|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) The hot weather.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Her winning streak.
2. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding what he needed.
(b) By retaining the Kings.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By discarding her high cards.
3. What is Fonsia's nickname?
4. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) 3 days after the day of the first scene.
(b) 1 day after the day of the first scene.
(c) 1 month after the day of the first scene.
(d) 1 week after the day of the first scene.
5. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(b) 10 foot square boxes.
(c) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(d) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
2. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
4. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
5. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)