|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(b) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(c) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(d) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
2. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
(b) Lung Cancer.
3. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Conforming to the action.
(b) In direct contrast to the action.
(c) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(d) For Fonsia only.
4. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
5. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That she is not on welfare.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(c) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(d) That she can take care of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
2. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
3. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
4. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)