c) An assuring effect.
(d) A stressful effect.
5. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Presbyterian home.
(b) The Lutheran home.
(c) The Catholic home.
(d) The Calvinist home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
4. What word did Fonsia have to look up for twenty-five years?
5. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)