|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia teasingly says what to Weller?
(a) "You are just jealous."
(b) "I am an expert!"
(c) "You can't win."
(d) "I just play like an expert."
2. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) The wild card.
(b) A queen.
(c) An ace.
(d) The four of diamonds.
3. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By her proper name.
(b) By her nickname.
(c) By whatever name comes to mind first.
(d) By his own nickname.
4. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They both appear ill.
(b) They are both dressed informally.
(c) They are both neatly dressed.
(d) Both are dressed for cold weather.
5. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he has yet to win a single hand.
(b) Because he can't remember the score and it doesn't matter anyhow.
(c) Because Fonsia knocked again.
(d) Because Fonsia stands up for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
2. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What exclamation by Fonsia does Act 2, Scene 1 end with?
4. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
5. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)