|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gimpel rationalize Elka's behavior?
(a) "I have done the same."
(b) "She loves someone else."
(c) "Anything is possible"
(d) "You can't live without errors."
2. When he visits Elka's house, what takes Gimpel's breath away?
(a) The reeking smell.
(b) Elka's decorating skills.
(c) The amount of dust on everything.
(d) Elka's beauty.
3. When presented with accusations of infidelity, what does Elka do?
(a) Stands silent.
(b) Leaves the room.
(c) Admits her wrong-doings.
(d) Denies them and claims Gimpel is crazy.
4. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi say Gimpel cannot do?
(b) Divorce Elka.
(c) Forgive Elka.
(d) Contact Elka.
5. Where does Gimpel live?
6. Even though Gimpel wanted to sleep at home, where does he stay instead?
(a) The street.
(b) The pub.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The cemetery.
7. The day after Elka's explanation about the child, who does Gimpel visit to talk things over?
(a) The townspeople.
(b) The schoolmaster.
(c) The baker.
(d) The Rabbi.
8. Gimpel is what?
(a) Audio Assistant.
(d) Overweight child.
9. Who is the child's favorite person?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) Tha Baker.
10. How does Gimpel feel about Elka's infidelity?
11. After hearing of Elka's infidelity, what does the Rabbi tell Gimpel to do?
(a) Kill Elka.
(b) Divorce Elka.
(c) Move to another town.
(d) Forgive Elka.
12. Why does Gimpel have to live with someone other than his parents?
(a) He was a bad child.
(b) His dad died and his mother didn't want him.
(c) Both of his parents died.
(d) He didn't like his parents.
13. When does Gimpel receive his nickname?
(a) As a baby.
(b) As an adult.
(c) He doesn't have a nickname.
(d) When he is a schoolboy.
14. What does the Rabbi's daughter make Gimpel do?
(a) Trip and fall.
(b) Kiss the wall.
(c) Give her some bread.
(d) Kiss her.
15. How are Elka's premarital demands met?
(a) Gimpel builds a new house.
(b) The townspeople take up a collection.
(c) Gimpel takes a mistress.
(d) Gimpel buys a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gimpel hints that Elka has fooled him, how does Elka respond?
2. What is the true relation of the person who lives with Elka?
3. Where does Gimpel want to go?
4. What falsehood do the townspeople tell Gimpel about Elka?
5. What happens four months after Gimpel and Elka get married?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)