|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
2. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
(a) Watching television through the window.
(b) Frowning over her cards.
(c) Crunching her candy and tapping her foot to a march.
(d) Fiddling with her cards and humming a tune.
3. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
(b) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(c) Because of headwinds.
(d) Because of the number of stops.
4. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) A hub cap.
(b) The side of the porch.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) The lid of a biscuit tin.
5. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will have a stroke.
(b) That Weller will start to curse.
(c) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(d) That Weller will strike her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
2. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
4. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
5. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)