|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their compassion.
(b) Their imaginations.
(c) Their flavorful dishes.
(d) Their creativity.
2. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Collecting only straights.
(c) Collecting royal straights.
(d) Holding face cards too long.
4. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) An ace.
(b) The wild card.
(c) A queen.
(d) The four of diamonds.
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of old age.
(b) An advanced case of hum bug.
(c) An advanced case writer's block.
(d) An advanced case of tooth decay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
2. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
3. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
4. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
5. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)