|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
2. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) A three hundred dollar watch.
(b) His cash.
(c) His prescriptions.
(d) His Social Security check.
3. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
(a) His divorce proceedings.
(b) A kind of panic attack.
(c) His first week in the Home.
(d) His losing streak.
4. What is Fonsia's last name?
5. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To throw the score sheet and curse at Fonsia.
(b) To bow to her and without a word, exit the scene.
(c) To go into a rage and overturn the card table.
(d) To storm from the stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
2. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
3. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
5. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)