|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(a) Being fair.
(b) Not feeling hospitable.
(d) Fed up.
2. As Fonsia loses her temper in Act 2, Scene 2, what changes take place in her language?
(a) Her statements become condescending.
(b) She increasingly repeats herself.
(c) Her grammar becomes worse.
(d) She begins to curse.
3. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
(a) They are beginning to disfavor him.
(b) They are beginning to favor him.
(c) They are beginning to favor Fonsia.
(d) They are beginning to even out.
4. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player discards one card.
(b) The dealer discards one card.
(c) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(d) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
5. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
(b) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(c) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
(d) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia teasingly says what to Weller?
3. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
4. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
5. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)