|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case writer's block.
(b) An advanced case of old age.
(c) An advanced case of hum bug.
(d) An advanced case of tooth decay.
2. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
(a) That he can't beat a woman.
(b) That he doesn't know how to play gin.
(c) That she thinks he is destined to lose against her.
(d) That she is taking pity on him.
3. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(b) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(c) As a Southern Baptist.
(d) As an Orthodox Jew.
4. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(c) They have lost touch with one another.
(d) They have a mistrusting relationship.
5. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will start to curse.
(b) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(c) That Weller will have a stroke.
(d) That Weller will strike her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
2. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. What is the dietitian's name?
5. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)