|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their creativity.
(b) Their compassion.
(c) Their imaginations.
(d) Their flavorful dishes.
2. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) For Fonsia only.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) Conforming to the action.
(d) In direct contrast to the action.
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(b) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(c) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(d) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
4. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
(b) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
(c) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(d) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) Her winning streak.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) The hot weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
2. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
4. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
5. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)