|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(b) That she is suicidal.
(c) That she is deaf.
(d) That she is bored.
2. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Eating issues.
(c) Psychotic episodes.
(d) Heart problems.
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(b) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(c) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(d) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
5. Where does Fonsia's son live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. Fonsia has how many siblings?
3. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)