|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(b) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(c) As an Orthodox Jew.
(d) As a Southern Baptist.
2. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because of headwinds.
(b) Because of the number of stops.
(c) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
(d) Because there are always more people going that direction.
3. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
(a) Because it appeared he was hiding behind the couch.
(b) Because it appeared he was singing happy birthday to no one in particular.
(c) Because he was watching the TV.
(d) Because he was dressed so badly.
4. What is the dietitian's name?
(a) Mr. Jameson.
(b) Mrs. Gibran.
(c) Mr. Jabon.
(d) Ms. Cameron.
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(b) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(c) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(d) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
2. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
4. How old is Fonsia's son?
5. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)