|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About playing to only 80.
(b) About cheating.
(c) About finding a worthy adversary.
(d) About Fonsia's memory.
2. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By receiving the perfect hand.
(b) By passing.
(c) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(d) By knocking.
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(b) 10 foot square boxes.
(c) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(d) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
4. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The gin part of the game.
(b) The winning part of the game
(c) The discarding part of the game.
(d) The knocking part of the game.
5. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because of headwinds.
(b) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
(c) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(d) Because of the number of stops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
2. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
3. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
4. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
5. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)