|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 4 cards.
(b) 5 cards.
(c) 3 cards.
(d) 2 cards.
2. What is Fonsia's last name?
3. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) An ace.
(b) The four of diamonds.
(c) The wild card.
(d) A queen.
4. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
(a) Watching television through the window.
(b) Fiddling with her cards and humming a tune.
(c) Crunching her candy and tapping her foot to a march.
(d) Frowning over her cards.
5. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers "her" medicine.
(b) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(c) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(d) Offers "our" medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
2. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
4. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
5. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)