|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have lost touch with one another.
(c) They have a mistrusting relationship.
(d) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
2. How old is Fonsia's son?
3. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To storm from the stage.
(b) To throw the score sheet and curse at Fonsia.
(c) To go into a rage and overturn the card table.
(d) To bow to her and without a word, exit the scene.
4. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Discarding the ace of spades.
(b) Playing with joker's wild.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Drawing to an inside straight.
5. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will strike her.
(b) That Weller will have a stroke.
(c) That Weller will start to curse.
(d) That Weller will begin breaking things.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
2. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
4. How many kids does Weller have?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)