|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To swat at Weller with.
(b) To sort her cards on.
(c) To prop up her back.
(d) To sit on.
2. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Conforming to the action.
(b) In direct contrast to the action.
(c) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(d) For Fonsia only.
3. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He dismisses him with a wave.
(c) He gives him the finger.
(d) He prays.
4. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(b) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(c) The dealer discards one card.
(d) The player discards one card.
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of old age.
(b) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(c) An advanced case writer's block.
(d) An advanced case of hum bug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dietitian's name?
2. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
3. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
5. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)