|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Both are dressed for cold weather.
(b) They are both dressed informally.
(c) They both appear ill.
(d) They are both neatly dressed.
2. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Kansis Style.
(b) The Omaha method.
(c) The English basis.
(d) The Hollywood basis.
3. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
4. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To bow to her and without a word, exit the scene.
(b) To go into a rage and overturn the card table.
(c) To throw the score sheet and curse at Fonsia.
(d) To storm from the stage.
5. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To start keeping score herself.
(b) To stop playing.
(c) To start playing seriously.
(d) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
2. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
4. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
5. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)