|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(b) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(c) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(d) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
2. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(c) They have a mistrusting relationship.
(d) They have lost touch with one another.
3. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they were unethical.
(b) That they want him back in the business.
(c) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
(d) That they were trouble.
4. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
5. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To stop playing.
(b) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(c) To start keeping score herself.
(d) To start playing seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
2. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
3. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
4. Fonsia has how many siblings?
5. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)