Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does GImpel let himself be persuaded to do what his dream suggests?
(c) He can't remember.
2. Who translated "Gimpel the Fool"?
(a) F. Scott Fitzgerald.
(b) Saul Bellow.
(c) Isaac Bashevis Singer.
(d) Maya Angelou.
3. What does the second person Gimpel dreams of say of the afterlife?
(a) "Dante was right."
(b) "I am so happy!"
(c) "They spare you nothing here."
(d) "I am in limbo."
4. What was the original language of "Gimpel the Fool"?
5. What does Elka tell Gimpel to do as soon as she sees him in the house?
(a) Lay next to her.
(b) Go back to the bakery.
(c) Tell the children he is back.
(d) Check on the goat.
6. Who is Gimpel told he owes thanks to?
(a) The farmer.
(b) The baker.
(d) The Yanover rabbi.
7. After leaving Frampol, where does Gimpel go when he dreams?
(c) Into the sky.
8. When Gimpel has returned home after being separated and he has completed Elka's errand, what does he ask her?
(a) If she missed him.
(b) Where the apprentice went.
(c) Why the kids aren't in bed.
(d) How she has been.
9. Gimpel states that, "All kinds of things happened," but what else does he say about these events?
(a) He was angered by these events.
(b) They only happened in his mind.
(c) Because of these things he left Elka.
(d) He neither saw nor heard, simply believed.
10. Instead of God or an afterlife, what does the the person in Gimpel's dream say is there?
(a) A thick mire.
(b) Another life on earth.
(d) Eternal sleep.
11. When Gimpel tells the children that he saw their dead mother, how do they react?
(a) They ask Gimpel to tell them more.
(b) They become angry at his falsehood.
(c) They are astounded and can't speak.
(d) They drop to their knees in prayer.
12. If Gimpel follows the advice given to him by the dream person, what does he fear?
(a) Judgment in the world to come.
(b) Elka's wrath.
(c) Losing his business.
(d) Shame of being found out.
13. What does the person Gimpel confronts tell Gimpel to do?
(a) See an herb doctor or healer, as something is wrong with Gimpel's head.
(b) Bake some break for dinner that night.
(c) Admit that he isn't actually Elka's husband.
(d) Leave Elkaif he truely loves her.
14. After disposing of his vengence, what does Gimpel do when he returns home?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Contact the rabbi.
(c) Divide his hoarded money among the children.
(d) Eats dinner.
15. After Gimpel reiterates what he saw in his bed when he returned home after their separation, what does Elka do?
(a) Yells and says an evil spirit has taken root inside Gimpel and dazzles his sight.
(b) Admit her wrongdoing.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Sends him out to look at the goat again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Gimpel live with Elka?
2. What does Gimpel tell the Rabbi he actually saw by Elka in his bed?
3. On the night of Gimpel's return after a lengthy separation, what does Elka's "brother" do to Gimpel?
4. After leaving Frampol, who does Gimpel see when he dreams?
5. How do townspeople react to Gimpel's actions regarding the event that occurred while the couple was separated?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)