|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He gives him the finger.
(b) He prays.
(c) He dismisses him with a wave.
(d) He laughs.
2. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Collecting only straights.
(c) Holding face cards too long.
(d) Collecting royal straights.
3. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Creamed corn.
(b) Boiled spinach.
(c) Celery root.
(d) Stewed tomatoes.
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(a) His son.
(d) His ex-wife.
5. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their flavorful dishes.
(b) Their creativity.
(c) Their compassion.
(d) Their imaginations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
2. What is the name of the home?
3. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
4. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)