|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(b) That she is bored.
(c) That she is deaf.
(d) That she is suicidal.
2. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
3. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(b) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(d) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
4. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Playing with joker's wild.
(b) Drawing to an inside straight.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Discarding the ace of spades.
5. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(b) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(c) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(d) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
2. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
4. What is Fonsia's last name?
5. What is the first move of the gin game?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)